The Sleepover (part 1)

Color My World

Special thanks to chyler25 and melinsanchez for upvoting! Thanks guys ^^

 


 

It was winter break, and like the past two winter breaks since she had met Taeyeon, they spent every day together. It was a two week break away from school and most were back at home with their families. Tiffany and Taeyeon weren't like most students. In fact, they were part of the few students left on campus. Luckily for them, that also included their roommates. Sunny's family was currently residing in the states, much like Tiffany's. Taeyeon's parents were a six hour drive away in Jeonju. And Sooyoung, Tiffany's roommate, was left on campus as her parents toured universities with her older sister.

Left alone during the holiday season, the girls decided to have one big sleepover. It was a lot of work, and by the time they were done, Tiffany and Sooyoung's dorm was covered in mattresses. They had taken apart their twin sized beds and propped up the frames against the wall, offering them more space for the four mattresses that now lay side by side.

Tiffany heaved a loud sigh as she threw the last of the pillows onto the mattresses. "I don't care how cold it is outside," she said, "I want some patbingsoo." She wiped away the brow of sweat.

Sunny threw an arm around Tiffany's shoulder, causing the latter's weary knees to nearly buckle. "Let's go get some patbingsoo and some snacks."

Sooyoung rubbed her aching shoulder and nodded. "I could go for a snack."

Sunny rolled her eyes. "You could always go for a snack," she teased.

Tiffany wriggled her way out of Sunny's chokehold and walked up next to Taeyeon as they made their way out of the dorm. "Tired?" she asked.

Taeyeon pouted and nodded. "Next time, this will be done at our dorm and you'll be the one who has to drag your mattress all the way there."

Tiffany chuckled and grabbed Taeyeon's hand, feigning nonchalance as Taeyeon gave her a questioning look. "It was hard work disassembling the beds, you know."

Taeyeon merely shook her head and smiled, her eyes trailing to their clasped hands.

Sunny led the way out of the school, the four of them welcoming the chill of Seoul after their hard work renovating. The girls decided to buy the patbingsoo last, in fear that it will melt as they shop, so they first stopped at a food stand not far away and ordered three servings of dukkboki. They would've only ordered two, but considering the appetite Sooyoung had, another serving was added just to be safe.

When they made their way into a convenience store nearby and bought a jug of orange juice. Sooyoung had also picked out a few bags of chips that she insisted were necessary.

Tiffany browsed the aisles, her hand still holding Taeyeon's. She liked this feeling. It wasn't uncommon for girls to hold hands with their female friends Korea, but she imagined Taeyeon as something more, and it made her smile.

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow when she saw the giddy smile that Tiffany's lips had pulled into. "Why are you smiling?"

"You want me to stop smiling?"

Taeyeon shook her head. "Of course not," she replied almost immediately, and Tiffany could've sworn that Taeyeon had also muttered something along the lines of, "I love your smile."

Taeyeon stopped by the fridge glass fridge at the back of the store and surveyed the contents.

"You want something?" Tiffany asked as she opened the fridge with her free hand. Taeyeon reached for a pack of small strawberry milk boxes, earning a curious gaze from Tiffany. "I didn't know you liked strawberry milk."

Taeyeon smiled and gestured for Tiffany to close the door. "I don't," she answered, "but you do."

Tiffany felt the stupid flying insects in her stomach again and looked away as a blush crept up her cheeks. "Let's go pay," she said, ignoring Taeyeon's dimple that had appeared.

 

**

 

Sooyoung fell back onto her mattress and groaned. "I'm stuffed."

"You practically had an entire plate of dukkboki to yourself, not to mention the chips and other snacks you bought," Sunny ranted.

Sooyoung frowned and threw a pillow at the short girl, thus causing the start of a pillow fight.

Tiffany threw Taeyeon a pillow and together, they teamed up against the shikshin and the danshin. Screams and laughter erupted as they jumped from mattress to mattress, slapping each other with pillows.

"You hit like a girl!" Sunny yelled as Tiffany smacked her with a pillow.

"I am a girl!" Tiffany retorted. "What's your excuse?"

Sooyoung burst out laughing at the insult. "She got you there, Sunkyu!" Sunny turned to the tall girl with a scowl and proceeded to land pillow punches on her.

"Ow! Stop it! We're supposed to be a team!" Sooyoung yelled, using her arms as an attempt to shield herself.

"Every man for himself now!" Sunny declared.

Tiffany and Taeyeon turned to look at each other with raised eyebrows before a mischievous smirk grew on the faces.

Tiffany sent her pillow flying hard against Taeyeon's shoulder, nearly topping the girl over. Taeyeon regained composure and looked at Tiffany with vengeful eyes. "Oh, you'll get it now, Hwang Miyoung," she threatened.

"Bring it on, Kim Taeyeon!"

The two fought a heated battle, hopping from mattress to mattress as they avoided each other's attacks. Taeyeon took a step forward in an attempt to attack, but lost her footing in the gap between the mattresses and fell forward onto Tiffany.

They landed onto another mattress with a thud. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany with worried eyes, afraid that she was hurt when she didn't say anything. "Are you okay?" she asked. She had landed on Tiffany, but the pillow Tiffany had been using as a weapon was wedged between them.

Tiffany could feel Taeyeon's ragged breath on her lips and looked away. "Y-yeah," she answered. "You?"

Taeyeon sat up when she saw Tiffany's discomfort. "Yeah," she said. She stood up and offered Tiffany a hand, which she took and they turned to see Sunny and Sooyoung staring at them with grins plastered to their faces.

"What?" Tiffany asked, knowing full well why they were smiling.

"Nothing," Sooyoung replied nonchalantly. "Just watching you two each other."

Tiffany's cheeks grew red. "We weren't groping!"

Sooyoung chuckled. "Well then we were watching you two do whatever it is you kids do these days."

"We weren't doing anything!" Taeyeon defended this time. "I just fell."

"Onto Tiffany," Sunny noted.

Tiffany glanced at Taeyeon, who now had equally red cheeks and smiled before turning to glare at Sooyoung and Sunny. "Knock it off, you two."

The two looked at each other and smiled knowingly. "Someone's protective," Sooyoung mumbled, causing Sunny to giggle. Luckily, her words went unnoticed to the blushing duo.

 

 

TBC

 

 


 

 

A/N: You're tired of Taeny, aren't you? Well it up! Those of you waiting for Jessica to appear... well, you're going to have to wait a bit longer. She won't appear until after a few more chapters hehe. So most of you want in this fic, which is good because I've already written it, but that won't show up until a bit later~