Chapter 8

Substitute Husband

Chapter 8

Lay just came out from his class when it just ended a while ago. It was around 12 p.m. and the sun is so blazing today made him more exhausted after hours in the class. The latter pulled out his hand phone from his left pocket and quickly dialled up Sehun’s number. When it got connected by the other party Lay quickly greeted Sehun.

“Buddy where are you?”

“I just finished my class and I think that I want to pay a visit of Luhan.” Sehun said in a bored tone.

“Can I come along too?”

“Yeah, let’s meet at car park. I’m waiting there Lay.”

With that Sehun ended the call and went straight to his car quickly afraid that Lay might be there earlier than him.

 

Those two guys finally arrived hospital, Lay told Sehun that he wanted to buy a coffee to refresh sleepy mood and Sehun requested Lay to buy for him as well while he went to Luhan’s ward. When Sehun reached at Luhan’s ward, carefully he walked into the room and closely to Luhan and a sigh escaped between his lips.

Luhan remained still on the bed, breathing soothingly as if he was a sleepy prince charming waiting for someone to wake him up. But the truth is hurt, Luhan is not in deep slumber but he’s in coma which gonna take weeks or maybe months to conscious back or maybe it will take years.

Sehun took the chair near Luhan and held his twins’ right hand holding it tightly.

“Do you still remember Luhan, when we were kids back then we go to family vacation at Jeju Island.” Sehun chuckled when he reminisce the memories.

**

 

Two kids were running happily on the beach as soon as they arrived there. They felt like they had conquered the beach for themselves. Throwing the slippers that were covering their feet to other side— only to feel the warm sand on their feet, their parents’ chuckled by their cute behaviour.

“Luhan, Sehun be careful!” Mrs Oh hollered from a far since those two kids already near at the edge of the beach which will lead them to the seashore.

Luhan happily jumped into the water and splashing the water to everywhere but then, he felt Sehun’s presence isn’t there. Quickly he turned his head only to see Sehun being a statue at the seashore not wanting to go into the water.

Luhan went towards to his twins and nudged his twins’ shoulder with his hand.

“Why you don’t want to go into the water Sehun?”

But Sehun remained still, and his eyes on the sea. Deep inside his heart he wanted to be in the water but he felt so insecure because he was afraid that he might drown and no one gonna save him.

“Don’t stare at the water like you’re going kill it at this moment.” Luhan added more. But more into sarcasm tone.

Sehun flinched by Luhan’s sarcasm. “I’m scared Luhan, I don’t know what’s in the water although it’s transparent I’m afraid.” Sehun said honestly.

Luhan chuckled by his twins behaviour while shook his head playfully. Sehun find it very offensive and glared at Luhan. “I’m sorry it just you’re so cute Sehun-ah. There’s nothing to be scared though. You could clearly see that the water is transparent and I’m also fine while playing into the water.”

Luhan said while holding his laughter. But Sehun pouted sadly while his eyes still on the water.

“Look Sehun, I’m here with you through thick and thin. I’m gonna always be by your side.” Luhan assured softly with a smile on his face. And Sehun feel so safe by Luhan’s words and followed his twins into the sea.

 

**
 

The smiled on Luhan’s face made Sehun shed in tears. He’s not that strong when he recalled back the memories.

“Luhan, I’m not by your side when you got into an accident I’m sorry Luhan.” Sehun sobs loudly not wanting to care around him.

“I’m such a bad twins who married your girlfriend, I’m re—ally sorry Lu—Han.” Sehun’s body was racked with sobbed when his eyes that were b with tears still didn’t stop.

While Sehun was sobbing loudly, Lay arrived into the room. He was shocked seeing Sehun that was so fragile at that moment and quickly went into that guy and hugged him from behind while gestured his hand on Sehun’s shoulder.

“Sehun-ah, stop crying it wasn’t your fault okay. It’s already fate that God had planned.” Lay softly said, but Sehun didn’t reply but kept crying endlessly. How come he can’t blame this on himself? Because practically it’s his fault when he didn’t prevent Luhan from saying what Luhan’s wish is when Luhan wanted to get married on the same day.

“No, it’s my fault.”

“For Goodness sake, Oh Sehun can’t you stop blaming yourself?!” Lay has reached his limit.

He doesn’t want Sehun felt guilty and putting the blame on himself. He felt so sad seeing Sehun’s behaviour like this. This isn’t Sehun that he used to know. He wants Sehun back to himself back again being the cheerful person that can made other’s people mood turned to happy.

But ever since Luhan got into accident, Sehun stressed out and always wandering into the thoughts which Lay didn’t know. Of course Lay couldn’t blame Luhan because got into accident.

The thing is right now, Sehun’s family that’s his second family too is already changing the day after Luhan’s accident. Mr Oh obviously throw a cold shoulder at Sehun because causing the fuss and marrying Luhan’s girlfriend. While Mrs Oh and Kris, he didn’t know. He didn’t contact them at all because he was busy with university’s life. But he knows that Sehun’s mother and brother won’t hate Sehun because they knew it wasn’t Sehun’s fault at all.

Maybe he will catch up with them later on.  After the family is calm after a week and hopefully things gonna change after that.

 



 

Jaehee finally arrived at Sehun’s house. Quickly slid down her hand into her handbag fishing the house key and opened the door. Jaehee was hoping that Sehun’s already at home but unfortunately Sehun isn’t there. But still Jaehee felt thankful though if the guy still didn’t come back because she won’t be awkward later on.

Jaehee went into her room and jumped onto the bed while letting out a heavy sigh from . She’s extremely exhausted right now and she wanted to take a nap for a while but then her phone suddenly ringing loudly showed that someone is calling her.

At first she doesn’t want to pick up because she was super tired but she’s getting fed up when the caller didn’t decide to give. Lazily she picked the call and she heard her friend was shrieking at her.  Jaehee has to pull back the phone from her ear to prevent damage hearing later on.

“Yah Kim Minah! Do you want your friend turn to deaf people today?!” Jaehee scolded out at her best friend. But only the laughter can be heard from the other line.

“I’m sorry, it’s been a long time I didn’t tease you.”

“Okay, shoot what do you want?” Jaehee straightforwardly asked.

“Let’s grab some lunch?” Jaehee stared at the clock at the bed stand before hummed to her friend that she’s going to join her and ended the call. Quickly stood up from her bed and went out from the house after locking the door securely.

 



 

Lay patted Sehun’s shoulder softly, continuing to calm him to stop crying and kept blaming himself. After Sehun has calmed Lay passed the coffee he had bought earlier to Sehun.

 “Thanks Lay.” Sehun flatly said and Lay just hummed in returned.

Suddenly Lay remembered about Suho whose he just met today. He wanted to tell Sehun about this Suho guy.  “Sehun, do you by any chance know Junmyeon or Suho?” Lay queried

But Sehun only quirked his eyebrows by Lay’s out of blue question before shook his head. Sehun never knew about this Suho guy. Why Lay out of blue ask a stranger’s name to him? Sehun wordlessly thought.

Lay was shocked by Sehun’s answer but still his face remained cool not wanting to show his astounded reaction. “Oh, because earlier at University I met this guy along with Jaehee. You know this Suho guy seemed to know about you a lot when we talked about you.”

Hearing Jaehee’s name slipped between Lay’s lips Sehun suddenly not in mood but he kept listening to Lay’s story though he found not interesting him at all.

Well, when Lay said that there’s a guy named Suho that studied at the same university with them knows him a lot it won’t be weird because the students at his university which he didn’t interaction at all—know about him a lot because of his act that always cheerful but suddenly when he married to Jaehee which people didn’t know too made him became cold towards people or more to like being alone as always.

“It’s not a new thing that stranger knows me; you already know I’m quite famous at University.” Sehun said with a haughty look on his face. But Lay just scoffed at him.

“And the cocky Sehun is back.” Was all Lay could say which led Sehun to crack a smile.

“You know, when Suho was surprised that Jaehee has a thing with you. You want to know what Jaehee reply back.”

Sehun remained silent. Did Jaehee tell Suho that they’re married?

“Jaehee said that she and you are cousin.” Sehun was shocked by that. He doesn’t know what he feels at that moment. Did he feel sad that Jaehee didn’t tell the truth?

Well, maybe he was about to feel slight hurt by that but quickly Sehun vanished the hurt feeling.

Jaehee and you after all are stranger to each other. She did the right thing though. Why you must feel sad about this Oh Sehun? Sehun said in his mind.

Suddenly Lay butted into his own world. “You know what Sehun, you should treat Jaehee better.” Sehun just kept staring to Luhan without spare any words to Lay.

“You do know that I’m no—“

“Oh Sehun, you’re afraid of Luhan because you think he might underestimate you for taking his belonging.” Lay said but almost burst out his anger towards Sehun but he doesn’t want to be a temper person and make the situation become worst.

“Listen here Sehun, you should think this thoroughly. It wasn’t like you like Jaehee anyway. Why you should be afraid of it?”

“Try not to think that you’re her husband but protect her as a girl or as a friend. You’re not a coward man right buddy?” Lay said

Sehun sighed softly. He doesn’t have any words to say for now.

“I will think of it.” Sehun sighed in defeated.

“Good, now let’s go home it’s almost in the evening.” Sehun nodded his head in agreement because he’s already tired and wanted to rest. With that both of them leave the ward.

 




 

In evening the weather quitter windy and comfortable and Jaehee was lying on the bed leisurely. After she grabbed a lunch with Minah a while ago they talked random things about their life. Luckily Minah didn’t ask a lot about her husband or she might be panicked to answer any of the questions that will come out from her friend’s mouth.

The lunch ended gracefully when the food was so delicious and made Jaehee remind of the food more. Well, practically she’s hungry again although she already had lunch but still it’s gonna be dinner time and she’s so freaking hungry and must eat but yet Sehun didn’t appear.  

She hopes Sehun did buy those groceries like he promised yesterday or maybe at least buy some food from the restaurant to make her feel alive a bit more in the night.

Is this guy still alive or what? Jaehee wordlessly thought while looking up to the ceiling that’s so simple because printed by the soft blue with white colour making the atmosphere seems nice in the room.

Suddenly Jaehee heard the noise from the outside quickly she went out from the room. At the same time Sehun just got into the home. He was shocked seeing Jaehee but quickly hid his reaction as she was coming out from her room as his house isn’t that big or that small. It’s just average which made the Jaehee’s room connected to the living room so near to the door as well.

Quickly Sehun ignored her presence and focusing to remove the sneaker on his feet. At first he completely ignored her. But then, although Sehun knew that Jaehee was still there he could feel the hot stare from her.  Sehun lifted up his head with a clueless and blank face plastered on her.

“What do you want?” Sehun asked flatly with a cold tone in his voice.

“Uhm, I thought you’re going to buy the grocery.” Jaehee mumbled slowly but enough for Sehun to hear it.

Snap! Why did I forget to buy it? Forgetful Oh Sehun! Sehun scolded himself in mentally.

“Get yourself ready we’re going to the market.” Sehun spoke coldly and Jaehee didn’t objected anything and quickly prepare herself. 

 



A/N: 2.2k I hope it's long enough? ^^ Well Im glad there are more subscribers and thanks a lot to rieru_mashiro for the kind words. I feel so touched! you always comment in every chapter :) and I feel thankful to the others as well bc you guys subscribed to this story. Well Do give me feedbacks? I wont force though but Im getting more motivated to write story when you guys comment!  Well I do really want to write more but Im not the great author to write such a long story lmao. But yeah i tried at leat? If you guys didn't understand this chapter do tell me! bc i didn't check the grammar yet.