Ch-11

Dreams ~HIATUS~

For another 30 minutes, we both spent our time in the garden talking and smelling the different flowers that were planted. Jongin pushed me around the place as I sat in the wheel chair. Another 5 minutes had passed and we sat back down on the bench.

"You promise me to buy the sweets right? Are you sure you have enough money to buy everything?"

Jongin asked like a child. I hadn't told him that my family was rich. Nobody knew that my family was rich, all in all. Kyungsoo, Jongdae, Baekhyun, and Jongin think I live a normal life with a normal amount of money. None of them knows that my mom is a bussiness woman who makes a million every half a year.

"I promise."

I reply. A wide smile grew on his face and all I did was laugh.

"Kaja. We've stayed out here long enough. I've gotten the fresh air I needed."

I said. Jongin quietly nodded and pushed me to the elevator. It took us back to my room and as we entered, I saw someone I missed so much.

"Mom!"

I yelled in exitement. She turned around at my voice and ran to me.

"Is my baby alright? I was so worried when I had found out you were in the hospital. Did they hurt you anywhere? Oh my baby."

Tightly, she pulled me into a hug.

"Mom, I'm fine. I have a few stitches on my stomach that's all. Ahh.. and this is my friend, Jongin."

Slowly, she pulled away and stood to look at Jongin.

"Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Namil's friend. It's nice to meet you Mrs.Song."

He bowed a 90 degree bow and I only giggled at how polite he was. My mom also giggled along with me and she took her hands to hold Jongin's shoulders to raise him from his bow.

"There's no need to be polite. Think of me as your mother rather than Namil's mother."

She shot him a genuine smile and he did the same.

"You're as nice as Namil."

Jongin said. I slightly pulled his sleeve and pointed to my bed. Automatically, he pushed me to my bed and placed me on it.

"I'll take my leave now."

"Ani, If you'd like, I'd want you to stay with us."

My mom replied as Jongin turned around. Again, he turned to face me and I nodded, agreeing with my mom. He smiled and sat beside my bed.

"How did my daughter meet such a good looking young man like you?"

"We're only rooms apart and one of our friends decided to make us friends since we had no one to visit both of us in this caged hospital. Your daughter is beautiful herself. I think that's one of the reasons of why I became her friend."

"Did you hear that, Namil. He called you beautiful. He's the first guy I heard that ever called you beautiful. Jongin, I really hope you both stay good friends."

I laughed at my mom's words because they were true. Back in America, I was the most popular kid in my grade but no one dare approach me, therefore, I was never called beautiful or gorgeous by anyone except my friends or family. Gently, I grabbed my mom's hands and smiled. She knew what I meant already and smiled back.

"Baby, have I ever told you the story of how your father and I met?"

"Ani."

"I was raised in Korea, obviously you know that. You're father was raised in America, and you know that too. He moved to Korea, just like you did and I was his first friend. We bumped into each other at a local beach. I offered to show him around since it was his first time and we just fell in love. After he found out he was sick was when he stopped his dream and decided to marry me. The love of his life."

"Mom, I miss dad. Don't you?"

I asked, at the midst of crying.

"Honey, you know I do. I always do."

Her voice quivered as she said those lines. A tear slipped my eyes and it was automatically swept away by warm gentle finger. They were Jongin's. The next second I saw him also wipe away my mother's tears. She excused herself and left for the bathroom, leaving Jongin and I alone in my room. In an instant, I felt my whole body being held in arms. Slowly, I started to sob.

"Appa.. I miss you so much."

I continously whisper in Jongin's arms. His hands my hair to sooth my crying. I wrapped my arms around his waist and tugged him toward me. At that moment, I just needed a tight hug from someone. He rested his head on mine while my hair. After minutes, I fell asleep in his arms from all the crying the past few days. As I slept, my mother came into my room to check up on me before she left to unpack her things at a hotel.

"She's asleep."

Jongin said after seeing my mom at the door. She smiled and walked toward him.

"I'm glad you became my daughter's friend. In America, she had no one to be friends with. She'd never invite people over nor did others come to see her at our house. Every time she came home, a smile appeared on her face but I know she's bottling everything up inside herself. She's always wanted a friend like you beside her all the time. She once told me about this boy named Kyungsoo who's also like you. I'm really happy she met good people like you both."

A genuine smile popped on her face as she patted Jongin's back. Slowly, she walked out the door and left.

"I wish I had a mother like yours, Namil. I just wish I did.."

He layed me down on my bed, careful not to wake me and went to his room. I woke up about an hour later and found that no one was beside me. Slowly, I forced myself to turn so I was laying on my side. I took spot of my phone and noticed that it's been days since I've used it. I pressed the on button and did random things since I had nothing better to do. For 3 hours, I was alone. Honestly, I was used to the loneliness. My mom explained that I had no friends so I was practically lonely most of my life. In those hours, I daydreamed, spoke to myself, ate hospital food, and waited for someone to walk through that empty door of mine. Yet, no one did. Suddenly, the nurse that takes care of me dashes into my room.

"Namil, we need you."

Almost automatically, she places me on my wheel chair and takes me to the hallway. In the distance, I can hear shouting. Listening closer, it was coming from Jongin's room.

"Is he alright?"

I ask worried.

"You have to calm him down. None of us can and he's too strong for the male nurses to hold him down for the shot that calms him down. The last solution we thought of was you."

She rushes me to his room and as I look into his room, all I see is everything being in a mess. The white flowers that Jongin described to me as the flowers Baekhyun bought him were scattered on the ground with water and broken glass surrounding it. His bed sheets were wrinkled and half was on the ground. His pillows were laying on the ground and tables were either flipped over or in the middle of the room. By my feet were his pills. Jongin was standing by a table, getting ready to flip that one over too.

"Jongin.."

 

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ AUTHOR's NOTE~

 

 

 

 

 

Tention? No? I tried to make it the best since the last chapter was short. Sorry if this one isn't as good. I was just distracted by many things. Anyways, in a week I start my first year of high school. Meaning that I won't be able to write as much or publish as much. Thank you my dear readers for reading. Hwaiting!