Ch-7

Dreams ~HIATUS~

I woke up in the hospital with a sharp pain toward my stomach. Carefully, I messaged the area and felt tiny stitches.

"Now my belly has stitches. Why me."

I cursed under my breath.

"Is Sleeping Beauty awake yet?"

"Jongdae!"

I yelled happily. He quickly stepped into the room and saw that my eyes were opened. I then noticed a blue flower behind him.

"I have a dozen blue roses at home. Now you're making me have more at the hospital."

"I did promise you to bring a flower every time I visit."

Jongdae sat by my side and hugged me tightly. A wide smile appeared on my face.

"You slept for too long, Namil. I was so worried."

His warm breath was felt on my cheek and I felt my face glow a bright red.

"Ahh, have you eaten yet? I bought some chigae on the way here."

He then handed me a container containing soup with cooked rice cake. Gently grabbing the container, I set it on my lap and open the lid. A delicous wiff of chigae filled the air and automatically I grabbed the spoon in the bag and started eating. Jongdae laughed at how fast I ate and later scolded me to eat slower. I did as told and finished within minutes.

"By the way, Kyungsoo can't make it today. He called and said he was working. The doctors also said you can be discharged tomorrow if you wake up by today."

A big smile was plastered on his face and one was also on mine. For the next hour, Jongdae stayed and kept me company but left as he said he had work.

"It's only 11:24 am. What am I suppose to do for the time being."

Suddenly, I heard light shoes clip by my doorway.

"Ms. Song? I believe you're awake already. We would like to do some evaluations today for you to get ready to leave by tomorrow. Would you be comfortable with that?"

"Ne. It's alright with me."

The nurse then helped me into a wheel chair and took me to a room with electronics.

"Don't worry. I'd just like you to sit up on this bed and lay down. The machine will do the rest. It won't hurt."

She again helped me get on the bed and I slowly laid down as the pain on my stomach grew. In 20 minutes the different tests were done and the nurse gently lifted me on the wheel chair. The nurse then pushed me to my room and helped me on my hospital bed.

"I really hope you get better and forget all about it. I know it may be hard and traumatic. May luck be on your side so you can feel better Ms.Song. I'll take my leave."

Just like that, she gloomly left my room. Carefully, I thought back on her words and softly cried. It hurt to put pressure on the area that was stitched but I didn't care. I was harrassed and almost . At that moment of time, feeling physical pain felt nice. I continued to cry for hours and luckily, I barely had any visitors. Not even the doctors. I stopped when I had noticed no more tears would come and my eyes were red and puffy. Closing my eyes to soothe them I heard light footsteps by my door.

"N-Namil? Are you awake?"

"Nugusaeyo?"

"It's me. B-Baekhyun."

He whispered for only us to hear. Quickly, I covered my blood-shot colored eyes and told him to come in.

"Are your eyes okay? Why are you covering them?"

"Promise me to not ask anything."

Right as he promised, I removed my hands to expose my red eyes. Quickly but hesitantly, he pulled me into a hug. Tears came down again as his hug became tighter.

"It's okay. It must be hard. Let it all out, Namil."

Baekhyun lightly my hair and pulled me in closer to his chest. After a long cry again, I pulled away from the hug and wiped my eyes. He lifted his hand and brushed it against my face to prevent the tear from my eye to fall.

"Do you think I'll ever be able to over come this? Is it normal to feel disgusted of my body? Should I just kill myself?"

"Don't. Don't ever think of those thoughts. Don't ever think of killing yourself or don't ever feel disgusted of your body because, yes, you'll over come this nightmare with all the people by your side. They love you and don't want you to be gone yet. Stay with us."

Slowly moving toward him, I envelope my short arms around his body and mumble a short 'thank you' by his ear.

"You should probably go. Byun Baekhyun is a busy person. By the way, how did you know I was here?"

"Today, I took a day off to look after someone. And, that. My friend is here and I came to visit him. As I was walking to his room, I saw a nurse push you to the examination room. I asked the front desk about you and they told me that the person staying here is Song Namil. A little bit later, I heard doctors talking about your issue and how you were... ually touched and knifed. Therefore, I decided to visit my friend before I came to visit you. Also, you should go see him since you're pretty lonely yourself. He doesn't have anyone who goes to visit him and both of you need company. Would you like to see him? He's just a few rooms away from you."

Nodding my head, Baekhyun lifted me to the wheel chair, informed the nurse where we were going, and wheeled me to his friend's room.

"Annyeong!"

"Hyung what are you doing here again? Didn't you say you needed to see someone else?"

He then pushed me in closer into the room so we both could see his friend.

"I brought a visitor. Her name is Namil, Song Namil. She's almost the same age as you."

"Ahh, annyeonghasaeyo, Namil-ssi. My name is Kim Jongin."

I flashed him a smile as Baekhyun stopped when I was by Jongin's side.

"She was pretty lonely and so are you so I thought you both would make good friends or good visiting buddies."

Jongin then stood up from his bed and walked over to me.

"Well then, it's nice to meet you. I'll make sure to visit you often. I'm 19 and I believe you are too, correct?"

"Ani, I'm only 18. It's also nice to meet you, chingu."

He gave me a handsome smile and sat on his bed facing toward me.

"Can you walk?"

"I can, it's just I have cuts on my stomach that hurt when I put pressure on it. All in all, it hurts when I walk."

"I see, then I'll walk to your room from now on. And if you want to go somewhere, tell me. I'll take you."

"Ne. Kamsa!"

I said happily. In minutes, Baekhyun left becuase he had a schedule early in the morning, leaving Jongin and I alone in his room.

"I have emotional and psychological trauma. That's why I'm here and barely have any visitors. My parents were murdered by my uncles for money and they left me alive because I was at the age of 6. Since then, I was raised by my grandma.  For years I learned to live with it but last year, the memories suddenly came back and it got out of control to the point where my grandma sent me to the hospital for treatment. I've been here for 8 months now and I'm still recieving my treatment. I believe you won't ever hurt me because when I saw you through that door, you seemed gentle and unharmful"

He confessed all of a sudden.

"I was harrassed and almost . The ert slowly and painfully cut my stomach with a knife in his hand without noticing. I have stitches on every one of them now and it's pretty ugly. I just moved to Korea so I don't have many visitors. Only 3 people."

I confessed back.

"I guess we have something in common."

"And what is it?"

"Both of us have something we won't be able to forget. Ever."

"I guess you're right."

I then saw a tear drop fall from his cheek and instantly, I grabbed his hands.

"It's okay. You have me now."

I whispered, almost in tears myself. Jongin squeezed my hands back and said the same thing I had said. We shared a smile before his room's phone started ringing.

"Yobusaeyo?"

He answered, coldly. Honestly, it scared me a little.

 Later, he hung up and smiled back at me.

"The nurse wants you back in your room. I'll take you. Kaja."

He then stood behind me and rolled me to my room.

"You know you don't have to be mean to the doctors. They just want to help. I know with emotional and psycological trauma you can't trust people easily but at least trust these people. At least just once. For me?"

"But I never know what they'll do to me. What if they kill me with the medicine they give me or make me even more sick. But for you, I'll trust them once. Only once."

I threw him my most genuine smile right when we reached my room. There stood my nurse with another doctor.

"I see Jongin with a new friend. Ms.Song, you're a lucky person. He never acts nice to us and we've never seen him act nice to anyone execpt Baekhyun. This is a new site."

The nurse said happily. I only looked up at Jongin who was annoyed and gave her a cold glare.

"I'll leave you here with these people. I'm going back to my room, Namil."

His eyes softened as he saw me smile at him and he did the same back. As Jongin left, the doctor lifted me back on my bed.

"You'll have to stay here longer to recover from surgery because the examination told us your scars have not fully healed yet. I'll also like for you to take treatment if you think about it a lot. We won't want you to suffer a lot."

"Ne. I'll request for treatment if my thoughts are constantly surrounding the issue. Kamsamida."

They left with warm grins on their faces and minutes after Jongin came rushing in.

"What did they say?"

"I was suppose to leave tomorrow but I guess I'm staying longer."

"Jinja? I'll make sure to keep you company. By the way, here is your walkie talkie. Talk in it when you want me to take you anywhere. Most of the time I'll be here with you if that's okay."

"It's fine with me. It being alone. Come in anytime you want."

He happily nodded and firmly my hair.

"Go to sleep. It getting dark. Good Night, Namil."

"Good Night, Jongin."

I slowly layed down on my bed and closed my eyes as Jongin dimmed my room's lights and slightly closed my doors.

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------   AUTHOR's NOTE~

 

 

 

 

 

Here she meets Jongin who is her constant visitor and her new friend. Wait and see until the end what she does for him. Did you enjoy the chapter? Are you enjoying my fanfiction? Please leave comments. Thanks for reading!