[angst] Our Love Is Just a Dream

Lines and Words (Jeti collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A/N: Hi :) I finally did it! Another eyes burning shot for you chingus. Please enjoy :3

 

Looking out the window, I see leaves flutter with the waves of the wind. Seems like this one young leave is going to fall off from its branch, is it going to or is it not? I look further to the pavement across the street, there’s no one. Shifting my gaze back to the young leave, it’s still there but I could see it’s barely hanging on.

 

Destined to fall but never want to let go.

 

Getting up from bed, I stalked on to the bathroom. A yawn escapes and I look into the mirror. Who is this. There’s a girl in my mirror, staring back hollowly at me. Who are you. I run a hand down my locks, the girl follows suit. I ignore her and proceed to grab my toothbrush but my hand stops mid-air. There’s two. One for me and one for you.

 

I ignore the pain that’s growing briskly in my heart, I grab the blue toothbrush and spare one more glance at the pink. Looking up to the mirror, I see the girl is still there, but now it’s just her silhouette as my vision starts to blur. Looking down again to your toothbrush, all I see now is a ball of pink invading my vision.

 

Reminds me so much of you.

 

I couldn’t hold the pain in anymore, I break down into a teary mess. Drops after drops of tears roll down shamelessly down my cheeks, hitting the basin. My blue toothbrush long forgotten on the tiled floor. Grabbing a tight hold on each side of the sink, I try to hold on to the remaining strength left for standing.

 

Weak. Your absence left me so weak.

 

Taking extra effort to wash up, I finally able to walk out from the bathroom, but then my body tell me to stop taking another step. I stand there, with my back facing the white door. Looking into the air, I ask no one “What are you doing?” It takes me a few seconds before my tears roll down again. You used to give me a morning kiss after I walked right out from the bathroom; freshly washed. You would pat my bangs and say “Hm~ Freshy Jessi deserves a pinky pecky~” I smile bitterly at the memory, I never understand why you would say ‘pinky pecky’, it’s not like the kiss is pink or what. Maybe it’s just because you love pink too much right? Right. But whatever, it doesn’t matter anymore.

 

I would never receive any pinky pecky from you, ever again.

 

Wiping my tear stained face, I walk towards the kitchen, in hopes to grab something for my stomach. Settling down for two pieces of toast, I go to the counter where the coffee machine sits. I grab the thermal mug besides and situate myself back down on the stool. Not looking at the mug, I peel over the lid, put the rim between my lips, gulp, but there’s nothing but air. Nothing. I frown, as I’m quite agitated when I don’t get my morning caffeine. Before I could process what’s going on, I yell out “Where’s the coffee bab – “ I bite my tongue when I came back to my senses. Finding how stupid I am, I let out a hollow chuckle. You used to tell me because you don’t know when I’m going to wake so you would first make my coffee and put it in the thermal mug, keeping it hot.

 

“Jessi I know how much you hate it when the coffee is not spiking hot.”

 

I think it’s okay to not have coffee. Even if I make myself one, it will not taste the same. Finishing my toasts, I walk to the living room and sit myself on the two-seated couch. Two-seated. How apt. My right arm automatically places itself on the back rim of the sofa. I didn’t notice it at first but then my arm starts to go numb, it’s when I pull back down my once lifted arm and massage it a bit then I notice I put my arm up there.

 

Why would I put it there if it wasn’t going to be comfortable? I had to be used to this position before right? Right. You used to snuggle beside me and said my arm is in the way, so I would always place it at the back rim so you could have the most contact with me. I miss the way you encircle your arms around my waist and you would comment “Jessi you should eat more. You’re too slim.” I would then tease back, “Too slim to your liking?” And you would pout a bit, then pinch the side of my waist and said,

 

“Pabo I love anyway you are.”

 

All those morning episodes I used to have with you flood my senses, it’s like your shadows are at every corner of the house, haunting me, reminding me how lonely I am without your company.

 

The day

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter