The Game

Color My World

Special thanks to yellove for upvoting! Thanks ^^

 


 

"Have I told you that you look incredibly beautiful in the sunlight?" Sooyoung complimented.

Tiffany rolled her eyes. "What do you want?"

"Can you please take over the ticket stand for me tonight? Pretty please?" Sooyoung begged, her hands clasped together.

Tiffany sighed. "I ran the ticket stand last time."

"But you get to watch the game for free if you go!"

"I never watch the games. You know I don't like sports; and neither does Taeyeon, so we never go."

"Please Fany-ah? I'll take over your turn next time."

"Why do you need me to take over the stand? Are you going somewhere?"

Sooyoung rubbed the back of her neck sheepishly. "Uh," she bit her lip. "I kind of have a date."

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. "A date? With Sunny?"

Sooyoung's eyes widened in shock. "No! Of course not! I told you--I'm straight. 100% straight!"

Tiffany grinned. "Not even half gay?"

"No!"

"Are you sure?"

Sooyoung groaned in frustration. "Are you gonna help me or not?!"

Tiffany sighed and ran a hand through her hair. "Even though you asked so rudely, I guess I'll take over for you."

Sooyoung let out a squeal and squeezed Tiffany in a hug. "Thanks, Fany! I owe you one!"

"Yeah, yeah. What game are we selling tickets for?"

"Soccer at six, so get there a bit earlier."

"I know, I know."

"You're the best, you know that?"

"Well, obviously."

 

**

 

Tiffany found Sunny in the cafeteria after her conversation with Sooyoung and walked over to her with a teasing smile. "So I heard you were going on a date tonight." Sunny's eyes widened. "Sooyoung had that same reaction," Tiffany mused.

"We aren't dating!"

"I never said you were, but this just about confirms it."

Sunny groaned. "It's just a friendly dinner. It's not even a date."

"That's not what she said," Tiffany teased, a mischievous grin playing on her lips.

"She told you we were going on a date?!"

"Nope. But she's a terrible liar."

Sunny rubbed her temples. "I am going to kill her," she muttered.

Tiffany rubbed Sunny's back. "Don't worry," she said. "I'll keep it a secret."

Sunny hummed in reply. "Aren't you supposed to be selling tickets tonight?"

"Yup. Who are we even playing against?"

"I'm pretty sure it's Ouran. You should ask Yoona, though. She's manager of the soccer club after all."

Tiffany hummed. "I don't even like soccer... or sports in general."

"You should actually try going to the games to support our school. I even drag Taeyeon along."

Tiffany's ears perked at the mention of Taeyeon. "How is she? Still sick?"

Sunny took a bite of her sandwich and shrugged. "She's been sleeping all day," she answered. "I think she's feeling better, though."

Tiffany nodded and sighed in relief. "That's why she hasn't been answering my texts." She promptly stood up and swung her backpack over her shoulder. "I'll swing by tonight," she said. "I should go set up the table now."

"See you later then."

"Have fun on your date!"

"It's not a date!"

 

**

 

"The ticket table is now closed, and the game starts in ten minutes. Please make your way to the bleachers."

Tiffany closed the money box and handed it to the club commissioner. "Don't let that out of your sight," she said. "I'll clean up here." The girl nodded in understanding before walking away, leaving Tiffany alone at the table. She heaved a sigh as she flipped the portable table over to fold.

"Need some help?" a voice rang.

Tiffany didn't bother looking up, assuming that it was one of her fellow student council members. "I'm good here, thanks." She placed the folded table onto the cart and proceeded to fold the chairs when the voice spoke again.

"I'm Jessica," the stranger introduced.

Tiffany held back a groan. The only thought on her mind was to go sit down and maybe watch the game. The last thing she wanted to do was start a conversation with a stranger. Reluctantly, she looked up to face the girl. "I'm Tiff--" Tiffany nearly all at once stopped breathing when she saw the stranger. fell agape as her eyes roamed the girl's figure.

"Tiffany, right?" Tiffany could only dumbly nod in response and the girl smiled "I'll see you around, Tiffany," she said before promptly walking away.

Tiffany regained her senses and called after her. "W-wait!"

Jessica turned around with a playful smile. "I have a game to go to. You'll be watching, won't you?"

Tiffany didn't have time to answer before Jessica walked away, the number 22 on her jersey fading into the distance.

 

**

 

"Ticket, please," Yuri said as Tiffany walked toward the bleachers.

Tiffany stopped briefly. "I worked the table today."

Yuri grinned. "I know; I was just messing with you. Go ahead."

Tiffany gave a small smile and brushed past Yuri before quickly finding a seat in the middle of the bleachers. She frantically scanned the field in search for Jessica. She had always hated crowded places like these. The various colors from huge groups of people blur together and her eyes felt heavy as a result. She squinted her eyes close for a moment before opening them and readjusting them to the sea of rainbow she was standing in.

"Hey, you okay?" she heard a voice asked. She removed her gaze from the field and turned to see Yoona standing beside her.

Tiffany nodded and turned her attention back to the field. "Yeah. I just--"

Yoona furrowed her eyebrows. "Unnie?"

"Who's that? The one over there," Tiffany pointed to the far left of the field where a girl was dribbling the ball. "Number 22."

Yoona looked down at her clipboard. "Uh, Jung Jessica," she answered. "Why?"

"What school is that?"

"Ouran." Yoona looked at Tiffany strangely. "Are you okay, unnie? What's up with these questions?"

Tiffany shook her head. "No, I mean yeah. I'm okay. I'm just... I don't know," Tiffany paused for a moment. "Can I go down to see the players?"

"You want to see the players?" Yoona raised an eyebrow.

"It'd be a good idea to wish them good luck, right?"

"Uh, sure. Come," she said, "the game starts in five minutes."

Tiffany walked down the bleachers and toward the benches where the players were seated. "Err," she began awkwardly, "good luck and have fun."

The soccer players stared at her in confusion before breaking out in a smile. "Thanks," some of them said.

Tiffany stood beside Yoona and watched as the coach gave the players a pep talk. "Hwaiting!" they all cheered before jogging off to the field.

Ten minutes into the game and Tiffany could tell that Jessica was an exceptionally skilled player. She had a feeling, though, that the girl was looking at her every now and then.

"Number 22 is pretty good," Yoona mused as she watched. "We're lucky to have her."

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows and looked at Yoona questioningly. "What do you mean? She's on the other team."

Yoona nodded. "Yes, but we offered her a scholarship here and she accepted. This will be her last game with Ouran." Tiffany didn't know what to say and Yoona chuckled at the shock on her face. "Surprised?"

"I didn't know we offered scholarships to recruit new soccer players," Tiffany said, although that wasn't why she was shocked.

Yoona shrugged. "She's an exception."

Tiffany chewed on her bottom lip. "When is she transferring over?"

"I guess she'll be here by Monday." Yoona stared at Tiffany for a moment. "Why do you care so much about her?"

"I don't--I just... She talked to me earlier." Tiffany sighed. "I don't know. It was weird."

"Hm, well don't let it bother you. I've talked to her already and she seems fine."

Tiffany watched as Jessica ran across the field, scoring yet another goal. "Yeah," she mumbled.

 

 


 

 

A/N: Jessica's finally here! But why is Tiffany so interested? Ohoho...

I didn't really know whether or not to make Jessica shy or rebellious... I originally introduced her as shy, but it didn't feel right, so I kind of changed it. I guess from this chapter you can say that her personality is... mysterious and confident?

Anyway, most of you are back in school and so am I, but I'll try not to delay updates too much. Thanks for reading ^^