Six

Of Buns and Deers

tumblr_mt65lrKjKT1sir7iyo2_1280.jpg

(I'm sorry but this is amazing OK?OK.)

Kai hugged his precious dolls and sobbed. He grabbed a tissue from one of the boxes that surrounded him and blew his nose. "Why did it have to be him...? Why not me instead?" The bakery table and chair looked at Kai sympathetically.

The back door opened, Kyungsoo walked in carrying bags of groceries. "Kai, I'm back!"

Kai blew his nose loudly and threw himself onto Kyungsoo. He sobbed into the other's shoulder.

"You're getting snot all over me" Kyungsoo said flatly, and shoved Kai off him. He set the groceries down and looked at his husband, who was dressed in a funeral suit. "Did someone die? Where's Sehun?...What did you do now?" Kyungsoo said, jumping to conclusions.

"The...the bae of all the baes...he's...he's gone!" Kai blubbered, before bursting into tears again. "The poor deer! The poor, poor, deer! My precious Lay is dead!" 

Kyungsoo stared at Kai.

Was this really the man he chose to marry. Of all the people in the world, he had to fall in love with this guy. Wasn't he lucky.

"Um...just...here, you sit down and play with your dolls, and I'll bake you some cookies, okay?"

"Cookies! Kai loves cookies!" Kai said, the reason behind his tears already forgotten. He sat down in the corner and starting brushing his dolls' hair.

Kyungsoo watched his husband with a blank expression on his face. He stood there for a moment before grabbing a bowl out of the cupboard. He hated his life.

*******


It was around three on a Sunday afternoon. This time, everyday, couples came and met with the orphanage's children. Chanyeol sighed as he combed his hair. He knew he wouldn't be adopted. No one wanted children his age, they preffered the little kids. He had to admit though, playing pranks on the possible adopters were incredibly fun. He looked at his bruished face once more in the mirror, before he tucked in his shirt, and walked out the door.

"Chanyeol!" A voice called from behind him. Chanyeol started shaking at the familiar voice. He turned around, not at all happy to see who it was.

"It's me! Baekhyun, from yesterday! Remember?" Baekhyun said happily.

"Oh yeah. How could I forget? N-nice eyeliner by the way, it suits you!" Chanyeol lied. He definetely didn't want a repeat of yesterday. He shuddered at the thought of it. Instinctively, Chanyeol touched a few of the more tender bruises and winced.

"I know! I'm gorgeous! Right? Tell me I'm gorgeous!"  Baekhyun said, flipping his hair and smiling as widely as he could. See, his anti-fan already was converted!

"You are prettyl!" Chanyeol admitted, his lips curved upwards slightly. He had to say, Baekhyun was kind of adorable. Chanyeol turned his head in an attempt to his obvious blush. Then he remembered what Baekhyun did yesterday and he repositioned his face into a frown again.

Baekhyun smirked knowingly. He knew the other boy didn't mean what he said last time. No one could hate him, he was just too perfect.

*****

Key walked around the orphanage. He studied each and every child (who all thought he was a little weird, especially when Key started measuring their faces and tsking when he found some of their's to be asymmetrical.). Key just couldn't find the right one. None of the children seemed to connect with the diva's personality.

"Yah, Jonghyun!" Key yelled at his husband, who wasn't able to keep up with his confident gait, "Will you hurry up? You're so slow! Aren't short people supposed to be fast. Ugh, honestly, people these days." Key hairflipped.

Jonghyun pouted. "Maybe we should go home, its been, like, three hours. We'll try again some other time." 

"No way!" Key scoffed. "We haven't seen all of them, the right child is out there somewhere! Please! I really want a son!" Key urged.

"But... Suho's the sun! It's impossible to take the sun!" Jonghyun stated matter of factly.

Everyone knew Suho was the sun.

"But if you really want him, I'll get him for you." Jonghyun said honestly.

"What? What are you talking about? Who's Suho? Like the sun in the sky?" Key questioned.

"The sun!" Jonghyun confirmed.

Key tilted his head in confusion. "The sun has a son?"

Jonghyun facepalmed. "You're just not cut out for the brilliance that is the sun." The dino man shook his head disapprovingly, "It's a shame...and you had so much potential." 
 
Key ignored his husband. Jonghyun had a habit of talking too much. Key grabbed the other's hand and dragged him into one of the orphanage's massive courtyards. "Ugh, its so ugly...right, Jonghyun? Who's the architect? I need to speak with him, right now."

There was no answer. "Jonghyun! Answer me when I call you!" Key exclaimed. He turned around. The short dino man was nowhere to be seen.

The diva sighed dramatically. "I'm too perfect to deal with this crap." Key reassured himself.

He looked around, a bottle of eyeliner caught his eye. His eyes filled with lust and the diva sashayed over to it.    

****

Baekhyun sat on a bench, next to his precious bottle of eyeliner. He took out a mini mirror from his pocket and looked at himself. He marveled at his reflection. He always managed to amaze himself with his beauty, even after eleven years of looking at himself. He heard footsteps behind him. Too lazy to turn around, the boy lifted up his mirror. He saw a slim man wearing a green shirt and pants.

An elf! Baekhyun first thought. But then he realized the man was too fashionable to be an elf.

The man had on a pair of camo shorts over his green pants and an all green leafy top. Key resembled a mini forest. Normal people found that outfit ridiculous. Baekhyun thought it was just gorgeous. He started drooling.

"Oh. My. God! I love your eyeliner!" Key gasped. "Is that Maybelline New York Unstoppable Smudge-Proof Waterproof Onyx Eyeliner?"

Baekhyun liked this guy already.

"Isn't it just the best! Love your outfit!" Baekhyun gushed.

"Thanks! I just got the sense, you know?" The man winked at him, "I'm Kibum, but you can call me Key."

"Key. I like it. I'm Baekhyun, but you can call me beautiful."

****


Jonghyun was chasing a butterfly around and around the orphanage playground. The butterfly was playing hard to get. It kept on stopping, waiting for Jonghyun to get closer, before it flying away once more. Jonghyun was barking at it in frusturation.

Sadly, the butterfly ran into a car and died. Jonghyun sat down in shock and threw a fit. 

Suddenly, he remembered Key. He nervously scanned the courtyard, his eyes stopping on a bench. Key was sitting there, along with a pretty girl who held a bottle of eyeliner in his hands. Jonghyun skipped over to them.

"Key! You will not believe what I just went through!" Jonghyun recounted his exciting adventure with the butterfly.

"Uh...that's good, honey." Key fake praised. "Anyway, on to more important matters...I think I found the perfect child." Key pointed at Baekhyun.

"Great! Lets adopt her-" Jonghyun started.

"Not so fast. First, I'm a boy." Baekhyun interrupted, "You can adopt me, but you've got to adopt my two brothers as well."

"The more the merrier!" Jonghyun sang, "Where are they? Are they cross-dressers too?"

Baehyun pointed at a deer who was getting pushed by a bun, on the swings. "No. That's Luhan." He then pointed at a boy, who was sitting by a tree. next to the swings, glaring at the deer. "And the moody, hot, one is Chen."

Jonghyun jumped up and down. "OMG, Key! We have to adopt them! There's a ing deer!" Jonghyun looked at Key hopefully. "I want a deer as my son!"

Baekhyun did the same jumpy-flappy gestures as Jonghyun.

"OMG, yes! I will finally have a shopping buddy!" Key and Baekhyun held hands happily.

"And I'm gonna have a deer for a son! How awesome is that!" Jonghyun added.

"We have get going." Key looked at Baekhyun. "But we'll talk to the person at the front about setting up appointments for us to meet again!"

"Okay!" Baekhyun nodded happily.

"I'll see you next time!" Key hugged Baekhyun before walking off with Jonghyun into the sunset.

*****
Chen walked up to his brother. "Who was that?" He questioned moodily. Minseok never paid attention to him anymore.

"Someone who has an amazing fashion sense." Baekhyun said. "And guess what? They're planning on adopting us soon!"

"But...we've only been here for two and half days..." Chen said under his breath.

A/N

Baekhyun found the perfect parents lol. Sorry if there wasn't much crack in this chapter, hope you still enjoyed it~

KeyAngel A/N:

*update* Chapter's edited now! Kekeke, this story is rather ludicrous.