Four

Of Buns and Deers

1396888387-exo-o.jpg

(OMFG KRIS IS THE SUN)

It had been about a week since Luhan stole Sehun's precious Minseok. Sehun had finally gathered enough information on the deer and his family to carry out his plan; House Infiltration #1.

It was Saturday, two pm. According to what Sehun had written in his notebook, Chen had singing lessons in exactly half an hour. He knew Lay always brought Luhan and Baekhyun with him to drop Chen off. He also knew where the family kept their spare key. He could get in the house, grab Minseok, and get out before Lay got back. It was a simple plan. 

Seeing as his parents were busy doing whatever they usually did, the little boy grabbed his notebook and snuck out the back door of the bakery. 

*****

"Baekhyun! We're gonna be late!" Chen shouted from downstairs, hoping the other boy had heard him.

"Ugh! You made me smear my eyeliner! Wait five more minutes!" Baekhyun replied. The process of make-up could not be disrupted.

Luhan strutted down the stairs. Minseok hopped happily behind him. At the bottom of the stairs, the deer allowed the bun to hop onto him. He didn't want anyone to step on Minseok. 

Chen watched the scene and died a little inside. Oh, how he wished he could be the one to carry the little bun. He imagined himself walking to the park with Minseok sitting on his head. He would push the baozi on the swings and-

 "I'm ready! Aren't I gorgeous!" Chen's little fantasy was interrupted by Baekhyun who was finally finished.

Baekhyun posed, took a selca, and sashayed over to Chen, who was watching the deer and bun with tears in his eyes.

"Chen, tell me I'm beautiful" Baekhyun posed.

"Shut up Baekhyun, I'm busy sulking."

"Well!" Baekhyun stomped away.

Lay picked up Luhan and Minseok. He buckled the deer in its carseat, and set the bun in a cup holder. He didn't question the deer's love of Minseok.

"Shotgun!" Baekhyun said as he claimed his seat in the front. Chen scowled and sat in the back next to Luhan.

Luhan quickly grabbed the bun and held it between his hoofs protectively. Minseok turned bright red and giggled. Luhan blushed. Minseok was so cute .

While Baekhyun looked annoyed, as he always did, Chen felt a lump in his throat. It was probably the fortune cookie he was currently choking on. He turned to face the window and sobbed silently to himself as the car drove off.


*****


Sehun watched the car drive to the neighbor's house. Pretending to be a ninja, he snuck over to the front door. He took the key out from its extremely cliche place under the doormat and let himself in.

"Minseok?" He called, hoping the little bun could hear him, "It's me, Sehun, I'm here to rescue you!" 

There was no response, for the little bun was in the car with the deer and its new family.

"Minseok?" He tried again, this time a little louder.

"Where could he be?" Sehun thought out loud. "If I was a bun I would be...in the kitchen!" 

Sehun ran to the kitchen and skidded to a stop, "Woah! This is the coolest kitchen ever!" He said, his eyes wide.

The walls were a shining white, with various magnets and papers attatched. A massive cooler was set into the wall. 

Suddenly, he heard footsteps. He turned to the the direction of the noise. It was the butler. He had completely forgotten about the butler. Sehun muffled a scream and ran to the nearest room. He shut the door. Sehun leaned against the wood in relief and looked around.

The room was filled with chairs. Big chairs, small chairs, wooden chairs, and plush chairs. Here must be where Lay kept his vintage chairs locked up and protected. Lay was a chair dealer. According to his father, they got Taemin from Lay. Sehun hesitantly poked one.

"Hello?" He said, hoping the chairs could talk like Taemin.

Hearing no reply, he walked around inspecting the different types. Sehun noted the various woods and cloths in his notebook. He sat them, testing their softness and recording their results. After a while, Sehun got bored of the chair inspection. He scanned the room. His eyes stopped on a tiny door in the far corner. Curious, he walked over to it. 

"May I please open you?" He asked the door politely. His Dad, Kai, had taught him to respect the inanimate objects around him.

The door spit out a key and wagged its doorknob. Sehun took the key and opened the door, expecting something amazing. Instead, there was a book on a pedestal. One boring old book that smelled like potatoes. It was in a weird language that the little boy couldn't understand. He sounded out the words slowly, like how his first grade teacher taught him.

 The chair room door banged open. Lay saw the little boy reading his potato chip book out loud.

"NO! STOP! THAT BOOK IT'S DANGERO-" Lay wailed. But suddenly, he was quiet.

At the abrupt silence, Sehun looked up from his book and saw a bag of Lay's potato chips on the ground. The bag had Lay's horrifed face on it. Realizing what he had just done, the little boy panicked. 

"Oh no! He...he got turned into a bag of chips!" Sehun screamed. 

He grabbed his notebook, the potato chips, and ran out the front door.

*****

Chen was angry. No, angry was an understatement, he was furious. It had been an hour since his singing lessons had ended, and his dad still hadn't come. Just then, he remembered something. He was only a minute away from home. The singing teacher was his neighbor. He could probably walk back. Mentally cursing himself, the brown haired boy walked home. 

Entering the house he saw Baekhyun and Luhan crying their eyes out on the living room floor. Minseok was handing them tissues. 

"Chennn!" Baekhyun threw himself on his brother, sobbing, "We're orphans, and my eyeliner is smeared!" 

Luhan sniffled and pounded his hooves into the carpet.

Chen jumped up. "Really? What do you mean? Does that mean Daddy died? So...do we get all his money? Because he's our elder berry?"

Baekhyun nodded. Minseok nodded gravely along with him.

Chen wanted to cry, but he couldn't. He sort of didn't feel like it, even though he missed Lay already. Daddy Lay was the one who always brought them potato chips and cupcakes to eat after he came back from work.

But Chen was the oldest, the leader now, so he had to be strong. For Baekhyun and Luhan.

"Lets go to the orphanage." He said calmly.

He knew he wouldn't be able to take care of him and his brothers by himself . Yes, the deer was his brother. His father had adopted Luhan, so technically, the deer was a part of their family. He and Luhan had... a hate-love relationship, but Chen would always care for his brothers.

"Orphanage rooms are so tiny, I won't be able to bring all my clothes and eyeliner." Baekhyun pouted. "And what about Luhan? He can't stay there!"

Chen thought for a moment. "We'll just have to bring the house with us."

Baekhyun clapped his hands. "Yay!"

Chen punched in a couple of numbers on the keyboard attached to the wall. The house started shaking, and two arms and four wheels popped out from the sides of it. The house picked itself up and started rolling down the streets.

"Whoa!" Baekhyun said in awe. He skipped around, his previous crying fit forgotten.

Chen grinned, "The house doesn't know where the orphanage is. We have to walk there so it can follow us." 

Chen jumped out out of the house, gesturing for the others to do the same. Baekhyun and Luhan had no problem getting out, but Minseok needed help. Before Luhan could help the bun, Chen picked up Minseok and set him on his head lovingly.

"I don't wanna walk Chenchen...I'm too beautiful. Can you carry me, please!" Baekhyun said as cutely as he possible could. But of course, it was an order that Chen had to obey. Baekhyun's face turned scarily adorable, and Chen shivered.

"Fine. Get on." Chen bent over so the other could climb onto his back.

Luhan saw this and started whining, hoping Chen would carry him as well. He didn't wanna walk. Actually, no one wanted to walk.

"You too?" 

Luhan stomped his hoofs impatiently.

Chen crossed his arms and had a staring contest with Luhan. Winner had to carry everyone.

After a few pointless minutes, Luhan won.

"Fine." He picked up Luhan.

With Baekhyun on his back, Minseok on his head, and Luhan in his arms, Chen started walking to the orphanage. The house followed obediently.

A/N

Here's chapter four! Enjoy! Poor Chen suffering from his...unrequited love?

KeyAngel A/N:

Lay is now...a bag of Lay's. Lay's Lay's Lays? Hm.