The Code

Guardian of Love
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The sunlight that seeping through the window makes Lee Min Ho grimace in his sleep. He turned over onto his right side and slowly blinked his eyes opened when his arms felt so empty this morning. As his vision began to focus, he noticed that the person he has been embraced to sleep every night for the last 2 weeks was missing. He pulled himself up in a sitting position and found himself smiling from ear to ear, looking at the beautiful woman who was busy preparing breakfast in the open kitchen. She was wearing his shirt and he realized with a start that she has no bottoms on, exposing her bare legs which he admires for a long seconds. He got down from the bed very softly and tiptoed to the kitchen very slowly, trying not to startle her. 

Shin Hye quietly gasped when Min Ho touched her from behind, gently wrapping his arms around her waist and burying his face in her right shoulder. She smiled softly as she reached back, took a handful of his messy hair so she could turn her head and kissed his left temple.

“Am I too noisy and wake you up?” She asked softly.

Min Ho shook his head and pouted his lips. “I’m too lonely sleeping in that empty bed alone.”

Shin Hye laughed. “It’s 8am already. You still need to go back to police station before you go to the hospital. You have an appointment with the doctor for your check-up at 11am, remember? I have to wake up earlier to prepare breakfast so that you can have something to eat before you go.”

“Hmmm… Are you sure you can go to the hospital alone? I can come back to fetch you and go together.” He asked.

“I’m not a kid. You don’t need to come all the way back here since the hospital is so near to your police station. Don’t worry about me. I’ll meet you in the hospital.” She assured him.

Min Ho sighed as he nodded. His hands tightened around her as his lips were trailing soft kisses along her neck, making Shin Hye to squirm.

She bit her lip as her hands stop cutting the vegetables on the chopping board. “I’m holding a knife and you are making me nervous. It’s very dangerous.”

Min Ho grinned as he continued what he was doing without replying her.

Shin Hye inhaled a deep breath before putting the knife down and grasped onto his arm. She felt his hot burning bare chest pressing tightly against her back and his heartbeat was pounding fast. She knows very clearly what was in his mind now.

“Why are you not wearing any cloth?” She asked in a heavy breath. She couldn’t stop herself from getting affected by his teasing arousal.

“Because you are wearing mine. But don’t worry. You looked so much better in it.” He said hoarsely as his hands started to roam over her torso, slipping up under the thin cotton of the shirt. He smiled knowing that she wasn’t wearing anything except her underwear underneath that thin fabric. He pulled back slightly as he swirled her around, facing him. Her face was flushed as her lips were parted a little, looking absolutely y.

“You are going to be late if you keep doing this.” She said, looking at him with a helpless gaze.

Without replying her, He leaned forward and sealed her lips with his. He wrapped his arms around her back, her shoulder, drawing her closer. He coaxes her lips to part for him and when she did, his tongue slipped over her lips, tasting and curling around hers. He his tongue inside , deep, greedy for more of her, all of her. He hoisted her up against him and slowly maneuvered her against the kitchen countertop with his chest crowded into her, holding her upright. His fingers were trailing along her spine, up and down, tender caresses that calmed her racing heart.

After a long minute, Min Ho finally pulled away from her reddened and swollen lips. Shin Hye was slightly trembling, still trying to catch her breath, gasping, her legs shaky, arms weak. His scent wrapped around her and it did nothing to calm the electricity that still zapping through her blood. She lifted her head up slowly as their eyes locked at each other. She bit her lip as her face blushed deeper looking at his intense gaze.

“We wouldn’t be able to leave the house if you don’t stop now.” She paused as she inhaled deeply. “We can continue this tonight.” She whispered. She was right. They can continue this tonight because they have been doing this almost every night. He just couldn’t get his hands off her.

Min Ho wrapped his arm around her waist, tugging her to him, so tight that her lower part body was pressed into his, and she could clearly feel his hardness against her. She gasped as heat flashed through her.

“Don’t worry. I will continue again tonight but I won’t stop now either.” He chuckled when he saw her glaring at him. He leaned forward again and pressed his lips on her neck, brushing over her pulse point, brought his teeth against her and shivers ripple down her spine. “I promise you that I won’t be late for the appointment later.” He smiled when he heard her soft moan. “What have you done to me? I just couldn’t stop touching you.”

Shin Hye sighed as she surrendered with her arms circled around his neck. Her fingers curled into his hair at the back of his neck, caressing it tenderly. His hand moved to her shirt and his fingers fumbling with the buttons on the shirt, slowly undid them.

They barely made it to the bed as he kept faltering in his steps, stopped to kiss her, stumbling through the seemingly never ending length of the living room. Min Ho seems to give up and sat her down on the couch instead. He groaned in annoyance when he couldn’t get the last button open and just pulled it apart.

Shin Hye laughed at his frustration and pushed back against his chest. She cupped his face and looked deep into his eyes. “Am I really driving you that crazy?” She .

Min Ho pursed his lips, his eyes sinfully dark with arousal. “You have no idea.” He growled.

Shin Hye smiled as she swung around in such a way as to force him onto his back against the couch while she straddled him. She leaned forward and nuzzled the edge of his jaw and the soft patch of skin underneath his ear. She felt him holding his breath and his body stiffened with her sudden initiative.

“Breathe…” She whispered, her soft breath dancing over his skin in rhythm with the caress of her fingers. She led his earlobe into , grazing it with her teeth and relishing the groan that stuck in his throat.

Min Ho’s jaw clenched tightly as his hand moved to her nape, pulling her closer to him. Looking intensely into her eyes, he directed his words right against her lips. “You have no idea what you’re getting yourself into.” He said before he pulled her into a hard and deep kiss.

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

The doctor closed the file and smiled up at Min Ho. “Everything seems normal and good. Is there any severe pain in your head lately?” He asked.

“These two weeks have been better. I don’t get any more pain but at the same time the memories that I lost aren’t coming back either.” Min Ho replied.

The doctor nodded. “It’s normal. You will get the pain when you recall something because you will naturally force yourself to recall more and by doing so, it widen the blood vessels and the widening vessels around the brain usually cause pain, much as it does in a migraine headache. So whenever you remember something, you have to relax. Don’t make yourself too stress up because it will only make the pain worse and your mind will become more confuse. I’ll give you some pain killer for the headache.”

The doctor smiled again before he continued. “But your condition is positive. It was only a small part of memory that you lost and it doesn’t affect your job and daily activities. And you said that you are slowly remembering things. It’s a good sign.”

“But the memory that appeared was all in broken pieces and sometimes I wasn’t even sure whether it was my memory or just a dream or illusion. Is there any treatment that can help me to regain back all my memories? I know it was only a small part that I have forgotten but that small part contained the most important part of memories that I have in my life. I really want to remember everything.” Min Ho asked with a hopeful gaze. Although he was back with Shin Hye now and he enjoyed every moment being with her, but he know deep inside her heart, she still hope that he can remember who she is. He can sense that she was hiding something from him that she doesn’t want to tell him herself. Whenever he asked her about her past, about how they know each other, she will try to change the topic or use his headache as an excuse to stop the conversation.

The doctor sighed. “Amnesia is not a disease that it can be treated using medication. Brain is a very complicated and complex part in human body. Even it was only a small little part in the brain that was injured, it may affect a lot of things. To be honest, I really couldn’t give you an answer on how to help you to regain back your memory. There were a lot of amnesia patient who doesn’t regain their memory for the rest of their lives. The only thing I could suggest to you is therapy. It might or might not help. But you can always try.”

Min Ho pursed his lips as he nodded. He understands that it was not simple. He was already lucky that he still survived after a gunshot in his head. He should be grateful and cherish what he has now.

 

------------------------------------------------------------

 

Min Ho: I’m done. I’m queuing for the medicine. Where are you?

Shin Hye heaved an exaggerated sigh as she half running into the hospital compound with her phone on her ear. “I’m sorry, oppa. I was stuck in the traffic jam. I’m already outside of the hospital coming in. You wait for me there.” She paused as she pouted her lips. “It was your fault too. You promised to be quick but we even ended up in the shower together.” She said as her face blush a deep red.

 Min Ho: (laughed) Your fault too. You seduced me and you can’t deny that you barely can take your hands off me too.

“Yah!” She stopped and stomped on her foot.

Min Ho: (laughed) Okay, okay. My fault. I will wake up earlier tomorrow so we could start early and won’t be late like today.”

Shin Hye scoffed as she continued to walk. “In your dream.”

Min Ho: (smiled) I’ll make sure the dream come true.

“Stop talking nonsense. Where are you? I’ll come to find you.” Shin Hye said.

Min Ho: I’m at level 3. I’ll wait for you here.

“Okay. I’ll come now.” Shin Hye ended the call as she quickened her pace and walked into the hospital building.

 

Shin Hye stepped out of the elevator and followed the signboard, heading towards the prescription counter. As she walked along the hallway, she saw a man in his hospital gown, sitting on the floor as if in pain. She scanned around the area to look for a nurse but no one was there. She slowly walked towards him and squatted down.

“Sir, are you okay?” She asked.

The man lifted his head up and looked at Shin Hye. He was at his late twenties and very good looking. But his eyes were dark and scary in a way that make Shin Hye’s heart felt uneasy.

“Are you not feeling well anywhere? Where is your room? Do you want me to bring you back?” She asked again.

The man didn’t reply her but just looked deeply into her eyes. He tilted his head to the side as if trying to think about something. “You…” He said very softly and lifted his hand to grab Shin Hye’s arm.

She was slightly frightened as she tried to pull her hand away from him. He tightened his grip on her as his eyes darkened and leaned closer to her.

“W-What are you doing? Let go of me. I-I’ll go to call the nurse for you. You wait… ahhh…” Shin Hye screamed when the man suddenly pulled her up and pinned her against the wall.

