Nichkhun Oppa

The Two Devil's Temptation

It has been a week since I ran out of Junhyung's car crying. Every night I had nightmares of the horrible scene in the car. Junhyung called every day but I ignored his calls and even turned my phone off. I wanted to avoid him, but I didn't know why. There were many questions that were left unanswered in my head, whether Junhyung truly loved me or not, or why my boyfriend me.

All I knew was that I wasn't ready to face him.

I didn't go to school since that night, and my bestfriends kept calling my mansion and visiting, but I just locked myself secluded in my own bedroom. I knew I was selfish, but I didn't bother to care about anything.

I was in my bedroom, lying face down on the large king sized bed. There was a knock on the door, "Miss, would you like to come down to have dinner?" the maid asked. Truthfully, I had no appetite and didn't eat for the whole day now. I just put my pillow over my head and turned away from the door. All I wanted was just peace and silence...

There was another knock on the door, louder this time. I continued to ignore the knocks as I silently cried. The door creaked open and my brother, Nichkhun oppa came in and sat on the side of my bed.

"_______, please come down and eat. Father and I are worried about you," Nichkhun said worriedly.

Hah, lies. My father would never worry about me.

People might not notice, but I am the daughter of the CEO of the SM Entertainment company. My father worked hard for so many years to make his company one of the leading entertainment companies in Korea. The SM Entertainment company has built a great reputation not only in Korea, but also globally. Many people might think how lucky I am, but being the daughter of a rich and famous person is not lucky at all. I lived my life following orders and did what my father wanted me to do. I only wanted to make him happy, and proud of me. It was like a little lost bird trapped in a cage, never to be set free.

I never told my family about what happened, because one, my dad wouldn't care and second, I don't want oppa to worry or take revenge for me. I don't have a mom, and I don't even know what she looks like because she died before I was born. No one talked about her in front of me, and I was too afraid to ask.

Nichkhun oppa is the only person who took care of me, but 6 years ago, my father sent him to America to go study there. He graduated from a very well known high school as the top student, and just came back a year ago. As of right now, he follows my dad around to learn about business because in the future, he will become the next CEO of the company.

When oppa left, it felt like my world became black and white again...because I had no one left. My father hired all sorts of teachers to teach me ballet, painting, piano, violin, and even a tutor to help me with school. Oppa knew how hard it was for me, because he went through the exact same thing, maybe even worse. Oppa secretly took me out to play, and brought snacks for me late at night in case I got hungry.

My father provided me with a gold credit card, so I could have anything I wanted, clothes, money, maids...like anyone's dreams. But he couldn't give me one thing, the only thing I wanted.

Love.

He never came to my school performances, and was never home. Even if he was home, he would just ignore me and stay in his study room. His coldness towards me for 17 years left me wondering what have I done wrong for him to treat me like this. The sad thing was, even the maids in the house were closer to me than my father. He just left me there, alone in the world with a golden credit card to fend for myself.

I felt hands prying on my blanket, trying to pull the blanket off. I pulled away, struggling for the blanket. No, I can't let oppa see me like this.

I lost the battle as oppa took the blanket away from me, seeing me curled up like a ball with my eyes full of tears. He looked shocked.

"_____, what happened? Why are you crying?" he asked frantically. I shook my head and forced a smile.

"Its fine oppa, but I don't want to eat," I said as I looked away. Nichkhun oppa gently took my wrists and lead me to the door.

"Too bad, you didn't eat anything for the whole day. You need something in your stomach," he said as he led me down the long, elegant stairs.

I nodded slightly, and followed oppa into the brightly lit dining room. My father was sitting in the centre, silently putting a piece of steak in his mouth. He didn't even bother to look at me.

My brother led me to the seat across from my father's and I hesitantly sat down. The last time I sat on this seat was 6 years ago, just when my brother left. My father scowled at me and told me to sit somewhere else because he didn't want to lose appetite looking at my face.

There was a plate of untouched food in front of my brother, and I felt guilty when I realized that his plate of food was now cold.

"Maria, please grab another plate of food for ________," Nichkhun politely ordered and smiled at the maid.

"Yes, young master," the maid silently left the room.

"Father, _______ joined us for dinner," Nichkhun smiled and secretly gestured for me to greet him.

"Hello Appa," I said nervously.

"Neh, I don't care if she joins us or not, Nichkhun," my father said then took a sip of red wine. He got out of his seat and walked out of the room. He really hates me now.

"________-ah, don't mind father, he is just in a bad mood today cause of work," Nichkhun assured me, and put a hand over mine. No, he is just in a bad mood because of me.

The maid came back with a plate of food, and I silently ate my food as I thought how much I wanted to die right now.

 

Why is everything like this? My boyfriend, my father, my mother, my bestfriend... why do they all hurt me and make my life so miserable?