Ears gone deaf

Of cafés, bunnies, and pastries

"Bunny Cafe." Kyuhyun mumbled to himself as he smirked and raised his eyebrows as he crossed the name off his list. He sighed as he leant back, allowing his head to hang, barely touching the top of the backrest on the wooden bench. 

"What a stupid name." He continued as he closed his eyes, resting for a bit before shooting into an upright position again. He ruffled his hair in frustration as he looked over his list. 

Red crosses stared back at him.

"Great." He sighed. Just when he needed a job, he couldn't find anything.

It was either "I'm sorry, you're too young." No. He was already 18. Way old enough.

Or "Sorry, we don't think you're qualified for this." No. They clearly stated "no experience needed" on their poster. And what did he get for pointing it out? Kicked out, that's what.

He just couldn't figure out why people didn't just tell the truth. He'd very much prefer it if they just said it straight to his face that he was out. Yay. 

And for the rest of the jobs? He'd rejected them. Sure, he wasn't qualified to do so considering he wanted and needed a job, and desperately at that. But then he'd decided to do something that would interest him even in the slightest just so life wouldn't so much.


The bakery job did attract him.


But the name deterred him.


Seriously. 


Who calls a cafe a "bunny cafe"?


But he didn't have a choice.


Well...

 

It's worth a shot.

 


 

"Aish. Nothing's working!" Sungmin pouted as he sighed.

"Calm down hyung. It'll work out." Ryeowook smiled, patting his hyung's shoulder in comfort.

"URGH. How can you be so optimistic, wookie?! I'm basically dying here!!!" Sungmin yelled as he ruffled his hair in frustration. His cafe was about to die. Like literally. He had to save it.

"It makes life easier." Ryeowook responded with a shrug.

"I wish life was easy." Sungmin mumbled.

"Sadly, it's not." Ryeowook replied, earning a glare from sungmin.

"I realized." Sungmin seethed.

"Anyway hyung..." Ryeowook laughed as he attempted to calm his hyung down before the phone rang. The two paused mid sentence and jumped up, shot each other a look before rushing to the phone.

"HELLO?????" Sungmin almost yelled into the phone, his eyes filled with hope while ryeowook watched wide-eyed from a distance.

"Oh." Ryeowook watched sadly as the light left his hyung's eyes once again.

"Yes... We're trying our best. I'll pay you soon..." Sungmin sighed as he hung up.

"Hyung?" Ryeowook asked cautiously.

"I'm fine...." Sungmin mumbled. The phone rang again.

"I'll get it." Ryeowook offered after looking at his depressed hyung, who seemed to be deaf to the world right at that moment.

"Hello? Yes, this is bunny cafe. And you're calling to...?" Ryeowook nodded before suddenly shooting up. He turned in sungmin's direction and began waving frantically. Seeing that the older had no reaction, he let out a very loud "aish". 

"Yes... Please wait for a moment..." He called into the phone before screaming and rushing to his hyung.

Meanwhile on the other side of the line, kyuhyun raised his eyebrows in confusion.

Many silent minutes passed.

He was just about to hang up when he suddenly heard a scream from his phone. He cautiously raised it to his ear. He couldn't risk having an ear turn deaf.

"HELLO????" Someone yelled. One ear half deaf.

"Urm... Yes... I'm Cho Kyuhyun, 18. I'm looking for a job and..." Kyuhyun started before he got cut off by an ear-splitting shriek.

"YES YES YOU ARE ACCEPTED COME QUICK NOW. SEE YOU!!! BYEEEEEE!!!" The caller yelled before hanging up. Now, it was one ear turned deaf.

Now kyuhyun was really starting to regret having ever called, but he made his way to the cafe anyway. What was there to lose, right?

To be honest he would be really happy if he could land a job there. It offered a job, a decent income, lodging, and meals. What more could he ask for? 

It was really the free lodging that attracted him.

He didn't really want to go home right now. Actually, he didn't want to go back to that hell of a place ever again. He'd successfully escaped once, and he was pretty sure it'll be the last. He shrugged off the thoughts of the past as he sighed and turned into a desolate alleyway.

After a good couple minutes he'd finally reached his destination.

Upon seeing the building, he froze.

In a movie, it would have been because it was so huge and unimaginably awesome.

But in reality.....

It was a tiny pink building with bunny ears.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen.

It was pink.

With bunny ears.

BUNNY EARS.

But since kyuhyun had no other option, he got up to the front door anyway.

"Hello, I'm here for my....." He announced as he pushed open the door.

"HELLO WELCOME TO BUNNY CAFE!!!!!!!!!!" Two loud shrieks welcomed him as he got swarmed by hugs.

Yep. Now he was officially both ears gone deaf. 


Hey hey chapter one!!!!! How do you like it I think this fic will end up really lame HHAHAHA :3 

please comment/subscribe :3 <3