The Talk

Color My World

Special thanks to fairylust, SyS9265, byuntaeng98, flipthecoin and JoeySpirit for upvoting! Thanks guys ^^

 


 

"You like her," Sunny voiced as she watched Taeyeon and Sooyoung put the cotton candy machine together.

Tiffany didn't bother denying. There was no use hiding anything from Sunny anyway. "Yeah."

"Are you going to tell her?"

Tiffany thought for a moment. "No," she sighed. "I don't know."

"How do you think she'd react?"

Tiffany shook her head and stuffed her hands into her pockets. "I have no idea."

Sunny patted Tiffany's shoulder. "Well, whatever you decide, just know that I'll be here for you."

That made Tiffany smile. "Thanks, Sunny."

 

**

 

Tiffany watched as Taeyeon flipped through her journal, smiling at the little drawings Tiffany had drawn on some pages.

"Tae, can we talk?"

Taeyeon looked up at a nervous Tiffany. She closed the journal and set it aside. "Sure. About what?"

Tiffany walked to the door and pulled it open. "Let's get some ice cream."

"In this weather?"

"You never say no to ice cream."

Taeyeon chuckled and hopped off her bed. "True."

They walked in silence toward the streets and entered an small ice cream parlor that they often visited on their free time. The owner noticed them walk in and smiled. "The usual?"

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon, who nodded, before nodding as well. They grabbed the cups of ice cream that was handed to them, and when Tiffany attempted to pay, the owner stopped her, saying that it was on the house in spirit of the holidays. Tiffany smiled gratefully and sat down in front of Taeyeon before handing her the cup of ice cream and a spoon.

"We should really try new flavors," Taeyeon said as she scooped out a bit of the strawberry ice cream from Tiffany's cup.

"Says the one who insists on getting pistachio every time."

"Don't act like you don't like it." Taeyeon waved a spoonful of pistachio ice cream in front of Tiffany's mouth and Tiffany rolled her eyes before taking it between her lips.

Taeyeon brought the spoon back into before taking another scoop of ice cream, and Tiffany didn't fail to notice that. It made her feel giddy inside, seeing that it was somewhat of an indirect kiss.

"What did you want to talk about?" Taeyeon asked as she stole another scoop of strawberry ice cream from Tiffany's cup.

Tiffany looked at their cups for a moment before shaking her head. "Let's finish eating first." Taeyeon gave her a weird look but shrugged it off.

They finished their ice cream with occasional talk of random events and news about other people. When their conversation had died down, Taeyeon brought their cups to the trash and they walked out of the ice cream parlor with arms linked. Taeyeon had suggested to go to the park, so they made their way there.

They stopped by a bench in the middle of the park and sat quietly for a moment.

"Tae--"

"Tiff--"

They both began, accidentally cutting each other off. Taeyeon laughed and shook her head. "You go first."

Tiffany bit her lip nervously. "Taeyeon, I... I don't really know how to say this. I had this whole speech written out and I practiced this in front of there mirror and everything, but I--I just suddenly forgot it all."

Taeyeon smiled and tucked a strand of hair behind Tiffany's ear. "I think I know what you're trying to say."

Tiffany sighed and looked away. "I doubt it."

"Really? So you weren't going to say something along the lines of 'I like you more than a friend'?"

Tiffany stared at Taeyeon with wide eyes. "W-what?"

"That's what you were going to say, right?"

Tiffany looked down and bit her lip before nodding, her face a deep red. There was no turning back now.

Taeyeon placed a hand on Tiffany cheek, urging Tiffany to look at her. "Why are you so nervous?"

Tiffany avoided Taeyeon's eyes. "You can't expect me to stay calm after I just--well after you just confessed to yourself for me."

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow and chuckled. "That made no sense."

Tiffany sighed and removed Taeyeon's hand from her cheek. "Tae--I just... I like you. A lot, okay? And I guess you know that now and it's okay if you don't feel the same way." Tiffany took a deep breath. "I just wanted to tell you."

"What if I said I feel the same way?"

Tiffany furrowed her eyebrows. "Then I would have some trouble believing you."

"Why?"

"Because you're--you're a girl and I'm a girl and you're not--" Tiffany paused for a moment, fidgeting in her seat. "You don't see girls that way."

Taeyeon took Tiffany's hands into her own. "Maybe I don't see girls that way," she began, "but I see you that way." Tiffany looked up at her with wide eyes, and Taeyeon took the opportunity to lean in and place a very quick, very chaste kiss on Tiffany's lips. Before Tiffany could even register what had happen, Taeyeon had pulled away. "Do you believe me now?"

Tiffany didn't answer. All she could feel was the pounding of her heart. All she could focus on were the pink lips in front of her. And all she wanted to do was kiss Taeyeon again. So she did. And again. And again.

Taeyeon pulled away, breathless and pleasantly surprised. She didn't know where Tiffany got the courage, but she welcomed it. "What does this mean?" she asked. "Where do we stand now?"

Tiffany leaned her forehead against Taeyeon's and smiled. "I'll be your girlfriend if you agree to be mine," she replied.

Taeyeon grinned and pressed their lips together for the nth time. "Deal," she whispered.

 

**

 

When Sunny opened the door to her dorm, she was greeted with a sleeping Taeyeon in Tiffany's arms. She closed the door gently and looked at Tiffany with raised eyebrows. "Anything you want to tell me?"

Tiffany grinned widely. "This is exactly what it looks like."

Sunny smiled and nodded. "So you two are together? Like... officially?"

Tiffany nodded. "I sort of confessed today." She inhaled deeply when she remembered that it was techincally Taeyeon who confessed. "It surprisingly went well."

"I'm proud of you, you know that?"

"The talk I had with you helped," Tiffany looked at Sunny gratefully. "So you thank you."

Sunny sighed. "Well, you can thank me by warning me if you guys ever decide to get frisky in the future."

Tiffany turned red and shook her head. "ert," she muttered.

 

 


 

 

A/N: Woooow it has been a long time. I'm terrible, I know. But if there are still any readers out there... here's an update lol. I think I'll have Jessica show up in the next update since I've decided to fast forward the story a bit. Please don't kill me just yet, Jeti shippers... at least I'm cutting out some Taeny moments for you guys...

Happy holidays ^^