Lies

Guardian of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“This is what you need. We have already communicated with the Korea Independent Commission Against Corruption Department (KICAC) to temporary stop the investigation against Choi Kang Ho. You can use the evidence that they have collected so far to charge Choi Kang Ho as a chip to deal with Park Min Sik. By cooperating with us, the police department and KICAC could capture the two biggest lion at the same time.” Choi Jin Hyuk said as he passed a USB drive to Lee Min Ho. “All the corruption files are inside the USB drive. As long as you can make Park Min Sik to insert this into his computer to check the files inside, we will be able to hack into his computer.”

Min Ho took the USB drive and looked at it carefully. “Are you sure it’s safe? He might find some expert to check it.”

“There is a special software installed in the drive. Once he opened the files in the drive, the hacking software will automatically hack into his computer. The USB drive will become a normal drive after that. Even if he breaks open the whole drive, he wouldn’t be able to check anything.” Jin Hyuk explained.

Min Ho sighed. “But to make him to check the files inside with his computer will not be easy. I’ll need to use a very attractive reason to make him agree to meet up with me.”

Jin Hyuk smiled. “I’m sure you can do that. Just remember to take care and don’t do something dangerous out of your own ability. Keep me updated and let me know if you need any support.”

Min Ho nodded as he smirked. “Yes sir.”

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

“You told my father about us?” Shin Hye asked in shock.

Min Ho squeezed her hand softly. “I don’t want to hide our relationship anymore. I know it make you felt restless and worried that your father will find out. Then why not we just be honest with him. Sajang-nim already agreed to let us to be together.”

Shin Hye widened her eyes. “H-He… he agreed?”

“Yes, I agreed.” Park Min Sik cut in. “What is there to not agree? Your boyfriend is physically and mentally capable. He can help me in my business and take care of you. There is no reason for me to disagree. As long as you love each other, everything is fine for me.” He said calmly as he continued to eat.

Shin Hye turned to his father’s voice, stunned. She was curious what did Min Ho do to make her father change his mind so easily. She understands her father. If there’s no benefit, he wouldn’t agree with it.

Park Yoo Chun who was sitting there looking at them, totally shocked with what he just heard and witnessed. This is not the Park Min Sik he knows. His eyes turned to Min Ho and glared at him. He really underestimated this man in front of him. First were Shin Hye and now Park Min Sik. His target was obviously not only Shin Hye but much more than that. He wants to be Park Min Sik son in-law. 

Park Min Sik smiled lightly at them. “Don’t just stand there. Min Ho, sit down and eat together with us.” He said as he turned to the maid, instructed her to prepare another set of food for Min Ho.

“Kamsahamnida, sajang-nim.” Min Ho smiled as he helped Shin Hye to sit back at her place before he sat beside her. His eyes met Yoo Chun’s sharp gaze and his expression was burning in anger. Min Ho grinned at him. After knowing the trap Yoo Chun set for Choi Seung Hyun, he know he have to beware of this man too.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Shin Hye, can you please walk slowly and be careful? You will trip if you continue to walk clumsily like this.” Min Ho raised his voice, pulled her arm, forcing her to face him.

Shin Hye yanked his hand away. “Don’t touch me.”

“Talk to me. If you are angry because I told your father about us then tell me what did I do wrong? I just don’t want us to keep hiding. Wasn’t it better like this? I don’t understand what you are angry about.” Min Ho asked in frustration. She has been ignoring him for the whole journey on the way back to the beach house. Her ignorance was testing his patience.

“What happened?”

Min Ho let go of her hand as he sighed heavily when he saw Han Ki Ae walking towards them. He looked away, took a deep breath, trying to calm himself down.

“Han seonsaeng, can you help me up to my room? I don’t want to stay here any longer.” Shin Hye said impatiently.

Han Ki Ae looked at her and then at Min Ho. Their expression was strange and she was sure something happened during the dinner. She held Shin Hye’s hand and smiled. “Okay. I’ll bring you up now.” But before she walks away with Shin Hye, she turned to Min Ho. “Min Ho-sshi, Ha Neul said something is wrong with the camera behind the kitchen. I think you should go to check and see what is going wrong.”

When Min Ho wanted to reply, Shin Hye cut in with a sarcastic voice. “Han seonsaeng. Don’t ask Lee Min Ho-sshi to do such things anymore. He is no longer in charge of the security in this house. In fact, he is not my bodyguard anymore. You don’t have the right to command him to do anything except for my father.”

Han Ki Ae widened her eyes at Min Ho. “You quit?”

Before Min Ho could reply, Shin Hye cut in again. “He didn’t. From next week onwards, he will be working in my father’s office and become his assistant.”

“What? Assistant?” Han Ki Ae was totally shocked.

Min Ho let out an exaggerated sigh before looking at Han Ki Ae. “I’ll go to check the camera now. Please take care of her. She is out of her mind already.” He glared at Shin Hye before walking away.

Shin Hye bit her lip hard, trying not to cry in front of her teacher.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Park Yoo Chun knocked the door before he stepped into Park Min Sik study room. He slowly walked to his study table and bowed at him politely.

