Chapter 5

Substitute Husband

CHAPTER 5

 

It was one day before Luhanarrow-10x10.png single day ended, and being someone’s husband on the next day. At the backyard the guys were held a party for Luhan at Oh’s house. Luckily, their parents gave permission to hold the party, but in one condition they must not sleep late. Being the obedient sons, they agreedarrow-10x10.png. Kris was preparing the barbeque with the help from Lay for them to eat later on, while the twins were in their bedroom prepared themselves before the party start.

 

Sehun was checkingarrow-10x10.png himself on the mirror to see whether he looks okay with the blue ocean t-shirt on his body or not, even though it just a party still Sehun want to look smart as always. Then, Luhan came out from their toilet with the towel that was covering his body. Luhan quickly searched the most exclusive clothes on his wardrobe for today party. While the latter busy searching for the clothes, Sehun just stared at his twin. It’s been a long time they didn’t have a chit chat. If they meet each other it’s very rarely, since both of them busy with the assignments, plus when they was in the age of twenty, Sehun thought they both will go to the same university, but it happened otherwise when Luhan stated to choose another university than being with together.

 

Sehun found that Luhan is not like he used to know, when they both still on the same high school sometimes Luhan always distance himself from Sehun, and Sehun realized that. And when Sehun tried to talk with his twin, Luhan always excused him with plenty excuses, so in the end the twins became like a stranger that didn’t know each other, when actually they’re twins sharingarrow-10x10.png the same womb—sharing the same room, but act like a stranger.  Sehun wondered why Luhan acting like that towards him, but not with other family members. That means, there’s something Luhan kept hiding from him, Sehun thought.

 

Last week, when Sehun got called from his mother, that Luhan announced that he’s going to getarrow-10x10.png married with someone. Sehun can’t help but to shock with sudden news he got. Why he is the last one knows about about Luhan’s going to get married? Why Luhan treating him like a stranger? They’re twins after all, shouldn’t he supposed to be the first one to know about it? Sehun can’t help but to keep thinking the answer. But Sehun can’t answer any of the questions that were lingering in his mind.

 

He thought he’s going to ask Luhan about this, after the party end.

 

“Hey Sehun, can I have your manly fragrance?” Luhan began the talk. To Sehun he felt happy when Luhan was talking with him back.

 

“Sure, you can,” Sehun happily answered while handing it to Luhan.

 

“How are you doing?” Luhan asked more while implying the manly fragrance on his body.

 

“I’m fine as you can see,” Sehun paused for a moment with a smilearrow-10x10.png plastered on his face. “How are you doing Luhanarrow-10x10.png?” Sehun returnedarrow-10x10.png the question.

 

“Same goes to me, plus when I’m going to marry with someone I love so much,” Luhanarrow-10x10.png answered while grooming his hair to make it looks dashing, and Sehun just kept smilingarrow-10x10.png as Luhan replied to his question.

 

“Let’s go?” Luhan stated, and Sehun nodded his head in agreement, and followed Luhan from the back.

 

The party was so hot and crazy as Kris and Lay were dancing like a crazy man after drank about two bottles of soju and got drunk later on. While the twins just laughing at their weirdness behavior brother.

“Hyung, I guess Luhan is the one who’s going to marry someone tomorrow, but why are you acting like you’re going to getarrow-10x10.png married tomorrow,” Sehun stated as he took another sip of the soju. And Luhan laughed by Sehun’s statement.

 

“Aiyyyy, it’s been a long time I didn’t drink happily so much like this, bear with me guys,” The older brother beamed, and Lay nodded in agreement and kept dancing like there’s no tomorrow.

 

As time passedarrow-10x10.png by, the party still not over yet, Kris and Lay still with their crazy dance, while the twins just kept drinking while talking about their childhood memories. That’s when, Sehun suddenly ask about Luhan girlfriend.

 

“Hey Luhan, why are you treating me like we’re stranger,” Sehun directlyarrow-10x10.png asked Luhan about it, since it’s been lingering in his mind for a long time.

 

“Because when we’re kids back then, you’re always breaking my favorite toys, and I was one who’s heartbroken by your actionarrow-10x10.png.” Luhan paused for a moment, while took another sip of the soju. “And, don’t you know by your actionarrow-10x10.png, makes me hate you even more,” Luhan hiccupped by his statement and smile genuinely.

 

Sehun was a taken back by Luhan’s words. He never thought that Luhan really hate him because breaking his favorite toys. It wasn’t Sehun’s fault at all because when he tried to play one of Luhan’s toys, Luhan always didn’t give him any chance to play it. So, Sehun played the toys secretly without Luhan knowing it, but whenever he played Luhan’s toys he will be caught by Luhan and accidently slipped onto the floorarrow-10x10.png because of shock and broke. It wasn’t Sehun’s fault at all, if Luhan did give the permission this won’t happen.

 

“But, it’s the past time, are you still hate me?” Sehun murmured.

 

“Of course I do not hate you for that long. I just frustrated by it when I recalled the memories,” said Luhan.


“But, if you don’t hate me, why you didn’t tell me you’re getting married in the first place? I felt like I was the last one who knows about this marriage,” Sehun confessed while looking at his elder brother and his friend, Lay.  

 

“Of course I do not hate you for that long. I just frustrated by it when I recalled the memories,” And Sehun nodded his head; luckily his twin didn't hate him for that long. But, there's something lingering in his mind right now, about Luhan's girlfriend.

 

"Luhan, there's something I would like to ask you, it has been in my mind for a long time," Sehun began the talk.

 

And Luhan nodded his head, approving that Sehun may ask him anything.

 

"Why aren't you didn't tell me that you're going to get married?"

 

"I did tell you that I'm going to get married though," Luhan replied while staring at his twin.

 

"I mean, why I was the last one know about this? It feels like I'm not important in your life when we're twins," Sehun confessed in a frustrated tone.

 

"It is because I don't want you to see my girlfriend," Sehun rose his eyebrows in a confuse thought.

 

"I mean, if you meet with my girlfriend she might wonder, who are you—why I didn't introduce you to her, plus I didn't tell her that I have twins," The moment when Luhan stated that, Sehun felt like he had been stabbed by many knives.

 

Luhan didn't tell that he has a twin to his girlfriend, why Luhan did that to him? Does his twin still hate him?

 

"But why?" Sehun's voice already shaken, the latter didn't want to hear the truth, because he might not be able to take it anymore the confession he will hear later.

 

Luhan rubbed at the back of his head that's not itchy. "Because my girlfriend might fall in love with you, and I got left by her. Plus when we're kid, we always fought just to get the same thing. In the end, you always got what you want and I won't. That's why I didn't want to introduce my girlfriend to you because she might fall over the heels to you." Luhan confessd the truth and Sehun felt lost by Luhan's words for a while

 

But then, Sehun thought Luhan must not realize what he just said earlier because he's drunk badly. Wait a second—people always said that drunken people always tell the truth and won't remember at all what happened to them the next day later.

 

Sehun stared at Luhan in a deep thought, and Luhan smiled happily while keep drinking like he was in a cloud nine at that time.

 

Sehun didn't reply after that, but try to forget what he had heard earlier.

 

Then, suddenly shooting stars happen at that night. The twins realized, and quickly wish for the good thing will happen to them later on.

 

Later on, Sehun opened his eyes and found his twin was still wishing. The former just let his twin do anything and kept drinking. Finally Luhan opened his eyes and smiled at his twin.

 

Sehun found weird but still return back the smile.

 

"What do you wish will happen to you Sehun?" Luhan asked out of blue.

 

"Why are you asking? I won't tell you because it might be bad luck," Sehun answered back.

 

"Come on, you trust that?" Luhan laughed in a sneer way while drink another cup of soju. 

 

"So what? I'm not gonna tell you my wish," Sehun argued back. He felt offended by his twin's word.

 

"Okay, if you still believe that stupid mitos, do you want to know my wish?" Luhan changed the topic.

 

"I don't think it was a good idea Luhan, it will be bad luck to you," Sehun stated.

 

"I don't believe it, i will tell anyway, my wish is that both of us married on the same day," Luhan confessed, and Sehun covered his ear not wanting to hear it, but Luhan already said it.

 

"You knew that won't happen," Sehun replied back.

 

"That's why I said it just a wish, and I do know that won't happen anyway, you're the one who's scaredy cat as if something might happen to me" Luhan mocked the way Sehun said earlier but just earn a glare from Sehun.

 

Sehun doesn't know what to say but somehow his heart says that it will be bad luck, and now his heart feel uneasy by it. Thinking of it already made him feel sick.

 

Suddenly, Sehun cried out loudly in Luhan's ward not wanting to care the surrounded around him. He want to punch himself right now, if Luhan trust him that it will be bad luck, maybe Luhan already happy with Jaehee right now, and not sleeping in this ward with the IV drip on his hand, and the scar on his hand and head.

 

"Why aren't you believed me, Luhan? Why?" Sehun moved Luhan's body as if waiting for Luhan to reply his question.

 

"If—you believed me this won't happen," Sehun sobbed, and tears kept falling down on his cheeks

 

"Knock, knock" Jaehee entered into the room, and Sehun quickly wiped away his tears that still streamed on his cheeks, and plastering a poker face. But Jaehee saw it already.

 

“Are you okay?” Jaehee asked worriedly. Well, even though they didn’t want anything happen between them. At least they should take care of each other right?

 

But Sehun just give her a cold shoulder and didn’t reply to Jaehee.

 

Jaehee narrowed her eyes, feeling upset by Sehun. This guy really getting on her nerves right now. But Jaehee act like nothing happened.

 

The atmosphere in the room was quiet and awkward. Both of them kept staring at Luhan hoping the latter will open his eyes, but there's none. Then, an idea popped into Sehun's mind.

 

One way to make him feel least guilty with this, by letting Jaehee visit Luhan whenever but in one condition, he won't be visiting together with Jaehee. He doesn't want any strings attached or relationship between them when Luhan was in coma. Because of one promise he had made.

 

He will return Jaehee back to Luhan after the latter conscious. That's his promise.

 

"Jaehee-shii, I have something to tell you," Sehun began the talk, emotionless.

 

Jaehee was shocked with sudden voice that came out of nowhere; she thought it was Luhan's voice. She had been daydream for a while. Imagining Luhan woke up from the coma and said sorry to her for making her worry. But, unfortunately it turned out to Sehun's voice.

 

I thought he doesn’t know to talk, Jaehee said to herself.

 

Of course she will thought it Sehun was Luhan because they're twin. The twin really had many same common. The face, the husky voice and mostly the dark-browned eyes that made Jaehee falls over heel to Luhan. But, of course it won't happen twice to the person who has same face as Luhan, Sehun.

 

Their different just the aura and her heart only dedicated to Luhan. That's all.

 

"Yes, what's it?" Jaehee replied, and wondered what will he says.

 

"You may visit Luhan anytime you want, but," Sehun paused for a moment.

 

"But?"

 

"When I visit Luhan, I don't want you in this room, more to I don't want both of us meet up." Sehun answered and kept staring at his twin.

 

"I'm okay with that, but Sehun-shii, how should I know what time you will be coming to visit Luhan?" Jaehee asked straight forward.

 

"You will be visiting Luhan at noon and evening only. The rest time are my visitting time," Sehun replied back.

 

And Jaehee nodded in agreement as if she can deal with that condition.

 

"We should go to my house right now. The visiting hours was about to end," Sehun stated, while took a glimpse at his twin for the last time before leaving Jaehee alone and went out from the room.

 

Jaehee stared at Luhan and held her boyfriend's hand and pecked it.

 

"Goodbye Luhan honey, I will be visiting you tomorrow, please stay strong," Jaehee spoke in sincere tone and left Luhan. 

 

 

A/N: Hey it's been a million years I didn't update this story right? I'm very sorry because i'm busy with school stuff. Luckily I got holiday for 4 days *throw confetti* I hope I can update more. I will try my best to update it. Don't expect my grammar to be so correct 100% lol. Like I said, I will update when there's only holiday. on school day I will never ever update. So how's the chapter? Comment so I can know your feedback. Don't be ghostie and silent readers TT_TT