Chapter 4

Substitute Husband

 

Chapter 4

 

Sehun went to downstairs and straight to kitchen section as his stomach already growling since he didn’t eat breakfast yet last night he didn’t have any dinner. As Sehun stepped into the kitchen floors, he saw his brother and Jaehee was chatting happily, try not to bother with it he went to his mother that was washing dishes at the kitchen-sink.

 

“Mom,” Sehun called out his mother.

 

“Oh, honey, already woke up?” His mother said while closing the pipe and wiped her hands with clean clothes.

 

“Hmm,” Sehun replied with a hum.

 

“Go have some breakfast,” Mrs. Oh gestured.

 

“Panca—“Mrs. Oh cut her son’s talk first.

 

“Yes, I already made it. It’s on the dining table,” Mrs. Oh smiled as she knew that is Sehun’s favorite breakfast in the morning and Sehun went to the dining table to have his breakfast.

 

While Jaehee took a glimpse on Sehun on the corner of her eyes and she really didn’t know why she did that, maybe because of Sehun’s face that same with Luhan? Speaking about Luhan, Jaehee thought she wants to pay a visit. Although, the doctor that treats Luhan already said to them Luhan’s opportunity to wake up really less, since he got shocked from this accident until coma, Jaehee still didn’t mind because she will forever waiting for Luhan until he wake up from the coma. Plus, Sehun already promised yesterday that when Luhan already wake up from the coma he will divorce her.

 

So, Jaehee thought maybe she should have not mad with Sehun about this marriage since he also didn’t want this to happen right? Because seeing Sehun expressed his talked last night he really loved Luhan so much until wants to replace Luhan’s place if he could. If Jaehee in Sehun’s shoe maybe she will think twice, and plus Jaehee really confident that there’s no chance for her or Sehun to fall in love each other since both of them didn’t know each other and Jaehee will never change her love. Then, suddenly Sehun’s voice echoed at the dining table.

 

“Mom, I want to go back to my apartment today,” Sehun said monotonous while chewing his pancake.

 

“Sehun don’t you think you’re too early to go back to your house?” asked Kris that already frowned with Sehun's statement.

 

“Nope, I don’t think so,” Sehun denied without looking at his eldest brother, and Kris shrugged his shoulders because he knew Sehun doesn’t want to stay so long in this house at all.

 

“Mom,” Sehun called out his mother.

 

“Oh, what’s it again?” Mrs. Oh asked as she feels she’s out of the line.

 

“I want to go back to my house,” Sehun told in annoyed tone.

 

“Sure, you can, but you must bring Jaehee too,” Mrs. Oh said out of blue. She doesn’t know why she said that and Jaehee already speechless with sudden ordered by her mother in-law while Kris stared at his mother weirdly.  Something wrong with mother today, Kris thought in his mind.

 

“Mom, you knew our marriage is not like other normal newlywed,” Sehun huffed with his mother's ordered.

 

“If you don’t want to hear my order then, don’t you ever hope that you can go back to your house,” Mrs. Oh said in a strict tone.

 

“Mom, are you threatened me right now?” Sehun said in an unsatisfied tone.

 

“Yeah, sort of,” Mrs. Oh replied calmly.

 

“Mom, I will go back to my house without Jaehee today plus Jaehee won’t be uncomfortable with me,” Sehun uttered louldy, enough for Jaehee to hear it.

 

“Then, fine. If you want to go back without Jaehee I will change your study to here.” Mrs. Oh said, and walked away. Sehun looked disbelief at his mom. Before his mom went away Sehun stopped his mother.

 

How his mother could do this to him? Is his mother out of her mind? His mother knew that he disapproved this marriage yet his mother still want him to stay in one rooftop with Jaehee? If his mother expecting something will happen between him and Jaehee, it won’t happen, and never! If he didn’t listen to his mother, his mother will change his study at here? No way! Sehun shook his head disapproval in mentally.

 

“Fine, in one condition,” Sehun cursed under his breath before continue his talk.

 

“Sure, what’s it?” asked Mrs. Oh.

 

“Jaehee and I will not share in the same room,” Sehun stood up, and went to the kitchen-sink, walked upstairs while Mrs. Oh shook her head with her son having a stubborn nature.

 

“Jaehee, you should pack up your things right now,” Mrs. Oh said to her daughter in-law. She know this may be sounds rude making Jaehee and Sehun staying together, but she has reason why she did this. Hope her reason really reasonable making Sehun and Jaehee stay together. Hopefully, Mrs. Oh thought.

