Chapter 2

Substitute Husband

Chapter 2

 

Jaehee still can’t believe what she had heard earlier. This guy in front of her is not Luhan. The former wanted to faint at that moment, but then Sehun stopped her from doing that and whispered something in her left ear.

 

“Don’t show the shocked face or do you want to get embarrassed?” Sehun said in a deep and cold voice and Jaehee shook her head, tried to control her reaction at that time.

 

“Then, let’s continue the act like we’re happy in front of them. Later, I will the reason,” Sehun still in a cold voice and Jaehee was like has been spelled by Sehun’s voice and nodded obediently like a little puppy.

 

At that time, Sehun really wanted to stop the wedding ceremony but thinking about what his eldest brother, Kris has said to him earlier that he must save both the families’ pride before people will throw them bad look because the bridegroom didn’t come to the church.

At the same time Sehun took a glance at his father that sitting at the corner with his mom, his father’s face already turned furious because hold his anger because of him, and Sehun knew that his father had found out that he's not Luhan. But Sehun tried not to bother with it and concentrated back to the wedding ceremony while waiting for Kris arrival.

 

The wedding was doing very well with Sehun and Jaehee that act happily in front of the guests like nothing happen. After, the guests went back to their home. Sehun and Jaehee bid goodbye to Kim’s parent since Jaehee will stay with her parent in-law's house for now on. Jaehee felt like she's a sinner because she had to lie to her parents. She wanted to scream and saying to all people that this isn't her husband but a stranger who she just met at the altar earlier.

Then, they walked to Oh’s parent that was waiting at the corner. Sehun and Jaehee bowed politely before Sehun was about to say something. He felt a sting on his right cheek. Mr. Oh slapped Sehun and Jaehee was shocked with sudden action by her father in-law. Mr. Oh tried to hold back his anger when Sehun came towards him but when Sehun got nearer to him he can’t help but to slap his son. Mr. Oh was furious by this situation.

 

“Are you out of your mind Sehun? Marrying Luhan’s girlfriend?” Mr. Oh scowled at Sehun that being silent.

 

So, this guy in front of her is Sehun… Jaehee thought.

 

“Answer me is it because you’re jealous with your twin?” Mr. Oh scoffed at Sehun.

 

“Honey! There must be a reason why Sehun did this, right Sehun?” Mrs. Oh defended her son. No way, her son doing this because jealous over Luhan, it does not make sense at all, Mrs. Oh thought.

 

Luhanarrow-10x10.pnghas a twin? How come she didn’t know about it…? Jaehee thought more.

 

“Answer me Sehun before I slap you again!” Mr. Oh exclaimed angrily and was about to slap again but his wife prevented him from doing that.

 

“Father, don’t mad at Sehun. He done nothing wrong with this, I was the one who asked him to marry Jaehee,” Kris appeared with Lay out of nowhere while sweating so hard.

 

“What do you mean Kris?” Mr. Oh felt dumbfounded with Kris' statement.

 

“Where are you from Kris?” Mrs. Oh asked, feeling confused when she saw sweat from Kris' forehead.

 

“I—I’m from hospital,” Kris said slowly, but still Mrs. Oh can hear it clearly.

 

“What’re you doing there?” Mrs. Oh worriedly as she thought that Kris got injured.

 

“I need to tell you guys something,” Kris said nervously while looked at his parents

 

“And what’s it?” Mr. Oh asked impatiently, waiting what will come out from his son's mouth.

 

“Luhan-he got into accident,” Kris said and then Mrs. Oh already sat on the floorarrow-10x10.png shocked with the sudden news she received. Jaehee quickly went to her mother in-law and tried to comfort.

Luhanarrow-10x10.pnggot into accident... the word echoed in Jaehee's mind Jaehee was about to cry but she can't show her weakness in front of her mother in-law since her mother in-law will be sadder for her.

 

“How come…?” Mr. Oh asked in weakened voice and looked at Kris.

 

“It’s happened like this—“Kris started telling what’s the actual happened.

 

 

 

The clock at the church already 10.50 aarrow-10x10.png.m. and there’s no sign that Luhan will come, The Oh’s and Kim’s parents didn’t know that Luhan still not appear yet because they were busyarrow-10x10.png with the guest that came to the wedding ceremony for their son and daughter. But to Kris, he already rambled, thinking when Luhan will arrive. He decided to call his little brother. Kris punched Luhan’s number and dialed it.

 

“Hello!” Kris exclaimed as soon as Luhan picked up his phone.

 

“Woah, what’s wrong Hyung? Why you do sound like in trouble right now?” Luhan asked in a worried tone.

 

“Where are you right now Luhan? Are you forgetful that you’re going to marry today and still you didn’t come to the church yet?!” Kris blabbered like Mrs. Oh.

 

“Wait, don’t blabbering at me while I’m driving. I’m on my way right now, 5 more minutes I will arrive.” Luhan replied,and chuckled with his brother’s behavior.

 

When Kris was about to reply back, suddenly Luhan’s phone fell on the car’s carpet, Luhan tried to reach the phone but he failed because of his hand that short, then he needed to lower his body down more to reach it.

 

“Hello? I’m sorry Kris, my phone fell earlier.” Luhan said then, as he turned his eyes to the front, He squinted his eyes as there’s a lorry drove faster in front of him.

 

“Yah! You’re driving at this time yet you still have time to take it? You should stop the car first, stupid!” Kris annoyed but Luhan didn’t response instead.

 

Luhan tried to avoid the lorry, luckily he did avoid it from being hit but unfortunately, the car suddenly can't be control at that moment then, there’s a big tree in front of him waiting to being hit and then *Bang* Luhan’s car got hit at the tree, Luhan unconscious, the blood from Luhan’s head flowing on his face, people already come to the accident place and it became crowded later. Some of the people already call the ambulance.

 

 

 

After that, Jaehee can’t hold it back anymore and tears were falling down to her cheeks, why is this happening to Luhan? Jaehee asked herself but she doesn’t have any answer for that question and kept hugging her mother in-law

 

Then, Mr. Oh turned his head to Sehun that still standing like statue. Sehun knew that his father was going to be so angry with him because didn’t tell about it instead marrying Luhan’s girlfriend. But he can’t tell them about it when his eldest brother warned him earlier because didn’t want their family shocked with this sudden news.

 

“You know about this?” Mr. Oh said in a disbelief tone while looked at Sehun with anger expression on his face.

 

“Y-Yes, that’s why I marry Jaehee because I wanted to save both families’ pride,” Sehun replied hesitantly.

 

“You’re just too selfish Sehun, you know about this yet you didn’t tell us?” Mr. Oh burst his anger at Sehun.

 

“Because I know you guys will be like this and at the same time I don’t want both these families will get embarrassed because the bridegroom didn’t come to wedding. I’m sorry father,” Sehun said in sorry tone and then cried out.

 

“It’s doesn’t matter whether we got embarrassed or what but why didn’t tell you this to us? Luhan is also our son too,” Mr. Oh said in a sad tone feeling regret when his youngest son didn’t tell about this important thing to them. 

 

“Father, it’s not Sehun fault. My fault actually,” Kris tried to explain but Mr. Oh seems didn't care with Kris’s explanation.

 

“Stop it guys, we should go to the hospital right now,” Mrs. Oh said try to stop the argument her husband made.

 

 

 

Sehun sat on the floor after having heard the news from the doctor. He couldn't believe that Luhan was in coma. There was nothing they could do to bring him back and so the only person that could revive him was Luhan himself, his willpower would have to be enough. Sehun felt and onslaught of emotions: sadness, anger, regrets. Mrs. Oh tried to calm him saying that it wasn't his fault and it was only brought onto them by fate. Sehun having a stubborn nature refused to listen to his mother and continued to feel selfish for having married Jaehee while Luhan was in the hospital. Sehun thought back on his father’s words and thought to himself that he was right; he blamed himself.

 

"Sehun, let’s go home. You must be tired." said Kris.

 

"No, I'll stay. I'm not leaving Luhan's side until he wakes up." The word coming slowly from Sehun’s mouth as he leaned his body against the cold wall.

 

"Please, Sehun, don't be stubborn, not today at least, don't you hear what the doctor said earlier? You can visit him tomorrow." Kris replied in a convincing manner.

 

"Alright," Sehun said, giving into his brother’s request.

 

 

 

When they all arrived at the living room as Kris asked them to sit here for a while since he wanted to say something. All of them sit on the couch – looking at Kris, waiting for him to start the talk.

 

“As mother and father can see, Sehun already married to Jaehee,” Kris said and looked at his parents and Jaeheue. Mrs. Oh nodded her head while Mr. Oh didn’t give any respond.

 

“And—“Mr. Oh cut Kris’ talk.

 

“Sehun, I want you to divorce Jaehee right now!” Mr. Oh vocalized strictly.

 

“Father!” Kris exclaimed. How come his father could say like that to Sehun?  Kris felt sorry for his youngest brother by made him marry Luhan's girlfriend. He wasn't expecting his dad to be this mad over Sehun. It wasn't Sehun's fault. The eldest knew that Sehun didn't want to marry Luhan's girlfriend but he forced him out.

 

“Don’t you try to stop me Kris,” Mr. Oh said in strict tone, but Sehun being silent. Jaehee didn’t respond anything but just watching the quarrel between these family members. Since, she can’t say anything because she was a new member of this family plus, she still sad about Luhan got into accident.

 

“Sehun you better divorce Jaehee right now,” Mr. Oh said but Sehun still being like a statue.

 

“Father, you can’t since Kim’s family will find out about this.” Kris retorted angrily. He’s getting fed up with his father that doesn’t think about Sehun’s feeling right now and the risk that will happen if Sehun divorce Jaehee at this moment.

 

“Honey, let’s just listen an explanation from Kris, hmm?” Mrs. Oh tried to persuad his husband, and Mr. Oh did listen to his wife but that’s not for a long time if Kris didn’t give a right reason why Sehun married to Jaehee.

 

“Father, if Sehun divorce Jaehee right now, the Kim’s family will be asking a lot of question. Plus, they didn’t know about Sehun’s existence, since Luhan didn’t tell Jaehee or her family about him, and Luhan getting into accident not because of Sehun’s fault. But it’s already fate. Sehun did wants to end this ceremony if he could, but thinking about us and Kim’s will getting embarrass he just followed my plan, and Sehun can’t divorce Jaehee until Luhan conscious back.” Kris adduced, and lowered his head. Mr. Oh tried to think about it wisely whether is it really true what Kris said earlier, but then when he remembered about Luhan that suffered in the hospital while Sehun married to Luhan’s girlfriend made him angrier more. He shook his head and looked at Sehun that still being silent.

 

“Kris, what’re you saying really true, but still Sehun should have tell us about this if he think about his twin first.” Mr. Oh stated and Kris’ jaw dropped.

 

“Father, you shouldn’t say like that,” Kris said sternly. He doesn’t care if he didn’t respect his parents anymore, but thinking about Sehun that being the victim of this marriage he felt pity towards his brother. Then, suddenly, Sehun stood up from his seat and looked at his parents.

 

“Father, I knew this is my fault since I didn’t tell you guys in the first place so, I’m sorry,” Sehun bowed, in a respect manners.

 

“If I can return back the time, I didn’t mind if I’m the one that got into accident instead Luhan.” Sehun continued. While Mrs. Oh already cried with Sehun’s statement. She felt pity with her youngest son but what she can do when she tried to defend Sehun, but her husband will angry with it. Jaehee left speechless because didn’t believe that Sehun didn’t mind if he’s the one that gotten into accident but not Luhan. Jaehee can’t think anything at that time but still looked at Sehun.

 

“When the time has come, I will make sure that Luhan gets what he deserves,” Sehun said emotionless and walked to the upstairs leaving his family at the living room in an awkward situation. All of them speechless but mostly Mr. Oh, he didn’t expect that Sehun will be saying like that, but then, he shooed away the feeling guilty away because Luhan was more suffered with this. Mr. Oh said to himself. Then, Mr. Oh leaving the living room, went to his room except Kris, Jaehee and Mrs. Oh.

 

“Mom, I’m going to check on Sehun first,” Kris excused himself and went to the twins’ room.



A/N: edited 12/17/15

Gikhan