A Trap

Guardian of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A: Where is she?

B: She is not with you?

A: No, she is not. I tried to call her but her phone was switched off.

B: (silent)……

A: You are hiding something from me.

B: I just don’t want you to be affected by her. We still have a long way to go.

A: I told you no matter what, I will continue with what I’m doing all these while. Nothing or nobody can affect my determination in this mission.

B: You wouldn’t think straight when it comes to her.

A: (sigh) You know how much I love her.

B: But you will be disappointed.

A: What do you mean?

B: I think I know where she is.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

“Damn it! What is he doing here?” Lee Min Ho cursed as he turned around, looking at Shin Hye who was already in a sitting position, buttoning her shirt up. He let out a deep sigh before he moved to the door and turned the doorknob.

“What are you doing here?” Min Ho asked in his deep voice.

“Where is Shin Hye?” Park Yoo Chun asked angrily.

Min Ho chuckled in disbelief. “This is kind of rude to come to people’s house at this hour, asking such question.”

“Don’t try to change the topic. I know she is with you.” Yoo Chun glared at him.

“Yoo Chun oppa?”

Both of their eyes immediately locked at Shin Hye when they hear her voice.

Yoo Chun pushed Min Ho to the side and quickly stepped into the house. His breath became heavy and his face turned green looking at her. She was wearing a man’s shirt without a pant. Her lips were swollen red and there were a bruise at the corner. His gaze dropped to her neck that was covered with red marks. The purple bruises on her wrists and her legs were enough to drive him over the edge. He stepped forward and held her hand. All his senses were already covered with rage as his grip on her hand tightened without realizing it that he was hurting her.

“What happened to you?” He asked.

Shin Hye was frightened with his strength. He has never been so rough to her before. The terrifying feeling of how Choi Seung Hyun treated her just now was floating back into her mind. Her face twisted in pain, trying to pull her hand away. “Oppa…”

Min Ho quickly stepped in front of her as he pulled her hand away from him. “You are hurting her. Can’t you see the bruises on her hand?”

Yoo Chun’s blood was boiling inside as he lunged forward to grabbed Min Ho’s collar. He slammed him hard against the wall.

“What did you do to her?” Yoo Chun shouted.

Shin Hye was shocked with the fighting sound as she lifted her hands up, trying to reach for them. When her hands touched Yoo Chun’s arm, she grasped at it and tried to pull his hand. “Oppa. I’m fine. It’s not Min Ho-sshi. He was…”

“I asked you what did you do to her. Did you sleep with her?” He asked with fury.

Shin Hye immediately pulled her hand away from him after she heard what he said. He was so angry because he thought she sleep with Min Ho. But he was right. If he didn’t come, something might already happen between them.

Min Ho’s eyes were now reddened with anger as he yanked Yoo Chun’s hands hard and pushed him away. “Is that what you worried about? Do you know what exactly happened to her tonight?” Min Ho raised his voice.

“Choi Seung Hyun…” Shin Hye cut in with a soft voice.

Yoo Chun turned to her, looking shocked. “What about Choi Seung Hyun?” He asked. His heart was beating fast. He inhaled deeply, moved closer to her and looked straight into her sightless eyes. “What did he do?” He cupped her cheeks gently. “Tell me.”

Min Ho looked away as his whole body was burning hot. It felt like his territory just got invaded. He clenched his jaw, trying very hard to control himself from taking his gun out to shoot this man that annoyed every single nerve inside of him.

Shin Hye sighed silently and started to tell everything that happened between her and Choi Seung Hyun in the hotel to Yoo Chun. But of course she didn’t mention the real reason why she went to see him. She doesn’t want him to know that it was because of Min Ho. First, she doesn’t want to create anymore tension between them and second, she doesn’t want to hurt him. If he knows what happened between her and Min Ho, he will definitely be heartbroken. She wasn’t sure about her feeling for him all these while but after Min Ho appeared in her life, she was very sure where her heart belongs now.

Yoo Chun closed his eyes briefly before he let out an exaggerated sigh. “Why did you go there alone? You know he is a dangerous person. You don’t even want to dance with him in the charity ball. Why will you go there to meet him alone?” He asked, confused with what she just told him.

Shin Hye held her head low, worried that her expression will make him suspicious. “I-I was thinking… since I’m going to engage with him soon... I can’t avoid him any longer. I thought he just want to have dinner with me. I didn’t know he will…” She lied as she bit her bottom lip, doesn’t know how to continue.

“I told you not to worry about the engagement. I already have a plan to stop everything.” Yoo Chun said.

Min Ho raised his brows as his eyes turned to Yoo Chun. He has a plan to stop the engagement? He asked silently. That’s news to him.

Yoo Chun sighed again. He held her hand gently and squeezed it softly. “It’s alright. Most importantly you are fine now. Let’s go. I’ll send you home.”

Before Shin Hye could react, Min Ho stepped forward and stood in front of Shin Hye, pulling her hand away from him and held it in his. “She is staying here tonight. I’ll send her back home myself tomorrow.” He said sternly.

Yoo Chun laughed inwardly at him. “Who do you think you are to stop her from leaving with me? Do you think you have the right to do that? How many times I have to remind you that you are just a bodyguard.” His eyes darkened as his gaze dropped to their entwined hands.

Shin Hye’s heartbeat raced with their heated tension. She grasped on Min Ho’s sleeve and pulled him softly. “M-Min Ho-sshi.”

Min Ho ignored her as he smirked at Yoo Chun. “Who I am?” He turned to Shin Hye and looked at her. “Should I let him the truth so that he could stop dreaming?”

Shin Hye got nervous and tightened her grip on his hand. “Min Ho-sshi.”

Yoo Chun’s face hardened when he saw Shin Hye’s reaction. He clenched his hands into fist as if he was getting ready for a fight.

Min Ho cleared his throat as he took a step forward. “I have every right to stop her from going off with you.” He paused as he held their entwined hand up and placed it against his chest. “I’m her boyfriend.”

Shin Hye bit her lip as she closed her eyes.

Yoo Chun held his breath as his eyes never leave Shin Hye’s face. Those words that Min Ho said were like a sharp knife stabbing right into his heart.

“Is it true?” He asked her softly.

“Oppa.” Shin Hye’s eyes reddened. It pained her heart hearing his hurtful voice.

Yoo Chun looked down as he exhaled sharply. “You promised me you will stay away from him.” He paused and looked back at her. “You know I love you.”

“I’m sorry.” Tears started to roll down her cheeks. “I don’t mean to hurt you. I was…”

“I’ll wait for you.” He cut her off.

Min Ho’s glared at him as his other hand balled into a fist.

Yoo Chun averted his gaze and daggered at Min Ho. “I believe you are just attracted to him because of the excitement he brought to you. It will fade as time pass.” He inhaled deeply before he turned around, heading to the door.

“Oppa.” Shin Hye wanted to chase after him when she heard the door sound. She tried to pull her hand away from Min Ho but he doesn’t want to let go and tightened his grip. She turned around, facing him. “Min Ho-sshi. Let go of me. I need to talk to him.”

“He is gone.” Min Ho said through gritted teeth.

“But I need to make sure he is okay.” Shin Hye protest.

Min Ho clenched his jaw, looking at Shin Hye dangerously. “Are you telling me now that rather choose to go with him to make sure his poor heart is not broken?”

Shin Hye sighed. “That’s not what I mean. You shouldn’t have told him in the first place.”

Min Ho immediately let go of her hand and glared at her in disbelief. “What is wrong to tell him about us? You know he love you. You will only give him false hope if you keep the truth away from him.” He paused as he narrowed his gaze. “Or are you trying to keep your choice open so that you can go back to him when things don’t work out with me?”

Her eyes widened in shock at what he just said. Those words were like bullets shooting into her head. She bit her lower lip hard, trying to hold her tears that were threatening to fall anytime. Without replying him, she turned around, walking clumsily back to the living room. She gasped in pain when her leg kicked on the bed and tripped her down.

Min Ho quickly rushed to her and squatted beside her, checking her legs. “Are you okay? Did you hurt your legs?” He asked worriedly.

She yanked his hands away as she couldn’t control her emotion anymore. Tears started to flow down uncontrollably.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry.” Min Ho held her hands, trying to soothe her. He was stunned looking at her tearful eyes.

Shin Hye tried to pull her hands away and started to hit his chest violently. “I hate you! I hate you!” She cried out loudly.

