The Start

Color My World

She doesn't know when the colors around other people began to appear. After she had talked to her friends and family about their colors, she realized that she wasn't normal. Her parents had merely brushed it off as an overactive imagination, and they believed that she outgrew her fascination with colors because she never talked about it again.

As Miyoung, or Tiffany, as she preferred, grew older, the colors she saw never faded. It had become such a big part of her life that she sometimes even dreams about the different colors and what they meant.

It wasn't until she entered middle school that she finally realized what the relationships the colors shared. At the back of the class, Tiffany pulled out her pink journal and began to take notes. She had recently discovered that every color correlates with a certain personality. A person with the color blue, for example, meant that they are patient, quiet, kind, and compassionate. Tiffany wrote down what she observed about each color every day. She was sure that there were some bad traits as well as good traits, but she couldn't figure out what the bad traits of each color were. Perhaps it was because she chose to only see the good in people.

"Will you stop scribbling in your journal and actually start paying attention to the lesson?" a familiar voice nagged.

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "I am paying attention," she said. "Well, sorta."

Her friend sighed. "What do you even write in there anyway?"

Tiffany merely shrugged and continued writing.

 

>>Yellow: enjoys nagging people<<

 

She wrote and glanced up at her friend, who was surrounded by a yellow aura.

"Miyoung-ah," her friend called.

Tiffany looked up and glared at the latter. "Yes, Sunkyu?"

"Aish, seriously. It's Sunny!"

Tiffany sighed. "Fine," she said before closing her journal. "You're the most annoying of your kind," she muttered.

Sunny raised an eyebrow. "Of my kind? What's that supposed to mean?"

Tiffany smiled mysteriously and shrugged. "Whatever you think it means"

"Do you always have to be so cryptic?"

"Oh, big word."

"Yeah, it's made just for you."

Tiffany chuckled. "I'm not cryptic."

"Well, you're not easy to read either."

"There are just some things I can't say."

"We've been friends since like fifth grade! Why can't you just tell me what you write in your journal all the time?" Sunny frowned and Tiffany felt a bit guilty.

She sighed and patted Sunny's hand. "It's not that I don't want to tell you," she explained, "it's just that I'm not ready." Sunny didn't reply and continued to frown. "Please understand?" Tiffany asked hopefully.

Seeing Tiffany's pleading stare, Sunny sighed and nodded. "Okay."

Tiffany grinned. "But seriously, though," she began, "being friends for two years is barely anything."

Sunny scoffed and knocked her knuckles against Tiffany's head. "Out of all your friends, I'm the one who stuck around the longest, so you better treasure this friendship."

Tiffany nodded. "Yeah, yeah," she replied nonchalantly. But she knew that Sunny was right. Her other friends had left her after she had told them about the colors she sees. They deemed her as crazy, weird, and ultimately, a freak. Elementary kids can be cruel. That's why she decided not to tell Sunny. They had been friends for two years, and although that's not long at all, it was the longest friendship Tiffany had, and she intended to keep it that way. 


**


It was freshman year when Tiffany first met Taeyeon. Taeyeon was Sunny's roommate at the new boarding school they were enrolled in. It wasn't the adorable dumb dimple, or the y sharp jawline, or the cute stupid laugh that Tiffany first noticed. No, it was, well, it was something else.

 


Flashback

 

"Fany-ah, meet my roommate, Taeyeon," Sunny said as she dragged a roommate of equal height toward Tiffany. Tiffany looked up from her journal and almost immediately gasped.

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Sunny with a small frown. "What's wrong?" she asked.

Tiffany still hadn't regained composure when Taeyeon turned to look back at her. She stared at Taeyeon, her eyebrows drawn together in disbelief and agape in awe.

"Tiffany?" Sunny called out. "You're kind of creeping her out."

Tiffany immediately looked away. "S-sorry!" she apologized. "It's just--uh," she paused to think of a quick explanation. "You just look like someone I know."

Taeyeon smiled. "Ah, I see."

Sunny raised an eyebrow. "Oookay," she said. "Well now that you've met my best friend, I'm going to show you around."

"Well, it was nice meeting you, Tiffany. I hope to see you around sometime," she said before being dragged away by Sunny once more.

"Y-yeah. I hope so too," was all Tiffany could say as she watched Taeyeon's retreating figure.

 

End of flashback

 

**


It has been two years. Exactly 730 days ago, Sunny introduced me to none other than Kim Taeyeon. We're... I don't know what we are. We're friends, of course, but it feels like we should be something different. I don't know. I just know that I shouldn't be thinking about her like this.

Tiffany closed her pink journal and placed it inside her desk drawer. She turned to face her bed to see Taeyeon rolling around while hugging her grey plushie. Taeyeon smelled like baby powder with a hint of lavender. Tiffany didn't even like the smell of lavender, but she couldn't help but hope that her bed would smell like nothing but baby powder and lavender after Taeyeon finishes rolling around on it.

"Fany-ah, I'm hungry," Taeyeon whined.  She threw the plushie to the side and lie on her stomach, her feet in the air and kicking up and down.

Tiffany sat down beside Taeyeon. "We just ate dinner," she said.

"I'm hungry for dessert," Taeyeon explained. "Let's get ice cream!"

Tiffany sighed. "But you just ate a slice of pie for dessert."

"But I want a cold treat now, come on," Taeyeon said, tugging on the sleeve of Tiffany's shirt. "Please?"

In all honestly, Tiffany was more than willing to walk all the way back to the cafeteria with Taeyeon, but she didn't want Taeyeon to think that she gives in easily.

"You can go by yourself," Tiffany suggested.

Taeyeon sat up and sighed before wrapping her arms loosely around Tiffany's neck, effectively making the latter's cheeks burn. "But I want to go with you," she said quietly.

Tiffany sat still for a moment, trying to control her breathing before removing Taeyeon's arms and standing up. "Fine, let's go," she said, her body facing away from Taeyeon. She was pretty sure that her cheeks were pink, and she did not want Taeyeon to question it. It wasn't right to feel like this.

Taeyeon leaped off the bed with a happy squeal. "Yes! You're the best, Fany!"

Tiffany rolled her eyes and opened the door. "I know," she said. "And don't forget to bring your sweater."

"Yes, ma'am!"

 

 

TBC

 

 


 

 

A/N: Hello! I hope I didn't let any of you down with this chapter. I don't think I'll go through the whole blossoming of Taeny's friendship, because it would extend the fanfic too much, and I'm sure a lot of you want Jessica to appear soon. Unfortunately, it'll take a few more chapters before she can appear.

I was wondering whether you guys want this to end as Taeny or Jeti, so please answer the poll. I'm not sure whether or not the poll will change the ending to the fic, but we'll see how it goes~

ALSO, how do you guys feel about ? I didn't mark this fanfic as rated, because it says to only mark the fanfic as rated only if the ENTIRE fic is rated, but as you can see, that won't be happening. I was planning on having a few chapters with , but since I didn't mark this as rated, I'm not sure how you guys feel about this, so please comment and tell me whether or not you would want me to include . Thanks! ^^