Wonderland

Lines and Words (Jeti collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Timeline is set to be not long after Jessica released her 2nd EP Wonderland.

 

Jessica takes a deep breath, the smell of this enclosed tin box never ceases to calm her. Be it ten years ago after each and every exhausting performance or now going up for an impromptu visit.

 

She tries to relax her stressed mind from the meeting she just had. Being a Creative Director does not seem as hard but it does not mean it’s a piece of cake. Meeting with corporate heads and clients on a regular basis comes on top of her “why-again-I-don’t-want” list (Jessica may be a strong independent woman but Sooyeon is everything but). Stopping herself from dwelling on those thoughts, she inhales again, letting the smell in the elevator relaxes her.

 

Stepping out walking to the chestnut coloured front door, what always greets her is the familiar cursive door number which she has written so many times when she travelled away but never once forget to send something to. Then is the smell of too much strawberry, Jessica thinks if air has colour she must be seeing pink now. Next is the occasional barking accompanied with the faint noise from the TV.

 

Everything feels just right.

 

She presses on the door bell and like clockwork, the barking immediately intensifies. Among all those barking, a voice stands out, commanding the two fur balls to keep quiet (not that it’s much of a use of course). Standing outside Jessica can hear clearly the barking does not go down and even comes louder her way. A grin breaks out on her face imagining how when the door opens, she will be greeted with her adorably surprised face.

 

-x-

 

“Jessi!”

 

Tiffany throws herself on the other, enveloping the slightly shorter one in a bone-crushing hug. Even the force manages to knock all the air out of her lungs, Jessica still manages to let out a delighted chuckle, welcoming the other into her arms with all her heart.  

 

“I miss you.” Tiffany mumbles in the crook of her neck.

 

Jessica would have answered a simple ‘me too’ but it does not feel as appropriate. For the period they have been apart, she misses the younger every day, there is no limit to her longing, simply saying ‘me too’ does not justify what she feels.

 

Loosening the hug and holding Tiffany’s face in her palms, she looks right into those eyes that never seem to lose their twinkle, “I miss you too. Just as much.”

 

Just then she feels something ticklish around her shins, she looks down and sees that the two fur balls once barking loudly are now sniffing her. Prince seems to recognise her as he even gets on his hind legs and paws on Jessica’s jean-clad thighs.

 

“Oh he’s excited! I guess he recognises you as his other mommy!” Tiffany lets out a cute laugh seeing how Prince is acting. Jessica smiles at the scene. This is exactly how going home to a loving wife and precious kids looks like. She thinks of those movies where the war finally ended and soldiers get to go home and see their families. Those movies always depict soldiers to be exhausted and half-dead (talking about appearance) but once they see their families, all colours come back to life. Jessica muses, she herself of course is not a soldier who had just fought the war, but the part where all colours come back to life does suit her pretty well when she sees a certain Hwang.

 

“Why are you smiling like a creep?” Jessica pushes herself out of her bubble and focuses on Tiffany who is now looking at her with an amused expression with both Prince and Princess in her arms. Her smile unconsciously widens seeing this cute scene. Reality is showing her a glimpse of her little fantasy.

 

Chuckling, she shakes her head and ushers the girl. “Just get going wifey.”

 

-x-

 

Walking into Tiffany’s pink confines, the first thing Jessica notices is something purple lying on her rather empty desk. It sticks out like a sore thumb in the rather pink room. She tries hard not to look at the “purple thing”, in hopes if she does not acknowledge its presence it will eventually disappear.

 

However.

 

“Let’s listen to your album!” Tiffany grins and even jumps a little, giddiness laced in her tone. “I know it is everywhere now but I have been refraining myself and waiting for an opportunity like this…with you.”

 

“M-maybe you can listen to it later?” Jessica stammers, feeling her pride wavers as she is afraid of what Tiffany will think of her album. What if the girl finds it boring? What if she praises it but does not actually feel like it? She honestly has never planned to ask the other about Wonderland, not even after the MV’s been hitting a million views so let alone listen to it together, now.

 

If Tiffany notices Jessica’s uneasiness, she says nothing. She pulls the older in a quick kiss and makes her sit on her bed. “Relax Jessi,” Getting her laptop and joining the other, she inserts the CD and plays the first track. Hearing the familiar intro, Jessica looks at Tiffany’s side profile with clammy hands. Oh god oh god oh god I can’t. She sees the girl drumming her fingers along the intro, humming along, “Mmm I like this tropical house riff.”

 

Jessica’s face falls, those words hit her like a tow truck. To anyone it is a comment, a passing comment or a compliment even, but not for Jessica Jung. 

 

“You mean the repetitive tropical house riff.” Jessica didn’t realise how bitter she sounded, not when T

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter