The Banter

Color My World

Special thanks to nomey32 and krizylracasa14 for upvoting! Thanks guys ^^

 


 

"Are you feeling better?" Tiffany asked as she placed the palm of her hand over Taeyeon's forehead.

Taeyeon shook her head. "I was feeling better until Sunny gave me all the class work and homework I need to finish."

Sunny rolled her eyes. "You're not even sick anymore," she retorted. "You just want Tiffany to baby you."

Tiffany laughed and wrapped an arm around Taeyeon as they laid down on Taeyeon's bed, cuddling. "You're just jealous that Sooyoung doesn't coddle you like this."

Sunny rolled her eyes. "Yeah right."

The couple snickered. "Oh yeah, how did your date go?"

"First off, it wasn't a date. And second, it went fine." Sunny answered shortly.

"Oh? Just 'fine'? It wasn't magical or anything like that? Did you guys not kiss?"

"Of course we didn't! That's--that's--why would we even kiss? It wasn't even a date."

"All right. No need to get defensive," Tiffany said. "But honestly, and I mean honestly, even if you two deny that it was a date, you like each other, right?"

Sunny didn't reply right away. She shrugged and leaned her chair back in thought. "I don't know. Maybe. I mean, I enjoy her presence and all, but I don't know if I like her in that way. It's hard to tell the difference, you know?"

Tiffany was about to reply but Taeyeon spoke up first. "Well, when I realized that Tiffany liked me, that was when I realized that I liked her too. I guess it's our brain trying to prevent us from being hurt, so a confirmation that the person you like also likes you is when your brain says 'okay go for it!'"

Tiffany looked at Taeyeon in surprise. "When did you know? Wait, you liked me?"

Taeyeon's eyebrows furrowed and she chuckled. "Of course I knew and of course I liked you! What makes you think I agreed to be your girlfriend if I didn't like you?"

"Oh, right," Tiffany said sheepishly, prompting Taeyeon to peck her lips.

"Tiffany, you've always been so obvious. I mean, even I knew that you liked her." Tiffany stuck her tongue out. "Thanks for the words of wisdom, Taengoo, but it's not like I can just find out whether or not she likes me."

"We'll find out for you! Don't worry, I am the best at playing Cupid," Tiffany said eagerly as she pulled out her phone.

"What are you--"

"Hey, Soo! Nope, just chilling. Anyway, Sunny told me how your date went, and before you try to correct me, she explicitly told me that it was a date," Tiffany began, a mischievous grin on her face. Sunny was fuming.

"You are so dead," Sunny mouthed. She wanted to pull the phone away from Tiffany, but then she would have to explain to Sooyoung why she did that and she really didn't want to talk to the tall girl right now.

"Yeah, I'm serious. Yeah, I think so." Tiffany paused to let Sooyoung speak. "I promise. You know I can keep secrets." Tiffany turned to Sunny with raised eyebrows. "Really? Yeah, of course! Yeah. Gotcha. Anyway, I gotta go now. Tae wants to make out." Taeyeon sent a smack to Tiffany's arm, earning a small hiss and a chuckle from the latter. "Talk to you later, Soo!"

Tiffany placed a phone inside her pocket and looked up to see two girls glaring at her. "What?"

"'Tae wants to make out'?! Really?!" Tayeon screeched.

"I did not explicitly tell you that it was a date!" Sunny fumed.

Tiffany kissed Taeyeon's temple. "You always want to make out," she whispered with a smirk, effectively causing Taeyeon to turn red. "And you," Tiffany said, turning toward Sunny, "you need to get your feelings sorted out."

"Why? What did you tell her?"

"Just," Tiffany paused. "Just follow your heart, mkay?"

Sunny's eyebrows drew together. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Trust me. Follow your heart."

The short girl was about to retort, but decided it was useless to do so. In the end, Sunny just sighed and nodded and walked back to her desk before plugging in her earphones.

Taeyeon looked at Tiffany quizzically. "What did you tell Sooyoung?"

"You'll see."

Taeyeon rolled her eyes. "You're keeping secrets from me now?"

Tiffany grinned. "Just this once," she answered. She placed her palm against Taeyeon's cheek. "Well your temperature doesn't seem so bad anymore," she noted. "I guess you have to start on your homework now."

Taeyeon groaned and snuggled in closer to Tiffany. "I'll do it later."

"Nope. You're doing it now or else I'm going back to my dorm." Taeyeon looked up and shot Tiffany a glare. "I mean it," Tiffany said sternly.

Taeyeon sat up in defeat and reached for the stack of papers on her nightstand. "Fine," she mumbled.

Tiffany smiled and pressed a kiss to Taeyeon's temple. "Hey, where's my journal?"

Taeyeon opened her nightstand drawer and handed Tiffany a familiar journal. "You haven't written in it since you gave it to me," she said when she saw Tiffany reach for a pen.

Tiffany nodded. "I know, but I met this girl today."

Taeyeon raised an eyebrow. "Should I be worried?" she asked playfully.

"Definitely. She's super hot and I think she's American--oh and she's got these huge, voluptuous--"

"Yah!" Taeyeon yelled. "Are you trying to make me jealous because it's not working."

"Oh yeah? Then why are you frowning?"

"I'm not."

"You're sulking."

"No I'm not."

"Oh, so you don't mind if I tell you about her huge, bouncy, perky--"

"Don't you dare finish that sentence."

Tiffany saw the pout on Taeyeon's lips and snickered. "All right, all right. I was just kidding," she said.

"Mhm."

"Taeyeon."

"What?"

"You're mad."

"Of course I'm mad. You were going on and on about this girl's big, juicy--"

"I was kidding! Really! Come on, I don't even like s. I'm more of a girl," Tiffany said, sneakily sliding her arm around Taeyeon's waist, her hand inching down toward Taeyeon's .

Taeyeon tried to maintain her stern expression, but broke out in a smile when Tiffany's hand slid under her and gave it a squeeze. "Yah! ert!" she yelled.

Tiffany quickly pecked Taeyeon's lips before removing her hand. "Okay, but seriously, Tae, I really did meet a girl today."

"What's so special about her that you have to write in your journal?" Taeyeon glanced at Sunny, who was playing on her phone and still listening to her music. "Is it her color? Is it different?" she asked in a lower voice.

Tiffany shook her head and began to write in her journal. "Not really. Well, I don't know. Maybe." Tiffany answered shortly. "I don't know. It was weird," she finished with a shrug.

Taeyeon, sensing that Tiffany didn't want to talk the colors, changed the topic. "Have you talked to her yet?"

"Sort of. She just came up to me and introduced herself. Turns out she's from Ouran's soccer team." Tiffany closed her journal and rested her head on Taeyeon's shoulder. "She's going to transfer to our school by this weekend."

"She's going to transfer? Why? Ouran's soccer team is so much better than ours."

Tiffany raised an eyebrow. "Yoona said she got a full scholarship here--wait how do you know that?"

Taeyeon shrugged. "Sunny's a fan of one of the girls on their team."

Tiffany laughed. "She's gay. You know she's gay."

"Oh, totally. Sooyoung has some competition." They shared a laugh before lying back on the bed together. "So are you going to talk to her when she gets here?"

"I have no idea. She said that she'll see me around, so I have a feeling that she knows something," Tiffany sighed. "Ah, I don't know. Whatever."

Taeyeon nodded. "Well, if you ever need to run your thoughts by me, I'm here."

Tiffany smiled gratefully. "I know. Thanks , Tae." They stayed silent for a moment and just as Taeyeon was about to doze off, Tiffany pinched her arm. "Nice try, but go do your homework."

Taeyeon groaned and sat up again to do her homework and to mumble curses at Sunny.

 

 

 


 

 

 

A/N: I'm back! Sorry I took so long... I've been spending too much time writing the rated chapters (because those chapters are so much more fun to write ;D ). Anyway, hope you liked this update. Kind of a filler, I guess. BUT! The next update will definitely have more Jessica, so just you wait and see ^^