The Presents

Color My World

Special thanks to thes9ne, eunheeloveegg, and aweSAMsone9 for upvoting! Thanks guys ^^

 


 

"My face is so bloated!"

"You ate right before we went to bed. What do you expect?"

Sooyoung pouted. "Not this," she said and poked her cheeks.

"You look fine," Sunny reassured. She left the bathroom and went back into the bedroom to find Taeyeon and Tiffany snuggled on one mattress together. "Just get married already," she sighed. With her big toe, Sunny nudged the sleeping Tiffany, who roused with a muffled groan.

"What?" she scowled.

"Hurry and get dressed."

"Why?" Tiffany remained as still as a sack of bricks.

"Because we have a movie to catch. You were the one who suggested we'd see it."

"Movie?"

Sunny placed her hands on her hips. "Yah, you don't remember? Are you hungover?"

Tiffany groaned once more before sitting up and rubbing her eyes. "No," she answered.

"Then get up. And wake the shorty pressed up against you."

"Huh?" Tiffany looked at Sunny questioningly before turning to her right. Taeyeon was sleeping right next to her--just an inch away. Their arms were practically pressing against each other. Tiffany immediately stood up. "Must've rolled over in my sleep," she explained hastily.

Sunny smirked. "Sure. You rolled all the way onto Taeyeon's mattress, practically pressed up against her, in your sleep."

Tiffany ignored the comment and made her way to the bathroom.

"Fany-ah, tell me my face isn't bloated," Sooyoung whined.

"We go through this every morning, Syoo."

"Fany-ah~"

"Your face is extremely bloated."

"Fany-ah!"

Tiffany groaned. "Your face is perfect. There. Happy?"

Sooyoung beamed a smile. "Thanks, Fany! I know."

The shorter girl rolled her eyes. "Yeah, don't mention it."

 

**

 

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, who had her head rested on her shoulder as Sunny and Sooyoung argued over what snacks to buy. Taeyeon groaned lightly, and Tiffany sighed. The smaller girl had woken up with a slight hangover and had no desire of going anywhere. Tiffany readily told Taeyeon that she would stay back at the dorm with her, but Sunny and Sooyoung insisted that they all go to watch the movie.

"The nachos are cheaper!"

"But popcorn has more!"

"It's not worth it!"

"The popcorn comes with drinks!"

"We already agreed to sneak in drinks!"

"That was before we saw the menu!"

Tiffany averted her gaze from Taeyeon and glared at the duo. "Yah, stop arguing and decide on something already," she scolded.

Sunny and Sooyoung pouted and decided to go with the nachos, much to Sooyoung's dismay.

Throughout the movie Taeyeon had her hands clasped tightly onto Tiffany's. "You okay?" Tiffany asked in a whisper when she felt Taeyeon scoot in closer beside her.

Taeyeon nodded. "I'm afraid the little girl will die."

"I'm sure she'll be fine," Tiffany said, readjusting herself so that Taeyeon's head can occupy the vacant spot on her shoulder, which Taeyeon gladly took.

"I'll cry if she dies," Taeyeon mumbled.

"Then you can cry on my shoulder," Tiffany replied, wrapping an arm around Taeyeon's shoulders. She heard Sunny snicker from beside her, but ignored it. She was too focused on the way Taeyeon's breath hit her arm, completely off-beat from how her heart was beating against her chest.

 

**

 

The little girl didn't die, but Taeyeon cried nonetheless. Tiffany didn't mind; she felt her eyes welling up with tears as well, but she held it in as she pulled Taeyeon in and rubbed her arm soothingly.

"It was a happy ending," she said. Taeyeon nodded wordlessly. The ending credits scrolled up the screen and Sunny and Sooyoung stood up while Taeyeon and Tiffany remained sitting.

Sunny looked at the two, who were basically cuddling, and smiled. "I'm gonna go to the restroom. Come with me. Syoo."

Sooyoung noticed that Sunny leaving in order to give Taeyeon and Tiffany some alone time, but she didn't bother asking why. She was too busy complaining about how they had run out of nachos before the movie even started and how they should've gone with the popcorn instead.

Tiffany smiled and pulled Taeyeon in closer. "Feeling better?"

Taeyeon nodded. "It was a good movie," she said. 

"Yeah, it was." Tiffany looked around to find the theater nearly empty. "Let's get out of here before the employees kick is out."

And with that, she stood up, extending a hand for Taeyeon to take.

Taeyeon looked at the hand and seemed to be contemplating something before taking it. Tiffany gave her hand a squeeze as they walked out the theater to meet Sunny and Sooyoung outside the restroom.

 

**

 

"So how about a dinner and then we open our presents?" Sunny suggested as they walked around the snow sheeted city of Seoul.

Sooyoung blew a breath of warm air into her palms before rubbing them together. "Korean barbecue?"

Sunny smiled. "Sounds good to me." She looked back at Taeyeon and Tiffany who were trailing behind her. "What do you guys think?"

The two hadn't been paying attention to the conversation. Instead, they were lost in their own world, smiling and laughing giddily.

"Stop flirting for a second and pay attention," Sunny scolded. The duo looked at her before looking away, a small smile playing on their lips.

"We weren't flirting," Taeyeon muttered in defense.

"Jealous, Sunbun?" Tiffany teased, trying to change the topic.

Sunny rolled her eyes. "Yes, very jealous," she replied with much intended sarcasm.

"Anyway," Sooyoung interrupted, "you guys want some Korean barbecue?"

"Why do you call it Korean barbecue? We're in Korea; of course it's Korean," Taeyeon asked.

Sooyoung smiled sheepishly. "That California roll rubbed off on me."

Tiffany's mouth dropped. "Did you just call me a California roll?!"

Sunny burst out laughing. "Oh my God. That's genius!" She gave Sooyoung a high five and some more words of praise, earning a glare and a pout from Tiffany.

Taeyeon smiled. "It's a cute nickname," she said.

"It sounds like an insult."

"It is. But it's a cute one."

Tiffany grinned and gave Taeyeon's hand a squeeze.

 

**

 

"Presents, presents, presents!" Sooyoung chanted as she opened the door to the dorm.

"So do we open them at midnight?" Tiffany asked. "Don't people usually open them on Christmas morning?"

"Yeah, but we're too impatient for that. Plus our parents aren't here to stop us from doing so."

Tiffany sighed. "Yeah, I guess."

Sunny wrapped an arm around Tiffany's shoulders. "No sulking! I'm sure we'd all prefer to spend Christmas with our families, but we're family now, so it up!"

The girls smiled. "It would've been nice to spend time with my family, but it has been a fun break. I wouldn't change it if I could," Taeyeon said. Tiffany and Sooyoung nodded beside her.

"Good. Now go get the presents," Sunny commanded.

The girls rushed through the door and hurriedly took out the presents that they had set aside time to wrap. They sat down on the mattresses and placed the presents in the middle.

"Three more minutes until midnight," Taeyeon said, looking at the clock on her phone.

Sunny stared at the big box that stood out from the rest of the presents. "Yah, we've been best friends for years and you decide to give Sooyoung a giant present?" she asked Tiffany.

Sooyoung smirked. "Looks like I'm her favorite now."

Sunny frowned. "No, I am."

"I practically live with her," Sooyoung argued. "I am."

The shorter of the two turned to Tiffany with a frown. "Who's your favorite, Fany-ah?" she asked with some aegyo.

Tiffany smiled mischievously. "Neither of you."

"Then is it me?" Taeyeon asked playfully, leaning in closer to Tiffany and batting her eyelashes.

Tiffany chuckled nervously and leaned away from the inquisitive girl. "I-I don't have a favorite."

Taeyeon giggled and backed away from Tiffany after seeing how nervous she was. "You're my favorite, Fany-ah," she said quietly.

Tiffany didn't know what to say. She sat there stunned before Sunny spoke up. "Yah, shorty! I live with you!"

"So?"

"So I should be your favorite!"

Taeyeon shook her head. "Nope. Not even close."

Sooyoung sighed. "We can be each other's favorites, Sunny. No one loves us enough," she said dramatically, wiping away a fake tear.

Taeyeon rolled her eyes and checked the time again. "Merry Christmas!" she shouted.

The girls broke out in smiles. "Merry Christmas!" they all shouted.

"Me first!" Sooyoung yelled, reaching for the huge present from Tiffany.

While everyone was anticipating to see what was inside, Tiffany leaned over to whisper to Taeyeon, "Don't open your presents now."

"The ones you gave me?"

Tiffany nodded. "I... I want to tell you something."

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany curiously for a moment. "Okay," she replied.

"Oh my God! You're my favorite, Fany!" Sooyoung squealed while hugging her present.

Sunny's mouth was wide open. "I can't believe you got her a cotton candy machine."

"You should see what I got you," Tiffany said, smiling widely.

Sunny's eyes lit up and she immediately unwrapped her present from Tiffany. "You didn't!" she gasped.

"I did."

"But-but how?!"

"I know a guy."

"It was sold out!"

Tiffany grinned. "Yup, but with looks like mine, you can get anything you want."

Sunny's smile grew wider. "I'm going to ignore that self praise, because this is amazing, Fany-ah. Thank you!"

"As long as you don't play it while we're all sleeping tonight," Tiffany warned jokingly.

Sunny pulled her into a hug. "Not possible."

Sooyoung sighed. "Wow, I can't top that," she said. "Animal Crossing? She's been wanting that game since forever!"

Sunny looked at a similarly shaped present from Sooyoung. "You got me a game too, Syoo?"

Sooyoung pouted. "Yeah, but you won't get excited over it like you did with Animal Crossing."

"I get excited over all games," she corrected before opening the present from Sooyoung. "Whoa! Pokemon X!"

Sooyoung bit her lip. "So you like it?" she hesitantly asked.

"I love it," the shorter girl replied in a heartbeat.

The taller girl smiled to herself before turning to Taeyeon and Tiffany. "You guys should open some of your presents too," she suggested.

"Let's just open all our presents," Tiffany said as she began peeling off the wrappers.

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N: Okaaay, I gotta put this out there: Jessica won't be appearing until later in the fic, so if you can't wait that long then go ahead and unsubscribe. I've tried to change the entire plot just because so many of you were complaining about Jessica not appearing, which led me to postpone this chapter. She will appear, and I've said many times before that it'll take a few more chapters before she does. You don't need to bear with it if you don't want to--just unsub.

Well, that's all I had to say. Hope you enjoyed this chapter even though it lacked Jessica.