“You are looking for me?” Yoo Chun asked.

Park Min Sik looked up at him and nodded. “When you go back to the office tomorrow, inform the HR department that Lee Min Ho will report to work on next Monday. Make sure they get ready a room for him.”

Yoo Chun sighed in annoyed. “Okay.”

“And since he will be my assistant as well, his position will be the same as you. Help me to brief him on the theme park project when he report to work next week. I want him to part in that project.” Park Min Sik continued.

Yoo Chun looked at him in disbelief. “Let him to handle the theme park project?” He chuckled. “He is just a new inexperience staff and you already let him to handle such an important project?”

Park Min Sik’s eyes daggered at him. “Yes. And he will represent me to meet up with Choi Kang Ho for the investment discussion next week too.”

Yoo Chun exhaled sharply. He has been working for this old man for so many years and he never asks him to represent him to attend any meeting or event. Lee Min Ho has not even started work yet but he already let him to handle such an important project. He really couldn’t believe his own ears. He was really curious. What have Lee Min Ho done that make Park Min Sik trusted him so much. What shocked him the most was he even allowed Lee Min Ho to date Shin Hye.

“What is so special about him?” Yoo Chun asked softly. He slowly looked up and held Park Min Sik’s gaze. “I’ve been working for you for so long. I’ve been so loyal to you, obey to every instruction you gave me, do whatever you want me to do but why? Why you choose him and not me?” He clenched his jaw, his eyes reddened in anger. “You know how much I love Shin Hye. You rather marry her to a bastard like Choi Seung Hyun or even let her to be with Lee Min Ho now than giving me a chance. Why must you be so unfair and cruel to me? What have I done that make you hate me so much? If you really hate me, then why do you want to adopt me? You can just dump me into the orphanage home.”

Park Min Sik smirked. “Are you sure you have been loyal to me and obey all my instructions? Do you think I really don’t know what you did behind my back? Don’t try to fool me.” He opened his drawer and took a stack of photos out, threw it on the table.

Yoo Chun clenched his hands into fist when he saw the photos of him and Angel. He was tailing him all these while. He knew what he did to trap Choi Seung Hyun. His breathing became heavy looking at the photos.

“You were lucky that Lee Min Ho appeared in the right time to save you. If not because of him, I’m still thinking whether to kill you or to kill that girl.” Park Min Sik glared at Yoo Chun dangerously. “You know how important that theme park project is for me. You know what is the real reason behind this project. You know how much I will earn from this project. You know Choi Kang Ho is my only hope to invest in this project. And you dare to pull such a stunt to get in my way. You are brave… but in a stupid way.” He inhaled sharply as he leaned back against his chair. “I don’t hate you but I don’t like you either. I will not let my daughter to be with a looser like you. Don’t even dream about it.” He turned his chair around, facing Yoo Chun with his back. “I don’t want to see your face. Get out!”

Yoo Chun gritted his teeth as he stormed out of the study room angrily. He ran back to his room and slammed the door closed behind him. He clenched his hand into fist and punched the wall hard, trying to channel all the pain in his heart to physical pain. As he lifted his hand up to punch on the wall again, his phone rang. He inhaled sharply before he took his phone out from the pocket.

B: What happened?

Yoo Chun: He found out about Angel.

B: (sighed) I told you he will find out. You were just doing a favour for Lee Min Ho.

Yoo Chun: (silent)……

B: Hello? Are you still there?

Yoo Chun: (sniffed) Gomo… Am I really a looser? How long do I need to continue with this kind of life?

Han Ki Ae: (silent)… I’m sorry that you have to suffer so much but we cannot stop now. We have planned this for such a long time and if we give up now, everything that you did will be useless.

Yoo Chun: I really love her very much. If she is willing to be with me, I can give up everything for her.

Han Ki Ae: You know it’s impossible. She will not forgive you if she found out the truth. And in her heart, there is only Lee Min Ho.

Yoo Chun: (inhaled deeply) I will not let him go easily. All the pains he brought to me today, he will pay for it.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

      

Jin Hyuk: Well done. We have successfully hacked into Park Min Sik’s computer. But he is very careful. All the files inside his computer were locked in different passwords. There were a lot of files and to break the password one by one, we need some time.

Min Ho: Just take your time. I don’t think the files inside will have enough evidence to charge him anyway. I can only start working with him next week. Since the project has not started yet, I’ll need longer time to gain his trust for letting me to handle the project.

Jin Hyuk: I heard the conversation that you recorded between both of you. But I didn’t know the second condition you requested from him is in our plan.

Min Ho: (chuckled) That will add extra points for him to trust me but I can’t deny that adding Shin Hye into the condition was for my personal benefit.

Jin Hyuk: Don’t you think it will be very risky to drag her into this? You are the one who said not to involve her in this mission.

Min Ho: (sighed) I know. (silent) But I couldn’t let go of her either. It’s too late to push her away now.

Jin Hyuk: (sighed) Then you have to be extra careful. Don’t let your personal feeling endanger your own life.

Min H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter