The Relief

Color My World

Special thanks to soshifx, PlayerHwang, LeeJuno, Olivert, and yana_5 for upvoting! Thanks guys ^^

 


 

"I feel sick," Taeyeon groaned as they exited the cafeteria. She placed a hand on her stomach and moved it in circles, hoping for that to sooth her.
 
Tiffany sighed. "I tried to stop you," she said.
 
Taeyeon pouted and sat down on a nearby bench. "But ice cream is the best!"
 
Tiffany chuckled and sat down beside Taeyeon. And as if by reflex, Taeyeon rested her head on Tiffany's shoulder. 
 
"Yah, who said you could use me as a pillow," Tiffany jokingly complained.
 
"I don't need permission to do this." Taeyeon said quietly. They sat still for a moment, and Tiffany tensed when she felt Taeyeon taking hold of her hand. The shorter of the two intertwined their fingers.
 
Tiffany stared at their hands for a moment. "You may need permission to do that."
 
Taeyeon giggled and gave Tiffany's hand a squeeze. "May I have permission to hold your hand?" she asked with playful eyes and a cheeky smile, showcasing her dimple.
 
Tiffany looked away when she felt blood rush to her cheeks, mentally cursing the cute stupid dimple. She composed herself and clearer before answering. "You may," she said diplomatically.
 
Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "I can't even hold my best friend's hand without asking for permission. What's next? An application just to hang out with you?"

"I'll think about it," Tiffany said with a mischievous smile. "Aren't you supposed to be having a stomach ache right now?"

Taeyeon groaned. "Don't remind me."
 
"Maybe you just need to poop."
 
Taeyeon suddenly burst out laughing. "Poop!" she yelled in between fits of laughter.
 
Tiffany looked around their surroundings worriedly, afraid that someone would hear Taeyeon shout such a word. "Yah! What's so funny?"
 
Taeyeon calmed herself down to answer Tiffany's question "I didn't expect student council Vice President Miss Tiffany Hwang to say such a dirty word," she said. "I expected you to say something like 'Taeyeon-ah, go relieve your bowels' or something along those lines."
 
Tiffany laughed. "Yah, I don't talk like that." She playfully shoved Taeyeon's shoulder with her own. "And besides, that sounds ever worse."
 
Taeyeon giggled. "Say it again," she said.
 
Tiffany raised an eyebrow. When all she got in return was another cheeky smile, she stood up, pulling Taeyeon along with her. "Come on," she said. "Let's get back to the dorms so you can poop."
 
Taeyeon responded with a loud ahjumma laugh.
 

 

**

 

Tiffany sighed as she lie in her bed that now smelled of baby powder and lavander. She tossed and turned before sitting back up and reaching for a pen and her journal that sat in her desk drawer. She flipped through the pages until she reached a blank page.

 

She did it again. She smiled that stupid smile and gave me those stupid butterflies. I think I like her. Scratch that--I know that I like her... But I can't. You know when you're on a diet but you have a jar of cookies in front of you, and you convince yourself that it's okay to just eat one cookie, but then you eat another cookie with the same reasoning, and in the end when there are no more cookies left, and you feel guilty because you can't undo it? That's... that's what being with Taeyeon is like. I'll let her rest her head on my shoulder, and hold my hand, and say stupid things and then I realize that I've fallen in way too deep and there's no backing out. The worst part isn't that she's my best friend--the worst part is that she's a girl. And I'm a girl. And if by some miracle that she happens to feel the same way, there's no way we can be together. There's love that's illegal. Can you believe that?

 

Tiffany closed her journal, her thoughts weighing down on her as she slipped the journal under her pillow. She wondered if her friends and family would accept her if they found out that she likes girls, but that thought kept her up, so she brushed it aside and thought about the girl with the cute stupid laugh instead.

 

 

**


 
 
Tiffany paced back and forth, fidgeting with her fingers as she did so.
 
Sunny groaned audibly. "Yah, I can't concentrate if you keep walking back and forth like that," she said before returning her attention to her homework.
 
"Oh, sorry," Tiffany said.
 
Sunny raised an eyebrow. She half expected Tiffany to respond with a snarky comeback, but she did not at all expect an apology. She turned around again, looking at Tiffany, who was now standing still and staring at her fingers. "You okay?" she asked.
 
Tiffany nodded. "Yeah, fine," she replied.
 
Sunny didn't buy it. "Okay, spill. What's wrong?"
 
Tiffany looked up and shook her head. "Nothing's wrong."
 
"Did you and Taeyeon fight or something?"
 
"No."
 
"Then?"
 
"What?"
 
"Then what's wrong?"
 
"I told you," Tiffany stated firmly, "nothing's wrong."
 
Sunny sighed and stood up from her seat. "You can't hide everything from me, Fany," she said and placed a hand on Tiffany's shoulder. "You can tell me anything; you know that, right?"
 
Tiffany looked at Sunny for a moment and saw the sincerity in her eyes. "Yeah," she finally said. "I know."
 
"Good." Sunny sat on her bed and patted the empty space beside her. "Now tell me what's wrong."
 
Tiffany bit her lip. Hiding one secret from her friend was enough, but to hide two secrets felt like a burden. She sat down and played with the hem of her skirt.
 
"I--" she began, but sighed immediately after. "You know Jokwon, right?"
 
Sunny nodded. "He's in our English class, right? Isn't he gay?"
 
Tiffany almost flinched at the last word. "Y-yeah," she said. "What do you think about him?"
 
Sunny shrugged. "He's kind of loud and weird, but I heard he doesn't have very many friends, so..." she trailed off, not knowing what to say after that.
 
"Yeah, but he's... He's okay, right?"
 
"Well I haven't really talked to him before, but I don't hate him or anything," Sunny answered. She looked at Tiffany in confusion. The girl seemed to had grown more nervous as their conversation continued. "Fany? What's this about?"
 
Tiffany took a deep breath. "I--What if I was like him?"
 
"What? As in loud and obnoxious? You already are," Sunny joked, but when she saw that Tiffany wasn't laughing, she grew concerned.
 
Tiffany shook her head. "N-no. Not that," she said. "What if I weren't," she paused again before taking another deep breath. "What if I weren't straight?"
 
Sunny stared at Tiffany, slightly open and her eyes wide. She didn't know what Tiffany wanted to tell her, but she did not plan on hearing this.
 
Tiffany looked at Sunny with worried eyes before standing up. "F-forget it," she said, her voice trembling. "It was just--just a stupid question," she said, feigning a smile. She turned to walk out the door, not wanting Sunny to see her cry, but she was stopped by a pair of arms around her waist.
 
"I would accept you, and love you, and care for you just the same," Sunny said softly. "Nothing would change."

Tiffany felt her tears threatening to fall, and closed her eyes, letting the tears drip from her eyelashes. She turned around and wrapped her arms around Sunny. "Thank you," she whispered.

 

 

TBC

 

 


 

 

A/N: Hope you guys enjoyed this update ^^ I had to rewrite it twice because my phone wouldn't save it...

Okay, FIRST OF ALL, WHO VOTED FOR THE "KHUNFANY, BAEKYEON, AND JESSICAXTYLERKWON" OPTION???? How. Dare. You.

Second, it looks like a tight competition between Taeny and Jeti, but I think that I've already made up my mind. You guys can keep voting though, so we'll see.

Third, barely any of you answered my question (thanks to those of you who did though ^^), so I'll just put it in a poll.

Okay, that's about it. Also, Jessica's BLANC photoshoot is y as hell ;D