Former glory

Of cafés, bunnies, and pastries

"So whatcha gonna bake????" Sungmin and ryeowook pestered kyuhyun for the nth time that day. It had only been 5 minutes back from the shop, but kyuhyun felt his head was exploding.

"I told you, let me sort things out first okay??" He replied yet again.

"Ok ^^" they replied. Once they reached the bakery, kyuhyun ran into the kitchen and shut the glass window.

"Don't you need help???" He saw them mouth. He shook his head. Silence would make things much easier for him, thank you very much.

And with that, the two left to somewhere. Kyuhyun didn't really care where, since h was focused on his work.

After about one hour, everything from the shop was neatly organized and labeled, the shelves were clean and dust-free, and it looked like a brand new shop. Kyuhyun wiped his flour covered hands in satisfaction and he walked out the door, removing his apron.

"Hey guys?" He said as he saw the two bunnies sat on the sofa watching a drama. They shot up guiltily at his voice, making him raise his eyes in confusion. But he'd dismissed it anyway.

"Y-yes??" They asked nervously. They seemed to be hiding something from him.

"Nothing. Just wanted to let you know I sorted everything out."

"Oh really??? GREAT, WOOKIE LETS GO SEE." Sungmin smiled.

"WHOAAAA~~~~" they exclaimed as they took in the incredible sight before them. Kyuhyun was amazing, a miracle worker.

"What?" Kyuhyun asked curiously.

"This is amazing kyu." Sungmin breathed.

"Wonderful." Ryeowook chimed.

Suddenly sungmin's tears escaped his eyes and he quietly excused himself, pushing past the other two to wash his face.

"What happened? Did I do something wrong?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly. He wasn't ready to lose a friend. Not one like sungmin.

"No... It's just..." Ryeowook bit his lip as he thought of a way to continue.

"You see this cafe was sungmin's parent's. They loved it dearly, took great care of it..." Ryeowook explained, smiling fondly albeit a little sadly. Kyuhyun could see he was very close to the family, from his words and his eyes conveying his emotions.

"What happened to them?" Kyuhyun asked, almost immediately regretting. He wasn't sure he really wanted to know.

"They died in a car crash when he was barely 13. Since then he's been sort if emotionally unstable, even if he doesn't show it often, and so I decided to live with him, just so he won't do anything stupid." Ryeowook explained, now also tearing up a little. Kyuhyun handed him a tissue, which he gratefully accepted.

Kyuhyun didn't know why, but he felt for them. To lose your parents at the tender age of 13? To have an emotionally unstable friend? To live with him despite that? How much strength and courage must have been needed for these. He was proud of them. His friends.

"And they took great care of this cafe, like I mentioned before. I think the neatness reminded him of them. Sungmin tried to retain it's former glory, but without his parents, it just wasn't enough. He tried, of course, but the stress eventually took over. Now we are in debt and we desperately needed help. Which was why you were accepted so easily." Ryeowook continued and kyuhyun nodded in understanding.

"I see. I will try my best to help." Kyuhyun smiled.

"Thank you." He heard sungmin say from behind him. He turned around and saw him standing there, with eyes of gratefulness.

Maybe it was just a spur of that moment, but kyuhyun suddenly walked over and hugged sungmin.  It just felt right. He wanted to help his friend. And before he could regret it, sungmin hugged back, to his surprise.

"Thank you." He heard sungmin mumble again and kyuhyun suddenly felt his heart break a little.

Now, he was determined to help out. 

No matter what.


Is this emo XDDDD 

anyway yay back story :3 

please comment/subscribe <3 (( I'm too tired... I will write 2 chaps tmr. I hope ))