Ten

Of Buns and Deers

 

 

Lay sat in the cupboard under the stairs under Sehun's bed. Sitting next to him was a mouse named Frederick, Frederic for short. They were discussing how elderberries should be giving  life insurance to inanimate objects and how this could benefit other living creatures. After concluding that a visit to the state legislature was in order, Frederic promised Lay a thimble of wine if he supported gay rights. Thinking the mouse was trying to hit on him, Lay kindly told him he was married to his work and had three children. And so the two stopped talking. 

Meanwhile Sehun was furiously stomping around his room grabbing Magic Markers to make his WANTED posters for the kidnapping of his precious chair Taeminnie. 

"Dinner is ready my little fubbyfloo. "

Sehun looked up at his dad, who was making a doll " talk", before throwing a marker cap at him. "Don't call me that you idiot". 

Kai stood there for a moment, processing what his son had said to him. The 5-year old had called him a no-no word. His lip started to quiver. Tears streaming down his face,  the man  ran down the stairs. "Kyungsoo!" 

 This was the third time this week that Kai had come running to Kyungsoo after their snarky child had said something to him. 

"Here have a cookie. " Kyungsoo threw a chocolate chip cookie at his husband. 

Kai stared at the cookie that had bounced off him and landed on the floor. He quietly  inched closer to it,  not wanting to awaken it from its slumber. Apparently if the cookie woke up it would scream, and Kai was deathly afraid of screaming cookies. He then pounced on it. 

Kyungsoo watched his husband eat the whole cookie in one bite and scurry up the stairs. He really needed to take that guy to a mental hospital. His son too. Kyungsoo sighed and banged his head against the counter. 

"What did I do to deserve this," Kyungsoo moaned. 

Sehun ran down  the stairs  and proudly showed Kyungsoo his WANTED posters. They had a drawing of a frog man holding a flag made of money. 

"Very nice, " Kyungsoo mumbled and gave Sehun a pat on the head.  

 ***

 Baekhyun stood in front of his house with twenty suitcases in Chen's arms. Chen,  suffice to say, was not very happy. He didn't understand why Baekhyun needed his things packed when in fact,  their mansion was coming with them.

"The day is here! The day is here!" Baekhyun shouted.  Today was the day that they were officially getting adopted. 

"Must you bring all these suitcases? I mean the ing house is coming with us! " Chen spat. He was stuck being Baekhyun's slave when he easily could have been flirting with Minseok. He somehow managed to glance at his watch. one hour. he had a whole hour until his future parents would come. Chen sighed. Today was going to be a long day. 

 ***

Kyungsoo pulled up the car at the mental hospital. In the passenger seat was Kai, who after a few glasses of milk, had fallen asleep. Sehun ,  like his dad,  was sleeping as well. Kyungsoo took out a trombone which was hiding in its cozy spot under the car seat. He then  played the norwegian national anthem. 

Kai bolted up and faced Kyungsoo,  "Hello there my little squiysquish!"  Kai caressed his husband's cheek. 

 "How many times do I have to remind you,  please act like a proper ADULT,"  Kyungsoo took a deep breath.  He loved Kai,  of course,  but some  days he felt like he was running  an insane asylum.  

Kai recognized Kyungsoo's dangerous tone and backed off,  clutching  his doll for comfort. "Okay, okay,  sorry,  gosh Soo. I love you?" he offered innocently. 

"Alright, Kai. Fine. Love you too." Kyungsoo mumbled, obliged to answer. 

 

 Sehun opened his eyes as soon as his parents made up. He opened the car door and stepped out, looking up at the white building in front of him. He studied it very carefully before opening the car door and shaking the crap out of kyungsoo. "Daddy! daddy! I saw this place in my dreams. I was chasing a tree! The tree stopped right in front of the door and I couldn't get in! It was scary!" 

"I had that dream too! " Kai ran out of the car and picked up Sehun, spinning him in circles. 

 Kyungsoo banged his head on the steering wheel." I give up! "

***

"Yah! Jonghyun!  Hurry up!" Key hair flipped. 

Jonghyun stuck the needle one into the fabric last time. "Done!". the dinosaur man had been sewing clothes for his beloved son to be, Luhan. "Do we have to wear name tags?" Jonghyun frowned, the thought of wearing name tags brought back memories of his dead butterfly. 

Key sighed and hair flipped, for the millionth time that day, before dragging his dull-witted husband out the door. 

 

 A/N

Kaisoo fluff lol