 

Mrs. Oh was watching television at the living room then suddenly Kris came out from nowhere sitting beside his mom. Mrs. Oh didn’t bother with her son’s presence and kept watching the television. Kris doesn’t know whether he should ask his mother or not about this but his mind kept wondering the answer so, he decided to ask.

 

“Mom,” called Kris.

 

“Yes, honey?” Mrs. Oh replied while her eyes on the television screen.

 

“Why did you want Sehun and Jaehee stay together yet you know they’re not like other newlywed?” Kris pointed out since that’s already been lingering in his mind at the kitchen a while ago.

 

“It’s because you know, Jaehee supposed to stay with Sehun even though they’re not like other newlywed and if they don’t the Kim’s will wondering why is their daughter not staying with Luhan.” Mrs. Oh uttered slowly.  

 

“But—“Kris was about to reply.

 

“Kris, once the man vowed that he will take care of the woman and the woman’s family trust him, he must do it. Even Sehun didn’t want to do it he must while Luhan was in coma.” Mrs. Oh cut her son talks because she didn’t want to talk about this topic so much.

 

“Ermm, okay. You’re right,” Kris conceded while nodding his head because what his mother said was true. At least Sehun should be responsible about this marriage too and take care of Jaehee while Luhan was in coma. But the thing is Sehun doesn’t want to be responsible about it because… Kris sighed heavily.

 

Jaehee was packing her stuffs in her room, even though her things are not that much. Today she will move in Sehun’s place. Jaehee observed her things carefully before let out a heavy sigh from . Why she must live with Sehun? Can’t she just live here? It’s going to be really awkward if they stay in one rooftop. Jaehee thought. Then, the door suddenly opened, revealing her mother in-law that was smiling at her while entered into her room. Jaehee returned back with warmth smiled.

 

“Mother, do you need anything?” Jaehee asked while diverted her things to let her mother in-law sit beside her.

 

“Nothing, I come to pass by only,” Mrs. Oh replied and Jaehee nodded her head and kept packing her stuffs but then, Mrs. Oh held her hand and hold tightly.

 

“Mother, is there something bothering you?” Jaehee asked in a concern tone. She worried what if her mother fall sick because of Luhan that got into accident? She really missed Luhan at this moment. Jaehee said to herself.

 

“Honey, I know you feel uncomfortable with my sudden ordered right?” Mrs. Oh spoke and Jaehee remembered the conversation between Sehun and Mrs. Oh. About that… She really uncomfortable about it but there must be a reason right why her mother in-law did that?

 

“…” Jaehee stood silently. Not wanting to answer the question.

 

“I’m sorry if you’re angry with me about this. But there’s reason why I did this,” Mrs. Oh confessed while staring at Jaehee.

 

“What’s the reason mother?” Jaehee questioned.

 

“It is because, when the time Sehun vowed to your father that he will take care of you, he must keep the promise. Even at that time your father thought that was Luhan, Sehun should take care of you while Luhan was in coma,” Mrs. Oh stated while Jaehee didn’t give any respond about it. That was not a reasonable at all? Jaehee thought.

 

“Oh,” Jaehee doesn’t have any words to say about it but just ‘oh’.

 

“Anyway, in which university did you went?” Mrs. Oh changed the topic try not to be in awkward situation.

 

"Korea National University of Arts, same with Luhan,” Jaehee answered.

 

“Oh, so, that means you’re not in the same university with Sehun, Sehun study at Seoul National University and the apartment he stayed near to his university,” Mrs. Oh uttered between her lips.

 

“What?” Jaehee shouted a little bit until shocked her mother in-law.

 

“What’s wrong honey?” Mrs. Oh blurted feeling dumbfounded by her daughter in-law attitude.

 

“My university is so far from Sehun’s place then it will be hard for me, mother.” Jaehee mumbled quietly.

 

 “Really? Hmmm,” Mrs. Oh put her right hand on her chin. Try to think wisely.

 

“How about I stay here? Plus my university near here and it will be easier for me,” Jaehee suggested and at the same time she tried to avoid from staying with Sehun and hoping that her mother in-law will accept her suggestion.

 

“Erm, that was a good idea,” Mrs. Oh said and a smile brightened on Jaehee’s face, hopefully her mother in-law will change her mind and let her stay here.

 

“But, how about you change your study at Seoul National University instead? It will be easier for you to go from home to university,” Mrs. Oh said and Jaehee’s jaw dropped in mentally. Argh, her plan already failed. Whether she likes it or not she will live at Sehun’s place soon, her mother in-law won’t change her mind about it. Jaehee sighed heavily. She really needs to change her study at Seoul National University to make things easier.

 

“Erm,”Jaehee replied slowly.

 

“Honey, I go out first okay? I need to cook right now,” Mrs. Oh stood up from her seat and walked away from Jaehee’s room.

 

 

The weather was balmy in the evening and Sehun was getting ready to go back to his apartment. He doesn’t want to be so long because he has class tomorrow and at the same time he wants to avoid his father. He thought his father doesn’t want to see him because still mad about the marriage and it’s proved when his father still didn’t get back from the office, usually in the evening his father already at home. Sehun doesn’t want to be the reason why his father doesn’t want to go back home. It’s better if he went back to his apartment. That’s better. Sehun thought.

 

While Jaehee quickly prepared herself because she doesn’t want to get left by Sehun, who knows what if Sehun doesn’t want to bring her along because of what had happened yesterday plus this morning Sehun give her a cold treatment, Jaehee thought.

 

Wait a second, why she must felt scare if Sehun left her? That would be good too because she doesn’t need to stay with Sehun. Jaehee said to herself and hit her forehead psychically.

 

“Why are you hitting your forehead dongsaeng?” asked Kris out from nowhere, and then, leaned against the door.

 

“Ahh!” Jaehee screamed loudly, and sat on the floors.

 

“Are you okay dongsaeng?” Kris asked worriedly, and went to Jaehee.

 

“Gee, you shocked me Oppa,” Jaehee exclaimed, and then, slowly patted her chest.

 

“Haha, I’m sorry.” Kris chuckled with Jaehee’s behavior. What a cute sister in-law, Kris said to himself.

 

“What do you want Oppa?” Jaehee asked while brushed the dirt on her clothes.

 

“Nothing but I guess you need someone’s help to bring your bags to downstairs. It’s time to go, Sehun already done,” Kris uttered, and walked to the bags.

 

“Yeah, I guess so,” Jaehee grinned, and walked out from the room with Kris beside her that bring her bags.

 

 

 

Kris and Jaehee walked to living room as Mrs. Oh and Sehun was waiting for them at there. Jaehee feels she wanted to run away from here if she can, but the thing is she can’t. She has to accept the fact that she will be staying with Oh Sehun. Then, there’s a voice echoed in her mind.

 

 Jaehee it won’t hurt if you stay with Sehun plus, you said you will forever wait for Luhan. So, there’s nothing to be worried about. Yes, I should not be scared with it, Jaehee said to herself. Then, another voice echoed in her mind, ‘What if you both fall in love together? What will happen to Luhan then?’ Jaehee shook her head in mentally situation because scare with what will happen if it’s real? Then, Kris poked her arm make her came back to reality.

 

“Are you okay dongsaeng?” asked Kris in a concern tone.

 

“Err—I’m fine,” Jaehee denied quickly.

 

“Are you sure? Your face look very pale,” Kris pointed out. Then, Jaehee quickly covered her face.

 

“Yes, I’m very sure. Maybe, I wear the compact powder too much?” Jaehee lied. Try not to be caught by her brother in-law.

 

“Hmmm, okay.” said Kris hesitantly. Even though he doesn’t want to believe it, maybe it’s true.

 

 

 

“Sehun-ah, don’t forget to come back home if you don’t have any class okay?” Mrs. Oh reminded her youngest son.

 

“Hmmm,” Sehun replied with a hum. He doesn’t even sure if he will come back or not. It’s depends on his father’s mood too. Then, Jaehee and Kris appeared in front of the door. Mrs. Oh quickly turned her head to see Jaehee and walked towards Jaehee.

 

“Honey, I will be missing you, and I’m sorry about this marriage and what had happened to you, Luhan and Sehun.” Mrs. Oh said sadly, Jaehee argued back that was not her mother in-law fault because nobody expected this to happen.

 

 “And don’t forget to come here when you’re free okay?” Mrs. Oh said to Jaehee, and Jaehee nodded obediently while Kris walked away to let his mother talk with Jaehee, and went to Sehun.

 

“Sehun, don’t forget to come here okay?” Kris reminded him and just got a shrugged from Sehun.

 

“And, when you guys live together, you should not act cold towards her.” Kris added more, and at the same time he warned Sehun earlier.

 

“Don’t you ever hope that I’m going to be nice with her,” Sehun whispered, but enough for Kris to hear it.

 

“Sehun, don’t you hate Jaehee for any reason,” Kris spoke sternly while looking at his brother.

 

“Hyung, she’s the reason why father hate me!” Sehun debated back.

 

“Sehun, please, this is not Jaehee’s fault at all. This is because father didn’t try to accept the fate!” Kris answered back.

 

“Whatever. Don’t you ever hope that I will be nice with her,” Sehun spoke and left Kris dumbfounded. Kris just shook his head, he hope that Sehun won't act cold towards Jaehee, hopefully.

 

 

 

The ride in the car was silent and awkward, none of them start the conversation mostly Sehun, he preferred to keep silent than talk with his wife. He just still can't accept the fact. He really wanted to divorce Jaehee, but Kris stopped him from doing it. He will divorce Jaehee once Luhan conscious back from the coma. That's Sehun promise to his twin.

 

"Sehun-shii, can we go to the hospital? I want to visit Luhan," Jaehee asked slowly, but enough for Sehun to hear it. Sehun just want to ignore Jaehee's request, but when Sehun took a glance at Jaehee from his corner eyes, a sad face appeared on Jaehee's face made him feeling guilty at that time. Wow, did Sehun just feeling guilty at Jaehee right now?

 

"Hmm," Sehun hummed to show that he agreed to bring Jaehee to the hospital. But Jaehee seemed didn't noticed Sehun's message.

 

"I will drive to the hospital," Finally Sehun replied back when Jaehee didn't give any response, and Jaehee seems shocked with sudden out of blue Sehun's statement.

 

"Okay," is all what Jaehee could say, she thought Sehun doesn't want to bring her to the hospital? Well, of course she thought maybe Sehun was a jerk, but actually he's not a jerk at all, maybe.

 

After a long ride, finally we arrived at the hospital where Luhan had been ward. We stayed silent when Sehun stopped the car in front of the entrance.

 

Jaehee turned her head to Sehun that being silent.

 

"Don't you want to get out?" Sehun said harshly without caring Jaehee's feeling that was hurt by his words. He doesn't want to be kind with Jaehee at all.

 

"Okay," Jaehee replied, and hoisted her handbag to her shoulder and went out from the car.

 

As Jaehee walked into the hallway of the hospital, many people came in and out, ome of the doctors were rushing and the other were strolling at the corridor. Then Jaehee arrived in front of Luhan ward. Jaehee nervously hold the knob because she doesn't know if she can stay strong seeing Luhan in that state. Jaehee take a deep breath and opened the door.

 

Luhan was connected with IV drip on his right arm; the cut on Luhan’s body makes Luhan look so fragile. Then, the mask that connected with oxygen to give Luhan kept breathing makes Jaehee wanted to cry at that moment. She feel helpless at that time she walked closely to Luhan and sat on the chair had been provided for the guest. Jaehee can’t say anything right now but kept staring the angelic face.

 

“Luhan, why are you sleeping? You should wake up right now. You’re strong babe, why you look so fragile,” Jaehee sobbed quietly, but she can’t help but to cry out loudly.

 

“Luhan,” Jaehee cried out while holding Luhan’s hand. Hoping Luhan will open his eyes, but Luhan didn’t give any reaction.

 

Then, someone from the outside eyeing the couple in a regret look. Sehun wanted to scream and hit anything near him because Luhan was suffering from the coma while him marry Jaehee just to save both families pride. Sehun scoffed to himself, he felt disgust with himself right now because being selfish without thinking Luhan’s situation at that time. Sehun doesn’t know whether he should go in and act like nothing happen or just stay outside.

 

But, Jaehee maybe thought where he had gone. So, he decided to go into the room. The latter take a deep breath before walk in—holding the doorknob—walked into the room with a poker face that plastered on his face. Jaehee realized Sehun’s presence, and quickly wiped the tears that still falling down onto her cheeks. As Sehun near to her, Jaehee excused herself to the restroom as she doesn’t want the former to see her in that state which showed her weak side. Sehun just let Jaehee went to the restroom, and after Jaehee had left the room.

 

He kept staring at his twin in a deep stare which only he’s the one know what the meaning is. Sehun let the heavy sighs between his lips and wrapped his face with his pale hands. “Luhan,” Sehun mumbled quietly.

 

“Do you perhaps remember your wish that you want?” Sehun start the conversation even though he knew, Luhan won’t give any reaction to him. But, according to the doctor that treat Luhan, if he kept talking with Luhan. The latter still can hear it even though didn’t give any reaction.

 

“Luhan, if you didn’t tell me your wish to me, this won’t happen,” Sehun laughed sadly, and the memory of the wish suddenly lingered into his mind. 


A/N: I really wanted to write longer, but my eyes won't allowed me to do that as tomorrow i have tuition and it's account. I will try my best to update tomorrow (if i have some times to update it) So, sorry for the short chapter only. Do comment. I really wanna know you guys feedback. Or i don't mind if you guys being ghostie :) Night. Oh! and Sorry because there're many grammatical errors. Hope you guys can understand it. If you don't Do tell me. okay?