Ch-9

Dreams ~HIATUS~

"Namil, I'm back ... Kyungsoo? What wrong?"

"She was crying a few minutes ago but I guess she fell asleep."

Yes, I had fallen asleep after heavy crying. My head was rested on his shoulder and my face was facing up toward his neck. His hands were still wrapped around my waist and so were mine. Carefully, he layed me down on my hospital bed and sat next to me. Jongin joined him and placed his hand on my tear stained cheek.

"She's pretty. She really is. As a friend, I give you my permission to like her."

Jongin said, my cheek.

"Honestly, Namil is the most beautiful person I have ever met. She's got gorgeous soft eyes, puffy pink shaded cheeks, and glowing white skin. What's there not to like about her? Also to mention the fact that she's always happy and caring. It makes me want to do the same back."

"Seems like you already like her, Kyungsoo. I know I was a little harsh on you earlier but I have trouble trusting people. When I came in with Namil in your arms, I knew I had to because, she did. Therefore, as your dongsaeng, I would like to confirm that you like Namil."

"You're pretty smart for a 19 year old. I didn't know about liking or loving someone until I met her."

Kyungsoo replied refering to me, who was soundly asleep on the bed.

"When she gets out, promise me to constantly watch over her and take care of her. She's the first ever person to ever care for me this way after my mom died. She's special."

"I promise."

"I-if you don't mind.. may I call you h-hyung?"

Jongin asks nervously. He's never called anyone that execpt for Baekhyun who looked over him for years.

"Sure. I've always wanted a little brother."

They smiled at each other and the air grew silent. For minutes, they both just stared at me and I suddenly awoke.

"What's wrong?"

Kyungsoo asks, worriedly. I let a little giggle.

"I'm just hungry."

"I'll go out to buy you both food then. Wait for me, arrasseo?"

"Ne."

Jongin and I answered together. Kyungsoo then walks out the door leaving only the two who are hospitalized.

"My grandmother came in today."

He said.

"That's good. Aren't you happy?"

"Ne. But she came to say that she could no longer foster me as her own. My grandmother is old and she's growing sick."

Carefully, I took a hold of Jongin's hand.

"You've done so much for me so I'll try to do my best for you."

"I don't regret meeting you, Namil. You're a girl with a sweet heart. You're like my mom. She always made me laugh and cared for me. When I was a kid and was sick, I didn't want to take my medicine but she would force me instead because she knew I loved her enough to listen to her. You're just like her."

I let out a little laugh and squeezed his hands

"When I do leave the hospital, I'll make sure to come and visit you everyday. If not then I'll come often. I will force you to gobble down your daily pills and sing you a lullaby just like what a mother would does."

"You're a good friend, you know that?"

"Truthfully, when I lived in America, my friends didn't treat me this way. They always would leave me out or ditch me for others. I was often left alone for lunch or breakfast and even during in between the bells. They would sometimes speak to me but only when they have problems or need someone to hang out with. That's where I got my caring side."

For a full hour we talked, laughed, and shared a few tears. Kyungsoo soon came back with boiled fish cake and coconut juice.

"Sorry it took me long. I went back home to cook instead of going out to buy food. I hope I didn't starve both of you."

He teased. Handing me a stick with 6 different fish cake attatched to them, a smile crawled over his face. I took quick bites and ate quickly.

"Slow down or you'll choke."

Jongin scolded me as he was about to take a bite out of his cake. Immediantly, Kyungsoo opened a can of coconut juice and handed it to me.

"Drink this. Everything will go down easily that way."

I gave him a genuine smile and took the can. Gulping down the drink, I took a few more bites and finished everything.

"It's getting late now, I think I'll leave. Bye Jongin. Good Night, Namil."

"Bye, hyung."

Kyungsoo gave me a tight hug and shook Jongin's hand before leaving.

"I think I should leave too. We can talk through the walkie talkie I gave you yesterday."

Jongin threw me a grin and ran out of my room to enter his.

"Annyeong!"

I heard from the little machine.

"Annyeong."

I responded happily. For 3 hours, we talked  through that and I talked him into taking his medicine again for the night. Soon, I left to dream land and so did Jongin but before I did, I heard him whisper something to me.

"Sleep well, princess. You're peasant friend shall protect you tonight."

 

 

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ AUTHOR's NOTE~

 

 

 

 

 

AHH!! He confesses his feeling about her to Jongin. OH MY D.O.! Please read on to find out what happens later in the story. Thanks for reading my dear readers. SARANGHAE!