“What are you doing? Let go of me.” Shin Hye shouted again as she tried to look for help. But there is no one at the hallway.

“Park Shin Hye.” The man said her name as he smiled evilly.

Shin Hye widened her eyes in shock. “How do you know my name? Who are you?”

“Park Shin Hye. You wouldn’t be able to run away from me. You are mine.” The man said again.

Shin Hye’s heart pounded fast and hard, looking at him in horror. She slowly recalled the voice that was ringing in her ears now. She heard the voice before. She knows him.

“Y-You… you are…” She stuttered and couldn’t even say his name out loud.

“You smell really good. You still look the same. So beautiful. I miss you so much. Why didn’t you come to see me?” The man said as he leaned closer and closer until his lips were almost press on Shin Hye’s cheek.

She struggled, trying to free herself from him. “Stop. Let go of me.” She screamed and closed her eyes tightly together with tears started to escape at the corner.

“Where you want to go? You want to leave me again? You are mine. We are getting married soon.” He inched closer and when he was about to kiss her, someone grabbed him from behind and threw him to the floor.

Shin Hye opened her eyes when she felt a pair of familiar arm holding onto her.

“Shin Hye, are you okay?” Min Ho asked worriedly as he scanned her from top to toe, to make sure she was alright.

She grasped onto his shirt and brought herself closer to him. Her body was trembling as she stole a glance at the man that was already pinned down on the floor by the doctor and nurses.

“Answer me, are you okay? What did he do to you?” Min Ho asked impatiently.

Shin Hye bit her lip hard as she shook her head. “I-I’m alright.”

Min Ho heaved a sigh before he pulled her into his arms as he turned to the man on the floor. His brows furrowed as his face hardened.

“Choi Seung Hyun?” He asked in shock. Min Ho remembered his case that was in-charged by him 2 years ago and he was later announced to be not guilty because the witness was dead. He knows Choi Seung Hyun find someone to kill the witness but the police couldn’t find any proof and have to let him go. His case was the last thing he remembered when he woke up in the hospital after the injury.

Choi Seung Hyun laughed very loudly as he pointed his index finger at Shin Hye. “You are my future wife. You can’t run away from me. Even if your man tried to kill me, I will still get you. You are mine. You are mine!” He shouted as he continued to laugh.

Shin Hye tightened her grip on Min Ho’s shirt as she buried her face in his neck, doesn’t want to see Choi Seung Hyun’s face again.

With the help of the nurses, pinning him on the floor, the doctor gave Choi Seung Hyun a jab and after a while, he lost his consciousness. The doctor instructed the nurses to send him back to his ward before he walked towards Min Ho and Shin Hye.

“I’m very sorry. He is one of our mental disorder patients. The nurses lost him when they brought him out for a walk in the garden. I’m so sorry.” The doctor apologized.

Min Ho gently pulled away from Shin Hye before he turned to the doctor. “Mental disorder? What happened to him? I know him. He was not like that 2 years ago.”

“He was convicted to an underage girl 1 year ago. When he was in the prison, he was hit in his head and had a very serious head injury. He has been in coma for 6 months. But after he woken up, he was like this.” The doctor explained. He nodded politely at them before he walked away.

Min Ho looked down at Shin Hye who was still trembling in his arms. His brows furrowed when he saw her pale face. “Are you really okay? You looked like you are going to faint any time. What happened just now? You know him? You know Choi Seung Hyun?”

It sends shivers through her body whenever she heard that name. The incident that happened in the hotel one year ago replayed in her mind in a sudden. She doesn’t know how to tell Min Ho that she did know him. If she tells him that, she has to tell him about her father too. She wasn’t sure how much he could understand and accept the truth.

Shin Hye shook her head and leaned forward, wrapping her arms around her waist, seeking for his warmth. “I was just frightened.” She bit her lip. “I don’t know him.” She lied.

Min Ho sighed as he embraced her tightly. “I almost got a heart attack when I saw you pinned against the wall by him.” He said as he kissed her hair softly. “Let’s go home.”

 

----------------------------------------------------------

 

“Pull the trigger and shoot me in my head now if you want your lovely Shin Hye to see you spending your whole life in the jail.”   

“Don’t you dare to challenge me. You know what kind of person I am. I told myself that I will hunt you down and make you pay for what you have done no matter what.”

“I’m alright. He didn’t hurt me. Let him go.”

“You better don’t touch her anymore or the next time you will be begging me to kill you instead.”

-----

Min Ho gasped loudly as he pulled himself up from his bed. Beads of sweat covered his forehead as his lips were parted, panting hard for air. His face was twisted when the pain in his head attacked him again. He buried his face in his palm, trying to soothe the pain away.

Shin Hye opened her eyes slowly when she felt movements beside her. She quickly pulled herself into a sitting position when she saw Min Ho sitting there with his face buried in his palms. She moved closer to him and held his arm.

“What’s wrong? You head is hurting again?” She asked worriedly.

Min Ho inhaled deeply as he lifted his head up, turning to her. He looked at her for a long while. The memory that s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter