Home

Our Song
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Fire! Fire! Everybody wake up!" I rose by the sound of the fire alarm go off. "What's going on, Kyungsoo. Why is there a fire?" Kyungsoo is covered with ash. You could see clean streaks from crying. "No time to explain, just please get out of the building before we can't."

I run to the nearest exit and wake up as many people as I could to go out the door before I do. Luckily no one was harmed but the resturant... but it's all gone. Once I snapped out of what I couldn't believe, I stomp my way to Kyungsoo and grab him by his collar.

"How did this happen?" I never had to talk to Kyungsoo since I met him."I forgot to turn the stove off." He said as he puts his head down in shame. "Kyungsoo, that was all I had left. Now my parents death and SJ Family (the restaurant) must mean nothing to you. I am not going to be the good guy right now. Just go. Now!" He runs off as fast as he could, knowing that my anger is not something to joke about

"Its all gone, isn't it." I ask one of the firemen."I'm sorry. There's nothing left but scraps. The building is going to collapse any minute." I turn around and tears fall no matter how hard I tried to hold them back. My parents handed me the restaurant on their deathbed and I was supposed to make them proud as a chef and a manager of this restaurant. Now all the money and all the hard work, there is nothng to prove it was there. As I try to walk away, my legs fail me.

Before I knew it, the smell of the smoke made me black out.

...

I woke up in the hospital  which seems like morning. I hear SBS news playing at a semi low volume, smelling the very-hygenic smell of rubbing alcohol. I sat up and saw there was an older lady. Probably in her late 30's or so. She was calling someone on her phone, walking around,waiting for me to wake up.

"Excuse me, I think you're at the wrong place." She looks up from her phone with a startled look."You are Kim Ryeowook, aren't you?" Wait, but I don't know her though."Yes but who are you?"

"My name is Choi Ji Woo. I own a high class restaurant and I want you to work for me." This was way to straight forward"Me? Why?" "I heard a lot of things about you and I heard you managed a 5 star restaurant. She wanted me for publicity and money.  "What should I go?" "If you come with me, I will give you somewhere to live with food and many people to talk to. In return, you work at my restaurant."

"And if I don't..." "If you don't, what will you do.?" She was right as much as I didn't want to admit it.

"You aren't the only one I asked before. There are others too. My restaurant is made of chefs all around the world that something had a downspiral, I give them a place to sleep, to eat and drink and people to socialize with. Here's my card and some money. Find an apartment. When you make the right choice,call me." She left. I look at the card: SM Town. That was the only choice I have left. I don't have enough money to start another restaurant.

....

1 week has passed after I was admitted to the hospital. And I was debating if I should call her. Finally I picked up the phone and dialed the number. 3 rings passed before she picked up the phone.  "Ryeowook, you called?" She must've waited for my call."When do I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter