Ch-8

Dreams ~HIATUS~

It was still dark out when I had woken up. The time was about 6 in the morning and I couldn't fall back asleep. Luckily, some nurses were still working on the floor and I called one of them to bring me warm water. It always helped me to fall into dream land faster. Within minutes, it was brought and I took a few sips out of it. Like I had predicted, my eyes closed immediantly.

It was now 8:43 a.m. and my warm water turned cold. Honestly, I just wanted the day to go by and go home. Then again, I needed to acompany Jongin. For an hour I spent my time alone and thought carefully if I had to get treatment, I thought about my family back in America, I thought about my next audition. I thought about everything and kind of broke down. I was under so much stress and wanted to go forever.

Don't. Don't ever think of those thoughts. Don't ever think of killing yourself or don't ever feel disgusted of your body because, yes, you'll over come this nightmare with all the people by your side. They love you and don't want you to be gone yet. Stay with us

I heard Baekhyun's voice say in my head. I stopped my tears from falling again and thought of the positive.

" Namil-ah. I came to visit."

"Jongin, you really came."

"Of course I would. I wouldn't want my chingu to be alone, would I?"

I lightly giggled but stopped as it started to hurt. Lifting my arm, I rubbed my stomach to stop the pain. Surprised, another pair of hands reached over and touched it.

"I see that you rub your stomach when you're in pain? I know it feels weird for a man to be doing this but your wounds must heal quick."

He then gave me a smile that would melt a woman's heart then removed his hands when I smiled back.

"I knew you'd be in here. Jongin, it's time for you're morning medicine."

A doctor had come into my room and aproached him with a cup of pills.

"I'm not taking them."

He answered harshly toward the doctor.

"Don't make me do this again Jongin. I'll say it again. It's time for your morning medicine."

"I said I don't want to."

He said again but this time coldly. Slowly, I reached for his hands and looked at him in the eye.

"What did I tell you, Jongin. Trust the doctors and nurses more. They want to help you. You also said you'd trust them once for me. I'd like it to start now. I promise from now on, I won't tell you to do it ever again if you take your medicine."

"Just once."

He replied to me. Slowly grabbing the cup of pills, he pops them in his mouth and swollows.

"That wasn't bad right?"

I asked him. The doctors flashed a smile toward me and said,

"I'm glad he has a friend like you. Thank you Ms.Song."

The doctor then left, leaving Jongin and I alone.

"Just pretend they're candy. I've always done that when my sister gave me something I didn't want to eat."

"I try, Namil. I've tried everything in the book but nothing works. And the doctor was right. I'm lucky to have a friend like you."

Playfully, I slap him on the arm. Our conversation lasts until a light knock was heard from my door after a few hours.

"You may come in."

I say, replying to the person who knocked.

"Namil, how are you doing? Ahh, who's this? Did you meet a new friend?"

"Kyungsoo! I missed you so much. This is Kim Jongin. We just became friends yesterday."

Kyungsoo threw me a tight hug then put out his hand for Jongin to shake. As I had expected, he gave Kyungsoo a glare no one dared to mess with.

"Jongin, this is my friend, Kyungsoo. He's one of the 3 people who come to see me. He doesn't bite or anything. Don't worry."

Hesitantly, he shook Kyungsoo's hand and quickly faced me again. I only laughed at his actions and motioned for Kyungsoo to sit by him.

"I brought some fruits in case you got hungry. I got blueberries too. Your favorite."

"Jinja! Kamsa, Kyungsoo."

He handed me the basket of fruits and opened the box of blueberries and grapes.

"Sorry, I didn't know she'd have a visitor but all I have to offer are grapes. Namil, doesn't like to share her food so here."

Kyungsoo handed Jongin the box of grapes. I tried getting up from my bed but couldn't as the pain started up again. They both saw me struggle and helped me up. I whispered a 'thank you' to both of them and stared at Jongin.

"They don't have poison in them or anything. If they did then why wouldn't they be in the blueberries instead."

"What if they are?"

"I already ate a few, Jongin. I'm not dead yet, aren't I?"

Reluctantly, Jongin popped a grape in his mouth.

"Kamsamida."

He thank Kyungsoo with a plain and bland voice. I patted Jongin's back and ruffled his hair. He laughed at me and did the same back. Suddenly, the phone in my room rang. Kyungsoo ran to it and picked it up.

"Jongin, you have a visitor today. The nurses said she's waiting for you in your room. You should go."

"Arrasseo. I'll be back, Namil. Make sure he doesn't do anything bad to you."

I smiled at him making sure everything was going to be okay.

"Namil-ah, why is he here? He looks like a perfectly normal and healthy person. Even hating me was normal."

"He has emotional psycological trauma. Meaning he doesn't trust people easily and needs medical attention for it."

"Now I understand why he hated me so much."

A sudden knock was heard by the door.

"Come in."

I yell across the room.

"Ms.Song? I'm detective Oh Sehun and this is my partner Luhan. We'd like to speak to you about the erts you had encountered on that day. They had run away before we had arrived. If you may, please give us a desription of the person who had harrassed you. We'll give you some time if needed and you may take your time. We're free all day."

Afraid, I looked up at Kyungsoo who was looking back at me. He then took my hands and squeezed them.

"I'll be right here if you need me. I won't let go of your hand until you feel safe and comfortable, okay? I'll protect you no matter what."

Clenching his hand closer to mine I began speaking. Luckily, the ert's face was almost under the street lights in the alley way so I got a glance of half his face.

After 2 hours of tears and words, the detectives got the sketch and left after wishing me luck to heal faster. I had noticed that my finger were now intertwined with Kyungsoo's and I held onto his with a tight grip.

"What's wrong?"

He asked me as he noticed I squeezed his hand tighter.

"I need a hug, Kyungsoo. One from you. I want to feel warmth and comfort again. I want everything to stop. Make it stop."

In seconds, Kyungsoo grabs me and pulls me into a warm embrace.

"I'll give you a hug if you need a hug. I'll hold your hands if you want me to hold your hand. I'll call you if you feel lonely and need a call. I'll let you ruin my day if your mood is to ruin my day. I'll give you my shoulder to cry on if all you need is comfort. I'll do anything for you but I can't make this stop. All I can do is stand by your side and be your friend until this does stop because... you're the most important person to me right now."

Our hands are still linked and I hug him even tighter before more tears roll down my cheeks.

"I'll wipe the tears off your cheeks. I'll make jokes to utter a laugh. Before I do, cry. Let your feelings out becuase I need the cheery Namil back. The one who always made me happy, not sad."

Lightly, he my hair and lays his head on mine.

 

 

 

 

 

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- AUTHOR's NOTE~

 

 

 

 

 

Annyeonghasaeyo! Are you enjoying my fanfiction so far? The feels at the ending though <3 Thank you my dear readers for reading.