Rules vs Principles

Guardian of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Park Shin Hye wrapped herself with her arms when she felt the chill winds blew through her body. Her mind felt calmer when she was listening to the sound of the soft waves surrounding her. She stopped walking when she felt Park Yoo Chun’s hand grasped hers and turned her around. After few seconds, a warm and soft fabric was covered around her body. It must be his coat. He then tucked the loose strands of her hair behind her ear before he gently caressed her cheek.

“Are you alright?” He asked gently. “Your face colour doesn’t look good. Do you want me to call Soo Hyun over to check on you?” He continued with his concern voice.

Shin Hye kept her head low as she shook her head slowly. “Soo Hyun oppa is an ophthalmologist. He can only cure eyes and vision. He couldn’t cure my heart.” She said sadly.

“But you don’t even give him a chance to cure your eyes.” He said.

Shin Hye let out a weak smile. “My eyes? There is nothing he can do.”

“You know that is not true. There were so many chances that you could undergo the corneal transplant surgery but you just refused it.” Yoo Chun inhaled deeply as his eyes were locked at her beautiful face.

“What is so bad to be blind? At least I don’t need to see the hatred and annoyed gazes from the people around me.” She said softly. “I don’t need to see how grey the world is around me.” She continued.

Yoo Chun lifted her face up and looked into those beautiful but gazeless eyes. “Dae Jung wouldn’t want to see you like this. Your brother wouldn’t want to see you hiding yourself in the dark world because of him. His death has nothing to do with you. You were the victim too. You don’t need to be guilty.”

Shin Hye’s eyes reddened as tears started to well. “But why I’m not the one who dies in that accident? Oppa died because he wants to save me. Eomma died because she wants to save me too. Appa will be happier now if the person who dies is me. He will…”

“But my heart will be broken into pieces.” He cut her off.

Shin Hye was startled and gasped softly when Yoo Chun pulled her by her nape and leaned her head against his chest.

“You told me once that even though you couldn’t see but you can feel and see everything through your heart. Then can you feel it now? My heart, can you feel how painful it is looking at you like this?” Yoo Chun’s breathing became heavy.

Shin Hye was shocked as she clenched tightly onto his shirt. She closed her eyes and listened to the strong but unsteady heartbeat against his chest. His heart was throbbing fast and hard and she could feel his breathing was uneven. She felt safe being with him like this but at the same time, it just couldn’t take that pain away.

 

Lee Min Ho who was standing about 10 feet away from them chuckled annoyingly when he saw Yoo Chun pulled Shin Hye into his arms. He doesn’t know why but that guy just irritates him and make him felt very uncomfortable especially looking at Shin Hye’s painful expression.

“What a painful complicated step siblings love story.” He murmured. Just then, his phone rang and he let out a grin when he saw the caller ID.

Woo Bin: How’s everything?

Min Ho: (chuckled) Cold.

Woo Bin: What?

Min Ho: The person that I need to protect is as cold as an iceberg and every time she talked to me, her cold tone sent shivers through my whole body. It was like standing in the middle of heavy snow. I guess I’m going to catch a flu soon.

Woo Bin: (laughed) She is not that bad. I had my shift there once and she was okay. I think she just need time to cope with the new people. But I’m sure you will be fine. Beautiful girl is always your cup of tea. It’s just like bees around the honey pot.

Min Ho: (chuckled) Are you saying that I’m as sweet as honey? But for your information, those bees around me has normal eyes sight. They can see very clearly how handsome and hot I am. But this one, she might just treat me like those ahjuhsi bodyguard. I couldn’t use my charm on her.

Woo Bin: I have confident in you. You can conquer it in no time. But just bear in mind, don’t touch her. She is not any ordinary clubbing girl you meet at night. Her father is Park Min Sik.

Min Ho: Oh please. She is definitely not my type, okay. And please stop with this ‘don’t-touch-me’ line. I was just kind enough to lend her a hand and… aish…

Woo Bin: What are you talking about?

Min Ho: (annoyed) Forget it.

Woo Bin: Where are you now? Why is it so noisy at your side? You are at the beach?

Min Ho: (sighed) Park Yoo Chun came and your agasshi want to have a walk at the beach with him. They are hugging now like the waves will roll them into the sea anytime if they don’t hold tightly onto each other.

Woo Bin: (laughed) He is a family to her. What is so wrong about that?

Min Ho: Family? Are you kidding? His eyes glistened when he saw her and her face blushed when he hold her hand. (sighed) I don’t know. This guy just gets on my nerves and I don’t like him.

Woo Bin: You don’t need to like him. In fact, you don’t need to like them. You just need to like the money they are paying you. Just do your job well.

Min Ho: (sighed) Arasso.

Woo Bin: Give me a call if you need anything.

Min Ho ended the call and put his phone back into his pocket. He looked up at Shin Hye who was still being held tightly in Yoo Chun’s arms. Even though he was standing far away from them, he could still see the sad expression on Shin Hye’s face. That painful expression tightened his chest which he doesn’t understand why. He sighed before looking away from them.

 

Shin Hye slowly pulled back from Yoo Chun when his phone rang. She turned around awkwardly as he answered his phone.

“Yes, sajang-nim.” He said as his eyes were still looking at Shin Hye. He let out a silent sigh before he nodded his head. “Okay. I know what to do. I’ll come back right away.” He ended the call before he walked to the front to face Shin Hye.

“Your father called and I need to rush back to the office now. There is something urgent for me to settle and it will take very long time. I don’t think I can stay for dinner or come back tonight. Will you be okay to be alone?” Yoo Chun asked worriedly.

Shin Hye lifted her head up and let out a soft smile. She nodded softly. “I’ll be fine. Han seonsaeng is here with me.”

Yoo Chun turned to the direction where Min Ho was standing and exhaled sharply. He doesn’t like that guy. He was arrogant and the incident in the house just now make him felt uneasy especially he have to stay so close to Shin Hye. He looked back at her and asked. “How about the new bodyguard? Is he okay? Did he behave? If you don’t like him I can tell your father to change to another one.”

Shin Hye tilted her head to the side before she shook her head. “Today is just his first day. There are still a lot of things he is not familiar yet. As long as he didn’t intrude my daily life and do a good job, I’m fine with him.” She said as she took the coat away from her and passed it back to Yoo Chun. “Don’t worry about me. It has been 8 years already. I have already got used to it.”

Yoo Chun sighed. “Let’s go back inside. It’s very cold here.”

She shook her head. “I want to stay here a little bit longer. I feel much better hearing the sound of waves in my ears. It makes me calmer and relaxed.” Her eyes widened when she felt his hands cupped her face, closing the distance between them.

“Give me a call if you need anyone to talk. And promise me not to cry. It’s not good for your eyes. I’ll come to see you when I’m free.” He said softly.

Shin Hye squirmed when she felt his soft lips pressed on her forehead. She bit her lower lip nervously. Her heart was pounding fast and her cheeks were burning with their closeness.

“Bye.” Yoo Chun uttered before he walked away. He stopped in front of Min Ho and looked at him sternly. “Shin Hye still want to stay here for a while. Make sure she gets back to the house safely. Keep your 10 feet distance because she don’t like any people stay too near to her.”

“Understood.” Min Ho said, looking straight into his eyes. “As I said, her safety is my responsible.”

Yoo Chun didn’t reply as he walked away from him.

 

Min Ho looked down at his watch before he looked up at the darkened sky. It has been hours since Park Yoo Chun left and his poor legs started to feel numb standing there for so long. He heaved a sigh when his phone rang. The call was from an unknown number.

Min Ho: Yoboseyo.

Han Ki Ae: It’s me. Is Shin Hye still at the beach? Please tell her that the dinner is ready. She didn’t bring her phone so I can only contact you.

Min Ho: No problem. I’ll let her know.

Han Ki Ae: Thank you.

He put his phone in his pocket before averted his gaze back at shin Hye. His brows furrowed when he saw the rolling waves was getting nearer to where she was sitting. He stepped forward as he quickened his pace heading towards her when he saw the water touched her shoes.

At the same time, Shin Hye felt the water touches her feet as she put her hand down to feel the coldness of it. She felt the softness of the sands and play it with her hand. She tilted her head to the side when she heard footsteps coming towards her. 

Min Ho stopped beside her and stood there looking at her quietly. He saw the calm expression on her face and that look on her make him doesn’t want to disturb her. After few seconds, he cleared his throat breaking the silence.

“Han seonsaeng asked me to tell you that the dinner is ready. We should go back to the house now.” He said in his deep voice.

Without giving him any response or reply, Shin Hye slowly pulled herself up but because of sitting there for a long time, her legs were numb and she lost her balance. She gasped in shock when she felt a pair of unfamiliar arms wrapped around her waist, holding onto her tightly. She immediately tensed up when she felt the hard chest pressing so close against hers. She could clearly feel the warm breathing fanning on her face and heard the strong and steady heartbeat against that chest.

Min Ho held his breath as his eyes were locked at the beautiful angelic face in front of him. This was the first time he was this close to Shin Hye and he can smell the sweet and fresh scent from her. The feeling of her soft body in his arms triggered the nerves inside him, sending electric bolt throughout his body. Both of them were stunned and froze in place.

After a while, Shin Hye was brought back to her senses and quickly pulled herself away from him. She bit her lower lip as she kept her head low. “I told you not to touch me.” She said in a very cold tone. Her face was burning with blush.

Min Ho was taken aback from what just happened as he exhaled the deep breath he was holding. He tried to stay controlled as he looked at her. His lips curled up slightly when he saw her pink cheeks. At least she is not expressionless and looked less cold with the blush on her face.

“I-I’m sorry. You were about to fall down and I just… I thought of…” He tried to exp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter