Ray of light

Of cafés, bunnies, and pastries

"Whoa whoa calm down." Kyuhyun said after he'd finally untangled himself from the mess of arms that had greeted him so happily just moments ago.

"Hehe sorry. We're just so excited to have gotten a pastry chef." The smaller one smiled. Kyuhyun smiled back a little. He still wasn't sure he'd fit in. What was this guy's name even?

"I'm ryeowook by the way." He introduced, sticking his hand out for a handshake which kyuhyun gladly accepted. He wasn't used to being accepted by people. At least, not happily.

"Kyuhyun." He responded.

"I'm sungmin." The taller one smiled. "Owner of bunny cafe." 

As kyuhyun shook his hand he gradually began to realize why it was called bunny cafe. The two of them were so cute, just like bunnies.

"So am I accepted?" Kyuhyun asked warily. For all he knew he might get rejected. Again.

"Are you kidding?" Sungmin asked and kyuhyun sighed, waiting for the rejection to come.


But It never came.


"OF COURSE YOU ARE!!!!" They yelled as they smiled brightly.

"Thank you." He smiled back gratefully.

"No, it's thank YOU." Ryeowook replied and they all started laughing.

"Come on, I'll show you the way around." Sungmin offered. Kyuhyun nodded.

"This is the kitchen, where you will be working most of the time, I guess." Sungmin smiled.

"Well the oven sort of gave it away." Kyuhyun joked as the two laughed. He didn't know why, but he felt so comfortable around the two. Just like friends. Real friends. 

Real friends...

He'd never had before.

"And this is the living room." Sungmin said. Kyuhyun looked around. Somehow he'd made it up the stairs. The living room was pretty small, but it was cozy.

"Sorry if it's a little small. I'm sort of having... Financial issues." Sungmin explained, biting his Lip, which kyuhyun found extremely cute.

"Nah, it's nice." Kyuhyun reassured him.

"And here's your room. It's just opposite mine and wookie's so if you have anything you need just come over." Sungmin smiled as he pushed open the door.

It was a small room, with a bed, a small shelf and a desk, but it was enough for him. 

"Thank you." He smiled gratefully.

"Well I hope you like it. It's not much I have to offer, but it'll have to do." Sungmin shrugged.

"I do indeed. Thanks."

"No problem."

"But can I ask..."

"Yeah?"

"Can I borrow some clothes?" Kyuhyun asked, running his finger through his hair. He just realized he didn't bring anything with him. And he sure wasn't gonna go back to get them, even if it meant he'd have to wear the same clothes forever.

"Oh you didn't bring any??" Sungmin inquired. Kyuhyun bashfully nodded.

"Well then, I'll lend you mine until we go shopping!!" Sungmin smiled.

"Thank you."

"Ohgosh, please stop. It's like the tenth time you've thanked me today."

"I really am thankful though."

"Trust me, I'll be eternally grateful if you stopped with the courtesies. After all, I am your friend."

"You are?"

"Aren't I?"

"Will you be my friend?"

"Of course!!! If you'll let me, that is..."

"Well then. We are officially friends from today."

"Yes we are." Sungmin smiled as they broke into laughter.

"Come on, wookie will be lonely if we stay any longer."

"Yeah. Let's go." Kyuhyun agreed as they made their way down the stairs. He didn't know how to explain it, but he felt so different. He felt as if he belonged there.

Maybe, just maybe, he'd really be accepted. And maybe for once, he'd have people he could really call friends.

He no longer regretted taking up this job.

And he never would.

Ever.


Okay I don't know what to make of this chapter. Actually the entire story. Like seriously. 

This story is like fluffy and cute (KYUTE HAHHA) but when it comes to kyuhyun it becomes all emo and Sad and dark etc It's just so weird.

anyway hope you liked this update :3

please comment/subscribe :3 <3