Chapter 3

Substitute Husband

 

Chapter 3

 

Kris knocked the door before enter the room, he thought Sehun already sleep but Sehun still wide awake sitting on his bed that near to the window and watched outside the window maybe Sehun try to calm his heart that was sad with his father that accused him stealing away Luhan’s girlfriend. Poor my brother… Kris said to himself and went nearer to Sehun.

 

“Sehun, are you okay?” Kris asked worriedly, and stood beside Sehun.

 

No response from Sehun, Kris decided to hug Sehun maybe that will comfort Sehun more. Kris thought. Then, he heard sob, Sehun was crying on his shoulder. Kris knew this would happen so, he tapped his youngest brother head slowly try to calm his youngest brother.

 

“Let it out Sehun, I will always on your side no matter what happen,” Kris assured softly.

 

“I can’t hyung when father said like that to me, I felt that I already backstabbed Luhan,” Sehun confessed and cried out to Kris.

 

“No, it’s not your fault. It’s my fault because asking you to marry Luhan’s girlfriend.” Kris stated firmly.

 

“But still father should not be angry with me, I’m also sad about Luhan got into accident,” Sehun sobbed quietly.

 

“Okay, right now don’t be sad. I want my old youngest brother that always happy and cheerful back,” Kris gave some spirit words to make Sehun cheered up. That night Sehun and Kris sleep late because talking a lot about this marriage.

 

While Jaehee sleep in the guest room as Mrs. Oh thought that Jaehee maybe need some privacy after she shocked with sudden news Luhan got into accident and got marry to Sehun, Luhan’s twin. Jaehee stepped into the guest room and then sighed heavily and leaned to the door’s guest slowly. She really wanted to cry again but she already tired with it. There’s no use if she kept crying and that won’t change anything. Luhan was in coma. Coma… Suddenly, Jaehee remembered back her conversation with Luhan on the phone this morning before Luhan got into accident.

 

 

 

Luhan glanced at the clock that hanging on the wall. It’s already 10.20 a.m. He supposed not to be late and he knew that. But, he can’t help but to feel scared and nervous. Then, an idea popped in Luhan’s mind. He wanted to call his girlfriend before he went to the church. Luhan dialed his girlfriend’s number and wait for someone to pick up.

 

“Hello?” Jaehee from the other line start the conversation.

 

“Hey, Jaehee, sorry if I call at this moment. I just want to get out my nervous away from me.” Luhan stated and Jaehee giggled teasingly.

 

“Now, we can see who the nervous one is,” Jaehee teased Luhan.

 

“Haha, but when on our first night we will know.” Luhan joked and Jaehee’s face already blushed with Luhan’s statement.

 

“Yah!” Jaehee grumbled cutely and Luhan laughed by Jaehee’s cuteness 

 

“Haha, Jaehee. How many kids do you want?” Luhan blurted out of blue.

 

“Why? Can’t hold your hormones anymore?” Jaehee returned back the question.

 

“Yeah, sort of,” Luhan spoke without thinking Jaehee that already felt embarrassed for the second time.

 

“Answer me Jaehee,” Luhan spoke softly.

 

“Erm, twins?” Jaehee answered.

 

“Really,” Luhan exclaimed, and at that moment Luhan forgot to tell that Sehun his twin at Jaehee, he just excited to talk about children with Jaehee.

 

“Erm, Luhan I guess you should be here right now. I don’t want our parents feel worry about you.” Jaehee stated.

 

“Okay, so, later we will see. Bye Jaehee, I love you so much and I really love you so much.” Luhan said without feeling shy.

 

“Yeah, me too, I love you too so much,” Jaehee replied back while giggling.

 

“But, I’m serious what I’m saying Jaehee. I really love you so much.” Luhan said sincerely. At that time, he doesn’t know what’s wrong with him. What he know he want to express his feelings towards Jaehee at that time by saying I love you many times.

 

“Okay, enough Luhan. Later you can say at me like that as much as you want. I love you too.” Jaehee on the other line already felt uneasy with Luhan’s word that saying I love you many times at her. Ever since she knows Luhan, the latter won’t be so cheesy towards her at all. But this times, it’s a little bit difference when Luhan saying like that to her. It’s sound like a farewell to her. That’s what Jaehee thought. Jaehee doesn’t want to think negative but her heart can’t deny the worried feelings.

 

“Okay, Bye Jaehee, I love you.” Luhan said for the last time, and with that they ended the call.

 

“I love you too.” Jaehee mumbled back.

 

Then, tears were falling down on Jaehee’s cheeks once again. “Luhan,” Jaehee mumbled while sobbed quietly. Later, Jaehee drifted to dreamland and hoping when tomorrow she woke up it was just another nightmare. Hopefully, Jaehee thought.

 

 

 

Early in the morning, Mr. Oh went out from the house off to work because he doesn’t want to meet with Sehun when yesterday they already fought. While Sehun, he was still sleeping soundly on his bed, tired with what happened yesterday. Mrs. Oh was preparing breakfast for her family members and also to welcome Jaehee as Oh’s family even though Jaehee was married to Sehun, she still wanted to welcome her as daughter in-law.

 

“Mom, good morning,” Kris greeted his mom as he entered into kitchen section

 

“Morning,” Mrs. Oh greeted softly.

 

“Mom, are you okay?” Kris asked back.

 

“Yes, I’m fine. Why?” Mrs. Oh returned with a question back.

 

“Mom, aren’t you mad with what had happened yesterday?” Kris asked sternly, and to Kris he thought that maybe his mother going to mad about it, but Mrs. Oh shook her head.

 

“Why must I mad with it? As you said, it’s already fate. I don’t angry with it at all. Since Sehun also didn’t want this to happen right? Let’s breakfast first and talk about this later,” Mrs. Oh said and walked to dining table.

 

Later, Jaehee woke up from her sleep and quickly greeted her mother and brother in-law. She should not be sad about it anymore, although Luhan was in coma she supposed to support Luhan. Jaehee said to herself.

 

“Morning, oppa and mother,” Jaehee said with warmth smiled.

 

“Morning Jaehee,” They replied in unison.

 

“Here, have some breakfast dongsaeng. You need to eat a lot since you must be shocked about yesterday,” said Kris and pushed the breakfast at Jaehee.

 

“Thanks oppa,” Jaehee said and Kris just smiled.

 

“Did you cry a lot yesterday? Your eyes were puffy and you look like a panda,” Kris joked and then got hit by Jaehee.

 

“Jaehee honey, I’m sorry if you suddenly got married with Sehun but not with Luhan,” Mrs. Oh spoke out of blue.

 

“…” Jaehee just smiled because she can’t say anything at that time. Whether she should be sad, angry or yell at them? She doesn’t know. Maybe this is just a fate she got married to Luhan’s twin so sudden.  There must be reasons behind this happening right? Jaehee thought.

 

“Ermm, anyway, can I ask you something Kris oppa?” asked Jaehee while munching her foods.

 

“Sure you can, what’s it?” Kris replied while chewing his foods.

 

“Sehun— is he a nice guy? I mean, is he fine with what happened yesterday?” Jaehee uttered slowly but enough for Kris to hear it.

 

“Haha, Sehun? He cried out yesterday and maybe today he will be okay,” Kris answered happily.

 

“Oh…” Jaehee replied shortly.

 

“Why? Worried about him?” Kris teased Jaehee while smirked mischieviously.

 

“Why I must worry about him? I should be worry about Luhan that stay at hospital,” Jaehee responded quickly.

 

“Haha, I just ask Jaehee don’t be so panic,” Kris joked, and Jaehee pouted cutely.

 

While Kris and Jaehee chit chat happily, Mrs. Oh interrupted their talk probably to ask something from them. “Jaehee, can you wake Sehun up for me?” Mrs. Oh requested.

 

“Errr,” Jaehee was stuck with the question.

 

“Jaehee, you don't have to do it. I'm not forcing you,” Mrs. Oh called out her daughter in-law.

 

“It's okay, I can do it,” Jaehee answered unintentionally. Then, she realized what had she said just now. Mouth why are you so light answered the question, Jaehee scolded herself in mentally.

 

 

 

Jaehee walked nervously to Sehun’s room direction where Kris had told her at kitchen earlier. She could reject her mother in-law request, but she didn’t know why can’t say it. Maybe she didn’t want to disappoint her mother that already sad about yesterday, Jaehee thought. Jaehee knocked the door because she doesn’t want to be so long at upstairs with Luhan’s twin she just knew yesterday. It’s going to be an awkward situation. So, she planned to wake up Sehun quickly and went to the dining table back. Jaehee knocked the door but got no respond from Sehun. Is this guy still sleeping? Jaehee thought.

 

Jaehee tried opened the door knob and luckily the door knob was unlocked. Jaehee went into the room quietly not wanting to make any noise, because Sehun maybe already wake up or maybe not, it’s fifty percent between the two reasons. Jaehee thought. Then, Jaehee stepped on the floor like a mouse sneak into the kitchen while her eyes wandered around to search Sehun’s figure then, she saw a guy was sleeping on the bed near the window that already opened.

 

Jaehee walked towards Sehun and can’t think wisely what should she called Sehun. Arghh, I will call whatever I want, Jaehee said in her mind.

 

“Sehun-shii,” Jaehee called softly, but Sehun didn’t react with her voice.

 

“Sehun-shii,” This time it’s a bit loud then a minute later, Sehun’s body already moved a little bit. Oh my god. Is this guy really needs to be yelled first? Then he can wake up? Jaehee asked herself.

 

“Sehun-shii,” Jaehee yelled out loudly until Sehun that was sleeping soundly woke up from the noisy voice. Sehun cursed between his lips, who dare to interrupt his sleep? Sehun turned around then he saw Jaehee that was standing like a statue in front of him. How come this girl really brave went into guys’ room? Sehun asked himself. Then, he remembered about yesterday that he married to Jaehee and Luhan got into accident, suddenly Sehun was being emotional about it.

 

“What do you want?” Sehun barked coldly and Jaehee realized Sehun’s voice changed into cold.

 

“Erm—Mom wants you—to wake up,” Jaehee stuttered. What’s wrong with you so sudden Jaehee? Jaehee scolded herself in mentally.

 

“Oh,” Sehun replied emotionless and stood up. Jaehee suddenly shocked with Sehun’s behavior. What's he going to do? Jaehee asked herself.

 

“Don’t you want to get out of my room?” Sehun said harshly. He doesn’t want to be good with Jaehee at all because of what had happened yesterday.

 

“Uhh—okay,” Jaehee quickly went out from Sehun’s room quickly, felt embarrassed went down on her cheeks that already turned red. Luckily there was no one else except her only or she will cry suddenly.

 

 

 

While on downstairs, Kris took his cup and sipped a little bit. Then, Kris wondered when his father can accept the facts Sehun already married with Jaehee? Plus, Sehun also doesn’t want this to be happened either. Kris watched his mother that was washing the dishes and thought of something.

 

“Mom,” Kris called and Mrs. Oh stopped her work.

 

“Yes Kris?” Mrs. Oh replied while focusing back on the dishes.

 

“When will father and Sehun be good back together again? I feel bad for Sehun because he doesn’t want this to happen,” Kris sighed and Mrs. Oh shrugged.

 

“I don’t know Kris, we just need to wait for it,” Mrs. Oh spoke and Kris nodded.

 

 Jaehee came into the kitchen section and they stopped talking about this because didn’t want Jaehee misunderstood with them.

 

“Where’s Sehun?” Kris asked but got a shrugged from Jaehee.

 

Is Sehun burst his anger at Jaehee? Kris thought. He doesn’t want Sehun being cold towards girl since it’s not Sehun’s attitude he used to know and Kris just nodded his head.


A/N: I'm gonna update tonight or maybe this evening. Do comment..