Annyeong Vietnam

Lines and Words (Jeti collection)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Flipping through the passport of the emotionless idol, the immigration officer asks,

 

“You’re going to Vietnam?”

 

“Yes.”

 

“Where’s your visa?”

 

“Huh?”

 

The immigration officer holds up and waves the passport, saying

 

“Visa for going to Vietnam. Since you hold a US passport.”

 

“What?? I – I don’t think…”

 

“I’m sorry, if you don’t have the visa, you’ll have to go back home.”

 

Tiffany who’s waiting in the queue right behind senses there’s something wrong with the over-timely process and the constant interaction between Jessica and the officer.

 

She contemplates whether or not to intervene but then seeing the girl tugs away her sunglasses and flips her hair in frustration, she decides to step up towards the fidgeting girl.

 

“W – what’s wrong?”

 

Seeing Tiffany beside her, Jessica relaxes a bit.

 

“I don’t have the visa to Vietnam. So I have to go home.”

 

“What?!”

 

“You heard me pabo. Do you have the visa?”

 

“No…maybe it’s with Jung Su oppa?”

 

“Uh let me call him and check.”

 

“Ppali ppali.”

 

Putting the phone beside her ear, Jessica waits,

 

“Hello? Oppa? Do you have the visa with you?”

 

“Sica? What visa?”

 

“The visa to Vietnam! Fany and I hold the US passport and we NEED a visa to enter.”

 

“Oh that visa. I gave it to you two weeks ago, including Tippany’s…OH MY GOD don’t tell me you girls forgot to bring it!!”

 

“We don’t have them oppa, so what are we going to do now?”

 

“Aish…wait a moment.”

 

“Jessi? What did oppa say?”

 

“He’s holding the line, maybe confirming something…”

 

“Sica?”

 

“I’m here.”

 

“You and Fany are not going to Vietnam now, go back to the 1st floor and wait at exit 10. Chin Ho is coming to pick you girls up.”

 

“I’m sorry oppa, you guys have fun. Bye.”

 

Jessica smiles after hanging up the phone, seeing that Tiffany asks,

 

“So what now Jessi?”

 

“Ho-li-day.”

 

“What?”

 

“Holiday baby.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“We’re going home pabo ah, Chin Ho oppa is coming to pick us up.”

 

“Oh home. Home…holiday? Holiday!! Oh my god Jessi do you think God hear my prayers!!? I’ve been craving a day off with you for god knows how long!”

 

“I know baby, I know.”

 

Tiffany side hugs the smiling brunette and jumps up and down a bit.

 

-x-

 

A white SUV pulls up, the window rolls down and a man who’s chewing a piece of gum grins at the awaiting girls.

 

“Hi oppa.”

“Oppa!”

 

“Hey girls, excited to have a holiday eh?”

 

“Hahaha you’re dead right oppa, a whole day all to ourselves~”

 

“If Sang Hee noona didn’t fly with the other girls, she would definitely squeeze some schedules in between your day off haha…”

 

“Ohhhhh you dare said something behind her back!! I’ll tell her oppa! I’ll tell unnie!”

 

“Shhh lower your voice Ppany! Fans are around! Image! Image!”

 

Tiffany looks around and so does Jessica, they both wave and smile at the fans, earning ear blasting screams and lots of I love yous.

 

“Tiff get in the car, I can’t wait to get back.”

 

Tiffany nods and gets in first, Jessica situates herself beside and closes the door.

 

“Oi you girls wave a bit more! The fans are still looking and I have to call Jung Su first…”

 

“Jessi I’m not able to wave at this side…”

 

“You go in front to oppa’s side, then we can both wave yea?”

 

“Oh right!!”

 

Jessica just beams at her as a reply and then interacts with the fans far over the road.

 

-x-

 

Tiffany resumes to her original seat beside Jessica when Chin Ho speeds off the highway.

 

[Buzz]

 

Jessica looks down to the phone in her hand and the blaring screen signals a message.

 

What shall we do when we get back? :P

 

Dunno, any ideas? :)

 

Jessica texts back and looks out the window,

 

[Buzz]

 

Your fav? ;)

 

Raising an eyebrow, she types back,

 

My fav? :O What’s that?

 

[Buzz]

 

Cuddle cuddle cuddle cuddle cuddle <3

 

Jessica chuckles then replies,

 

I thought it’s YOUR fav? <3

 

[Buzz]

 

OUR faaaav <3 <3 <3

 

Jessica smiles upon receiving the lovely reply, just when she’s going to type back, Chin Ho clears his throat.

 

“Ahem, girls can I ask you something?”

 

Jessica looks up from her phone and Tiffany snaps her head to look at the rear-view mirror meeting their manager’s eyes.

 

“Yea.”

“Sure oppa.”

 

“It’s a question I’ve been keeping for some time…”

 

Both girls feel nervous all of a sudden and decide not to speak and let the manager to continue.

 

“Are you – perhaps you two, you know…together and stuff?”

 

Jessica tenses up at the question, but she does not call as an ice princess for nothing; she keeps her demeanour calm and asks their manager back, hoping to divert the question elsewhere.

 

“What do you mean together oppa? Of course we are together, we are best friends, sisters, band mates.”

 

Chin Ho lets out a dry laugh,

 

“No Sica, I mean like…REALLY together…”

 

This time Tiffany intervenes in hope to help out with the situation,

 

“Oppa I’m dating Nichkhun, remember?”

 

“Tippany I know you are not dating Nichkhun-ssi. Even the company didn’t tell us managers the truthfulness of it, I have eyes you know. That so called dinner date, I see brother and sister rather than boyfriend and girlfriend.”

 

“N – no! Oppa I even confirmed it myself!”

 

“It’s too easy to confirm something in this industry Ppany. I think you know more examples than I do.”

 

Tiffany goes speechless; seeing this, Jessica opens again,

 

“Oppa may I ask why are you prying this out of the blue?”

 

“You two were texting just now mm? The looks on your faces, they betrayed you pabos.”

 

The two girls fall in silence, not knowing what to say anymore. Sensing this, Chin Ho adds,

 

“Sica, to answer your question. I was prying out of concern, concern from a oppa to his dongsaengs; you girls may think that it’s the company who asked me to pry but no, it’s just me, me only.”

 

The atmosphere turn so awkward and the three people inside the car have nowhere to hide. Being the calm and collective one, Jessica said something bold in return,

 

“Oppa I’m sure you’ve heard of something like fair trade…?”

 

There is no way a Snsd manager is dumb, Chin Ho soon catches what’s behind the question – ‘you want to know our secret, give us one of yours’,

 

“You’re right Sica. So you know managers are ADVISED not to have relationships with the celebrities under their management right?”

 

The two girls sitting behind nod their heads.

 

“I – I’m dating one…and you girls know her.”

 

“WHAT?!”

“Oh my god oppa! Who’s that who’s that!!”

 

“You – can text her and confirm it…she just went on board not long ago…”

 

“You mean...”

“Oh my god.”

 

“Ha – It’s – “

 

“Hyo, isn’t it?”

 

Jessica cuts in before their manager can finish his se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter