Chapter 9

Substitute Husband

Chapter 9

They were on their way to the supermarket nearby their house which is only three blocks away. The silent in the car made it became tension and both of them obviously didn’t talk to each other. Even if they talk to each other it won't lessen the awkward atmosphere but maybe more awkward. 

Sehun was focusing his eyes onto the road and didn’t care the surrounding around him because he’s used to the lonely because back then he lives alone at his home. But now, Jaehee also stay with him in one house but still he won’t care to talk with Jaehee. Because nothing is going to change though and he rather acted coldly with her than being nice and speak with her like nothing happen before.

Whereas Jaehee felt like she could die any soon because she didn’t think she could breathe normally because damn it was so awkward in the car. It wasn’t like she wanted Sehun to spare any words with her. And she wasn’t that introvert at all. She has scrolled over her phone. Opening many webs to entertain her but nothing is interesting for her just now. Right here, she kept staring through the window car finding the streetlight was illuminated on the street as it has been switched on because later on it’s gonna be night.

Suddenly Jaehee thought of the radio and her eyes landed on it. She was wondering if she could switch on it or not. Because suddenly she felt a bit nervous to ask Sehun it wasn’t like she felt shy but more too afraid of him. Well, who knows if she asks casually at Sehun like a sweet couple who never fought or maybe talks like a close friend like nothing has ever happened before?

She might be dead meat. Hello, we’re talking about Oh Sehun over here. He always mad at her for no reason—well maybe because of the sudden marriage but really he’s grown up man already he should think maturely. Plus, shouldn’t she be the one who’s supposed to angry about this? Literally this whole thing made her head spinning so hard. She had to lie to her parents about this but Sehun didn’t try to lessen the problems—he always throws her a cold shoulder so that she won’t talk with him.

Sometimes Jaehee feels like she’s a mannequin already because living in the same roof with Oh Sehun really made her life so lifeless. Although it just the second the day she just stay in the house.

Now here she is still looking at the radio. Alright, she won’t care what’s Sehun gonna say later on. She has to be strong by his sharp tongue that always makes her wanted to kill him sometimes but she still held it strongly in her heart.

“Sehun, can I switch on the radio?” Jaehee asked softly but casually too, and she accidentally talked informally with Oh Sehun.

Omg why you have to be nervous at this moment, Jaehee scolded herself mentally when she aware about her mistake

But, the guy already realized but still concentrates into driving.

Sehun scoffed contemptuously. “Who said that you can talk informally with me Jaehee-shii?”

Jaehee gasped in shocked by Sehun’s mean words and wanted to hide her face in somewhere and then cry out loud. She felt so humiliated although it just in front of him. If they were at the public place she might run away from Sehun and will never go back to him or his house anymore.

The girl went quite later on and didn’t reply to Sehun afraid she might felt ashamed on herself again by Sehun. The latter took a glimpse from the corner in his eye watching Jaehee that was silently staring through the window car

Suddenly Lay’s voice echoed into his mind when they were at hospital earlier.

“Listen here Sehun, you should think this thoroughly. It wasn’t like you like Jaehee anyway. Why you should be afraid of it?”

“Try not to think that you’re her husband but protect her as a girl or as a friend. You’re not a coward man right buddy?” Lay said

Somehow Sehun hates Lay for some reason because when his best friend gives him an advice it will affect his mood and now he felt guilty for being jerk to Jaehee. He knows he’s being too childish about this but he doesn’t want Jaehee feels his kindness even a bit.

Because if he being kind with Jaehee, in the future Luhan may hate him more when Luhan found out that Jaehee and him being close and comfortable with each other.

Suddenly Sehun’s hand switched on the radio without looking at Jaehee that was dumbfounded by his action.

Just ignore the stare Oh Sehun focus on the driving. Sehun mentally scolded himself when he felt the hot gaze from Jaehee that was staring at him directly.

Jaehee smiled a bit by Sehun’s behaviour.

I know he’s not that bad at all. Thanks Sehun-shii. Jaehee thanked him silently in her heart.

 

 

***

 

They were now in front of the mall side by side. Before they was about to walk into the entrance Sehun called her out.

“Jaehee-shii, we go in separately. You buy want you and we meet up again at here.” Sehun said, and Jaehee nodded her head because she agreed with his suggestion. If they walked side by side dang they must be awkward for sure.

“O-Okay Sehun-shii.”

Before she could walk away from, Sehun grasped her left arm. Jaehee turned her head with her rounded eyes on Sehun. She was startled by his action, because Sehun has been acting weirdly ever since he switched on the radio. “Yes?”

“Give me your phone.” Sehun demanded and Jaehee promptly searched her phone in her handbag and passed it to Sehun. Less than one minute Sehun gave back to her and walked away from her without saying anything.

Jaehee looked back into her phone there’s number written on the keyboard number and the former assumed its Sehun’s number and it got saved as Oh Sehun but Jaehee quickly changed it to Mr Cold-Shoulder and giggled on it.

She doesn't know why, but she found it funny to her.

 

***

Sehun was walking over the frozen food section, quickly he picked random food canned since he’s not that well with the kitchen, he prefer to cook it quickly so that he can eat afterwards. After picked a lot food canned, he pushed the trolley to the other area.

Whilst Jaehee went to meat section, she was searching for the ingredients to make some decent food she can eat at Sehun’s house. Her mother always nags her to learn to cook and now she’s used to cook with it now. Plus her mother always reminds her if she wanted to be someone’s wife—she has to know how to cook so, that her future husband will love her more.

But the thing is she thought she’s gonna cook for Luhan in the future but instead she might cook for Sehun. If Sehun will eat her food she will cook later.

Oh, now she’s being emotional when she suddenly remembered about Luhan’s state at hospital. Swiftly, Jaehee swept the sad thought away from her mind.

This isn’t the right time to be sad Jaehee. Jaehee reminded to herself. And promptly keep walking towards the meat section

Actually, she won’t care if Sehun didn’t want to eat her cook later because why she must be bothered right? After all she used her own money. But, if Sehun still want a bit from her food she won’t mind sharing it.

Again she's being weird. Is she trying to befriend with him?

 

***

 

After about an hour, luckily both of them didn’t meet in any section by accidentally although they came together earlier. If they did it will be super uncomfortable to act like they never met each other. But thank god, they didn’t meet although they were shopping in the same supermarket.

Jaehee was carrying four bags that full with the ingredients. Earlier Jaehee messaged Sehun asking where the guy was just now as she has informed him that she’s done. Now, she received a new message from Sehun.

From: Mr Cold-Shoulder

I’m still in the supermarket. Just wait at the outside . I will message when I’m done .

Even the message sounds so emotionless to her.

Jaehee huffed slowly, she saw a bench near the supermarket without any second she was already there and put the bags aside her. Leisurely she was sitting on the bench. At least she can lessen the pain on her feet when she walked around the supermarket over one hour a while ago.

While waiting for Sehun’s arrival, she was scrolling her phone expecting any messages from her friend. But there's none. Suddenly someone called her name. 

“Jaehee-shii.”

Jaehee lifted her head and her eyes turned rounded.

“Never thought we’re gonna meet here?” Junmyeon said amusedly and Jaehee cracked into a small smile.

“Nice meeting you again Junmyeon-shii.” Jaehee bowed a little. Well, she securely hid her shocked feelings at that moment. Why Junmyeon has to meet her at this supermarket? Is he living nearby? Wait this wasn’t important right now, because Sehun might be here sooner and she doesn’t want to create a situation which the three of them awkward.

“Haha, can we talk informally Jaehee?” Junmyeon asked slowly with a pure smile on his face. Really Jaehee felt like Junmyeon’s face suddenly lightened up which made him look like an angel.

“Uh, sure Junmyeon.”

“I met Sehun earlier; do you by any chance waiting for him?” Junmyeon spoke bluntly, but Jaehee controlled her face from showing her shocked expression.

Gosh how come he met Sehun when I didn’t?

 “No, I was just sitting here for a while. Why should I though?” Jaehee responded.

“Well, Sehun lives nearby here too right? I thought you guys live together.” Junmyeon said more.

“Erm, actually we don’t lives together but we happened to be in the same neighbourhood.” Jaehee made another lie to Junmyeon.

Is he a mind-reader? Because he seemed to know that I live with Sehun.

“Oh is that so? So, is that means I can walk you home after this? Since University is around here too.” Junmyeon straight-forwardly said without thinking of Jaehee’s face that already turned to crimson red due to his sudden confession.

“I insist you shouldn’t do that.” Jaehee rejected his offer with an apologetic, because if she accept it. Junmyeon might know that Sehun and her live together and she will be dead meat by Sehun.

Jaehee’s phone buzzed on her left hand. Quickly Jaehee opened her phone after excused herself from Junmyeon. She got a message from Sehun.

From: Mr Cold-Shoulder.

Meet me at McDonald . Seems like you got a company .

Jaehee’s heart suddenly beating loudly and her eyes suddenly wandered around the supermarket and she spotted Sehun was watching her from a far along with the plastic bags on his left hand. Her eyes turned rounded.

Did Sehun have been watching her earlier?

Jaehee still looking at Sehun’s face that was emotionless before the guy walked away.

“Is there something wrong Jaehee?” Junmyeon asked in a concern tone. Jaehee came back to reality and now her focus is on Junmyeon that was standing in front of her.

Fortunately Junmyeon didn’t turn his head or he also might see Sehun from here and maybe questioning her more why Sehun was staring at her and what’s he doing over there. Thank God.

“Nothing, it’s just the message from my mom. She was asking where I was.” Jaehee made an excuse.

“Oh O-Okay, so we will see tomorrow?” Jaehee nodded her lightly. With that both of them bid goodbye to each other. Before Jaehee could go to the McDonald she make sure that Junmyeon already disappear from her sight first so that she can move leisurely without feeling Junmyeon watching her.

 

Jaehee went to the McDonald Sehun ordered her earlier. It took her 5 minutes to search the place and luckily there are some nice people willingly to show the way.

In front of the entrance, Jaehee could see Sehun was sitting alone at the two-table which at the end of the row while holding his phone probably scrolling something on the phone.

She went into the restaurant and walked towards Sehun, the guy realized her presence and gestured his head asking her to sit in front of him.

Jaehee sit across the guy and waited for the guy to say something. But nothing came out from his mouth and Jaehee sighed heavily before starting the conversation.

Tired with the cold shoulder Sehun gave to her.

“Have you ordered Sehun-shii?”

No response.

“I assumed you didn’t order yet. What do you want to eat?”

“Anything.” Sehun briefly replied. Jaehee rolled her eyes annoyingly.

Be patience Jaehee, calm down.

“Alright, if you say so I will order what I want, don’t mad at me if you didn’t get what you want.”

“W-Wait, I want Mc Flurry too.” Sehun said quietly as he let out some of his money.

Oh, we’re gonna pay separately.

Jaehee walked towards to the counter to order their food. As time passed by, Jaehee came back while holding a tray that full with their food. Sehun still remained quite as Jaehee arrived back. The girl was trying maybe to make a conversation with Sehun as she passing the food towards Sehun. But, it didn’t work. She was hoping at least Sehun will thank her for buying the food.

But as expected Sehun didn’t say anything but quietly unwrapped the burger’s paper and munching the food slowly while his eyes wandered outside of the restaurant. He’s avoiding meeting her eyes for sure.

I’m hopeless, Jaehee thought to herself.

Well, what’s she expecting? Expecting Sehun will talk to her normally after the incident Jaehee accidentally talked casually with Sehun in his car or when the guy saw her talking with Junmyeon outside the supermarket?

While Jaehee was spacing out on herself about Sehun, hoping the guy will talk to her.

Suddenly her wish came true when Sehun spoke to her.

“Jaehee-shii, I don’t want anyone to find out about our relationship in the campus.” Sehun said firmly.

“L-Look earlier, Junmyeon didn’t kno—“

“I don’t care about that guy; I hope we won’t get caught by him or anyone in this public place.”

Jaehee suddenly felt so sad by Sehun’s words. It wasn’t like Sehun said harshly to her. But the words affected her so much deep in her heart.

She doesn’t know why, but quickly she hid the sadness feeling in her heart, and nodded her head lightly.

Why I should be sad? He isn’t Luhan, Jaehee. Don’t you realize? Jaehee scolded herself mentally.

The dinner time ended awkwardly and both of them went back to Sehun’s house and surely they didn’t exchange any words in the car as they are keep doing their thing on their own.

 

***

As they arrived in front of Sehun’s house, quickly Sehun unlocked the door letting both of them into the house.

Both of them headed to the kitchen to keep the things they bought in the cabinet and refrigerator. Before they go to their own room, Sehun stopped Jaehee’s movement.

“Jaehee-shii, you can cook or use the kitchen and doing the house chores.”

Thank Goodness, I thought he won’t let me.

“But, don’t touch my other things in the house; especially don’t ever enter my room.” Sehun sternly said. With that the guy went into his room.

 

“Ugh, that guy, who wants to enter in his room? I don’t even want it especially if it’s your room! Gosh, this guy is getting on my nerves.” Jaehee said angrily after Sehun left the kitchen, and she fanned herself that was getting fed up with Sehun’s attitude.

Jaehee went into her room and took a bath quickly. After 15 minutes later, the girl went out from the bathroom and wore her sleeping attire. Leisurely, she laid herself on the bed while thinking of Sehun’s words earlier at the kitchen.

She was super annoyed by Sehun. Did Sehun think he’s that cool enough to act jerk with her? She’s also human being, have feelings; angry, happy or upset. She isn’t a robot. Sehun should stop treating her like this.

“Ugh, thinking of him really makes me so pissed off. I should get some nice sleep right now.” Jaehee mumbled on herself and quickly tucked on herself and drifted to dreamland.

 



 

Hey guys! Sorry it took long time. I was busy this week since my auntie is staying at my house and I don't have much time to write. although i know this is just a short update. /sighs/

So, comment will be appreaciated? Since I love comments! Even "Update soon author-nim" will make my day. bc i know you guys are exist. lol don't feel offended by it okay?

Oh to answer the question: 

basilisk : well actually back then my grammar is sooooo bad and same goes to my story plot. I was kid back then when i was writing this story lmao. But im big enough right now. Thanks for the kind words :) Im so touched really 

rieru_mashiro :because you deserved it! You always comment in every chapter although im such an when it comes to update this story and still you left the comment I felt touched T_T you don't know im almost fed up when i don't get any great feedbacks.well bc im such a bad author didn't update this story almost one year hahahahaha. Well, let's see how's sehun gonna treat her in the future? /smirks/ 

Well I know most of you guys don't actually read the author's note but i don't mind. Well I don't want to force people just to comment on my story. A very no no. But im glad i got a lot subscribers thanks you guys *throws confetti* 

Have you guys listened to Sing For You by exo?! damn it was so great and im being emotional almost 2 days lmao. and Girl x Friend song is so soothing and im inlove with all the exo members again. 

Yesterday OH SEHUN AND PARK CHANYEOL DO LIVE V APP. I SLEPT LATE LAST NIGHT BC OF THEM. GOSH HAHAHA. 

Oh Can you guys vote? I made poll. Pls! I will be thankful if you guys vote on it 

 

 

Your browser does not support iframes.

">http://