Min Ho felt like punching himself in the face. How could he say such words to her especially when she was so guilty for hurting Yoo Chun? He should understand her feeling and not argue with her at the moment like this. He pulled her into his arms and hugged her tightly, ignoring her struggles. “Shhh… I know, I know. I hate myself too. I’m sorry.” He whispered in her ear.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

Yoo Chun rested his forehead on the steering wheel as his eyes closed tightly together. His breathing was uneven and his heartbeat was still beating abnormally fast. The hatred in his system was like fire burning throughout his body. He hates Lee Min Ho, he hates Choi Seung Hyun, he hates Park Min Sik, he hates his life and he hates everything. Why must his life be so miserable because of them?

----------

Yoo Chun: You know where she is?

B: (silent)… She might be with Lee Min Ho now.

Yoo Chun: Lee Min Ho? I thought he was on leave. Why would she be with him?

B: That’s what I guess. I’m not very sure. But I think something is going on between them.

Yoo Chun: Impossible. She told me that she just treat him as her bodyguard. She promised me that she will stay away from him.

B: (sigh) You should be more rational. You can’t let her influence your judgement. I told you a lot of time that you need to get her out of your mind. Don’t let that incident affect your decision. This is not love.

Yoo Chun: This has nothing to do with that incident. I already fall in love with her since the first time I saw her.

B: You were just 10 years old at that time. What do you know about love? If she really love you back, both of you were already together. Why does she keep pushing you away? You have to wake up from this dream. Have you forgotten the mission? She was part of our target.

Yoo Chun: I told you I will not hurt her no matter what happen.

B: (chuckled) When she find out about the truth, do you think she won’t get hurt? She will not forgive you.

----------

Yoo Chun clenched his hand into fist as he hit the steering wheel hard. He slammed his head against the car seat and his eyes were reddened. There were a lot of people he need to destroy but there was only one person in this world that he wanted to protect and love for the rest of his life. From the first day he was adopted and moved into Park Min Sik’s mansion, nobody really look at him or care about him. He was just a nobody and he was always curious why he wanted to adopt him if he doesn’t even care about him. But his life slowly changed when he met Shin Hye. She was like an angel that flew into his life, gave him warmth and love.

He just couldn’t understand what went wrong between them. She was there for him when he needed someone the most. Her warm smile, her beautiful gaze, everything was still so fresh in his mind. And then the accident happened that took her eyesight and her brother away from her. From that day onwards, she had totally changed to another person. The cheerful girl he used to know has gone. Her father doesn’t love her and after the accident, the dislike has even changed to hatred. He told himself that no matter what he needed to do, he will always protect her first and never let her get hurt again. But now, everything seems to have changed. Her heart has changed.

Yoo Chun took a deep breath before he took his phone out and looked at it for a while. He knows problems have to be solved one at a moment. The first person he needs to destroy now is him. He started to dial the number he wanted to reach.

Yoo Chun: It’s me.

Woman: Hi boss.

Yoo Chun: You can do it tonight. I heard he is in Lotte Hotel, room number 216.

Woman: No problem. But don’t forget about the payment.

Yoo Chun: Once you are done, I’ll pay you the balance immediately.

Woman: (laughed) Thank you so much. Wait for my call.

Yoo Chun ended the call and threw his phone to the passenger seat beside him. He sighed before he started the car and drove away.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

Min Ho pulled back slightly as he looked at Shin Hye’s tear-stained face. He moved his hands to her cheeks and caressed it softly. “Are you done crying? Am I forgiven?” He asked carefully, worriedly.

Shin Hye didn’t reply him but pulled away completely from him as she slowly stood up of the floor.

Min Ho followed and held her arm when she was about to walk away from where she was standing. “Where are you going?”

“I think I left my white cane in the hotel just now. I’m blind and couldn’t see around. Can you please help me to the couch in your living room? I will sleep there tonight. Please call Ha Neul-sshi to come early in the morning tomorrow to fetch me back.” She said coldly.

Min Ho let out a defeated sigh as he wrapped his arms around her from behind, resting his chin on her shoulder. “What couch? I only have a bed in this apartment. You can only sleep on my bed tonight.” He lied.

Shin Hye tried to yank his hands away from her but it only make him tightened his arms even more. “Then I’ll just sleep on the floor.” She said, trying to stay as cold as possible.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter