Chapter 6

Substitute Husband

Chapter 6

They arrived at Sehun’s penthouse after a long ride from the hospital. Both of them went out from car and straightly to the boot car to pick their bags out. Jaehee thought Sehun was going to help her taking out her bags, but guess she was wrong. When Sehun didn’t even try to help her at least, and moreover Sehun act like she was invisible besides him. That makes her felt not in mood to talk with someone right now.

“He’s not gentleman like Luhanarrow-10x10.png, such a jerk.” Jaehee grumbled all alone, but still taking out her things.

“Why did I bring too much things though,” Jaehee blamed on herself this time. Then Sehun walked to his penthouse, unlocked the door and his living room has been seen the moment he opened up the door.

Sehun went to the furniture and his eyes were wandering the living room. Too much dust, Sehun thought. It has been about one month Sehun left his house the moment the holiday for the semester started.

Later on, Jaehee finally arrived at the front door with the many bags without any help from anyone. She was about to call Sehun’s name, but her eyes were glued on the living room. She felt impressive how the furniture got arranged. Simple yet look classic. She never thought that Sehun is very good in design over the house. Moreover, his house looks betterarrow-10x10.png than her.

"Ehem," Sehun fake cough, try to gain Jaehee's attention that stood silently.

Jaehee came back to reality and stare at Sehun's face dumbfounded. The latter walked to the mystery room and Jaehee follow from behind silently without questioned it. Sehun just pointed with his index finger after opened the room.

"Your room," said Sehun shortly, and Jaehee nodded her head and went back to her bags at the front door to pull in.

"Thanks," Jaehee mumbled quietly, but enough for Sehun to hear it. The latter quickly went to his room and shut the door quickly, but more to push the door harshly and made Jaehee shocked that was about to unpack over her things.

"Aish, I'm going to have a heart attack if he keeps doing that," Jaehee spoke to herself while held her chest. Then she started back doing her things that was left over.

 

**

 

On the other side, Sehun was resting on the bedarrow-10x10.png while staring at the ceiling. Thinking about something; his life that will happen in the futurearrow-10x10.png. What will happen to Jaehee and him? Is they really gonna keep the promise they made? Sehun thought.

Sehun snapped out his thought, and slapped his face many times with his both hands. "Sehun just stand in the reality will you," Sehun reminded to himself.

"Of course I'm going to keep the promise I made with my parents. I will return Jaehee to Luhan." Sehun spoke to himself, but then he got shocked by his phone that was ringing on the bed stand.

Sehun took the phone and saw Lay's name on the phone screen and quickly answered it.

"What is it?" Sehun asked directlyarrow-10x10.png when Lay was about to start the conversationarrow-10x10.png.

"Wow, chill man, going somewhere?" Lay calmed Sehun down.

"I'm not; I'm just asking why you are calling me. There must be something up if you're calling me," Sehun replied back.

"You know me so well, so wanna meet up? At usual place," said Lay.

"Sure, I will be there in 15 minutes more." Sehun answered, and ended the call directly. Quickly got up from the bed and went out from his bedroom. The moment he closed the door he met with Jaehee that was standing like a statue after saw him.

"Um," Jaehee hummed, don't know what to say. She actually wanted to ask about the food because she's freaking hungry right now.

"I'm going out for a while, don't wait," Sehun stated, and Jaehee still stared at the guy face.

"There's only ramen, eat that first. I will buy the groceries tomorrow," Sehun spoke more and went out from the penthouse quickly without waiting for Jaehee's answer.

Jaehee searched out for the ramen at the kitchen cabinet. After long minutes, finally she found it and start to heat the water. While waiting for it, Jaehee called out her friend.

"Hey, Jaehee, why are you calling me?  Are you nervous already?" The speaker teased Jaehee, and the latter just can smilearrow-10x10.png fakely. Luckily her friend can't see her face at that moment.

"Yah, can you stop thinking dirty, Kim Minah! I guess you're the one who should be getting married not me," Jaehee balked back, and from the other speaker, Minah was laughing so hard. But later on, Minah apologized for saying like that, and ask why so sudden Jaehee called her up.

"I need to change my university," Jaehee stated, and Minah kept silent when she heard the confession. Jaehee knew her friend mad at her but Jaehee still didn't give up and called out Minah until she replies back. Finally, Minah replied but, she wondered why so sudden she wants to change the university when Jaehee and Luhanarrow-10x10.png study in the same university she just realized she was staying with Sehun and not Luhan. Of course Minah wondered why she wants to change university when she was not supposed to. Jaehee can't help but to tell the actual reason. At first Minah can't accept the explanation because it was sort of weird and ridiculous.

"Then I can't do anything but to accept it. After all, you must follow your husband decision right?" Minah said, and Jaehee can't help but to feel guilty when the moment Minah emphasized the husband word. Jaehee feel so bad because lying to her best friend and didn't tell the truth. But after all, this is just for a while and everything gonna be normalarrow-10x10.png back as soon as Luhan conscious from the coma.

"Yeah, I guess so," Jaehee replied back, and later on they talked about other stuffs.

 

**

 

Lay was waiting for Sehun at the usual place they meet; Lay chose to sit at the corner because he wants to talk something in private with Sehun. After a long wait the latter arrived and Lay waved to Sehun as he was over here. Sehun walked over to the table with his pokerarrow-10x10.png face plastered on. Sehun grabbed the seat in front of Lay, the waiter came to take their order, several minutes later, and the waiter left them alone. Sehun remained silent, not wanting to talk about anything.

"So, how's life?" Lay began the talk, and Sehun shrugged his shoulder.

"I don't think that my friend is some sort of disable to talk," Lay spoke sarcastically, and Sehun rolled his eyes to the guy in front of him.

"Still stress about it? Should we go to the club and enjoy ourselves?" Lay said soflty; in this case he doesn't want to pressure his friend aarrow-10x10.png lot with the problems he faces right now.

"No need too," Sehun rejected the guy's offer. He knew that his friend try to cheer him up, but it take a lot of time for him after what happening to him. Sehun suggest that he should just follow the flow right now and see what happen in the futurearrow-10x10.png.

"How's Jaehee? Is she fine?" Lay asked in a concern tone, while the other guy furrowed his eyebrows. Since when Lay care for Jaehee?

"Don't frown like that, after all she's the one that got a bad impact of this not you," Lay chuckled, and Sehun shrugged his shoulder like he wasn't care about Jaehee because he is the one that got all the burden and of course he's the one that should be say got a lot of impact.

"So, how are you going to live with her?" Lay changed the topic, and Sehun furrowed his eyebrows, but he didn’t replies to Lay’s question. Of course they're gonna live like a stranger and nothing is gonna change, full stop. What else Lay could expect from him? That they’re going to be friend? Like that?

And then, they kept talking about university thing until night was coming. Finally they ended their long session talk when Lay needed to go home because something came up, they bid goodbye to each other and went on their own way. Sehun headed to home as tomorrow he have a class to attend but the thing is he still outsidearrow-10x10.png, he needs some rest after a long hectic day for him. The latter fastened the pedal on the car so, that he could arrive at home quickly.

Sehun arrived in front of the penthouse and parked his car, when he stepped in the house he found Jaehee was still wide awake watching random channelarrow-10x10.png which Sehun doesn’t know at television. When the latter closed the door loudly and grabbed Jaehee’s attention that was focusing on the television.

“You just got home,” Jaehee began the conversationarrow-10x10.png to less out the awkward atmosphere around them. But, the woman just got a nodded from Sehun.

“Where have you been? It’s already past midnight,” Jaehee asked more, and the guy grew annoyed. Can she just don’t interrupt his schedule? Is that too much to ask for? Sehun was monologue on himself.

“Could you please stop being a busy body person and just stay out of my businessarrow-10x10.png,” Sehun replied coldly before leaving Jaehee that was shocked by the comment. The latter came back to the reality when Sehun slammed the door so hard, Jaehee doesn’t know why she feel so hurt by Sehun harsh word. Why can’t Sehun be nice to her at least a little?

“Well, if he says so, okay I will not interfering in his schedule, after all we just stranger that suddenly got married,” Jaehee mumbled all alone, and continued watching on the television until past midnight, try to heal back her mood. 

 

 

A/N: Yeah, very short update. I don't think anyone gonna comment on this story because im such a bad author that left this story hangover like this. Well, not fancy english but i hope u guys understand it.