Caught

The Two Devil's Temptation

"No way I am going on that thing,"  I crossed my arms and stood planted on the ground, not budging one bit. The last time I did I almost lost half of my life.

"Come on, its safe. By the way, its not a thing, it is my baby," he kissed it and pulled me on.

"No! I said I'm not going to risk my life by riding it!" I shrieked as loud as I can, but Seunghyun put his hand on my mouth, muffling my cries.

"Calm down, its just a motorcycle. Just hold onto me as much as you want," he winked, and slipped a helmet over my head.

"You actually enjoy this, don't you?" I asked bitterly.

"It's either walk or this. The bus stops operating pass midnight," he shrugged innocently, and started the engine. He zoomed off into the night, onto the brightly lit Seoul streets.

The night view was beautiful, with the colourful lights on the Christmas trees, and the shops blinking brightly full of colours. Christmas was coming near, in fact, it is exactly next week.

I unconsciously wrapped my arms tightly around Seunghyun's strong waist, and rested my cheek on his back. It felt so comfortable and reassuring, like nothing in the world could hurt me. The chilly breeze felt nice on my face as I admired the night view.

 

I wanted to stay like this forever.

 

Suddenly, I heard Seunghyun turn off his engine and felt him tap on my shoulder lightly. I sighed and hopped off the motorcycle. I wish the ride was longer.

"What, are you disappointed?" Seunghyun joked.

"No, who would enjoy it?" I retorted back, and glared at him. "Anyways, thanks for taking me home. I gotta go now," I gave him back the helmet and waved.
 

"Goodnight, ______" He pecked me on the cheek while I was caught off-guard, and quickly drove into the night. I felt my cheeks heat up as I watched his shadow disappear into the night.

I turned around and was about to go shut the gate door when a shiny black mercedes parked across the street caught my eye. I watched as a dark figure got out of the car, and strode towards me.

As he came closer, the streetlight shone on his face, and my eyes finally adjusted to who he was.

 

Junhyung.