Ch-5

Dreams ~HIATUS~

Waking up from light snores, I realized I hadn't hung up the phone when I fell asleep.

 

"Good morning, Kyungsoo."

 

Leaving my phone on my bed, I left to the bathroom and washed up. As I got out, the snoring was still heard and I decided to change and have my phone accompany me to the kitchen in case he wakes up and calls for me. Taking my electronic to the kitchen table, I start to make myself oatmeal since it was simple and not noisy. As I poured the last contents of my food into a glass bowl, someone rang my doorbell. Obviously, it couldn't have been Kyungsoo because the snoring could still be heard but suddenly stopped as my door rang. That only leaves Jongdae to be my visitor. Quickly dashing to the door, I open it and welcome him into my apartment.

 

"Are you about to eat?"

 

He asks right when he spots my bowl of untouched oatmeal.

 

"Ahh.. ne. Did you want some? I'll cook you some."

 

"Ani. Just get me water, thanks."

 

I grabbed a cup of cold water for him and gently set it on the table. Motioning for him to sit across from me, I sat on my seat and began eating.

 

"Namil."

 

I heard Kyungsoo call from the phone in a husky, morning voice. Reaching for my phone, I replied,

 

"Mianhae. Did I wake you up?"

 

"A little. The doorbell woke me up."

 

I managed a laugh and glanced up at Jongdae who was totally confused.

 

"Kyungsoo-ah, did you want to introduce yourself to the person who is touring me? He's sitting across from me."

 

"May I? Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Namil's chingu, Do Kyungsoo."

 

"Annyeonghasaeyo, I'm Namil's slave, Kim Jongdae."

 

Two different male laughs were heard and I playfully slapped Jongdae's shoulder.

 

"Mianhae."

 

He said in a roar the whole world could hear. I giggled along with them and finished my food as I noticed both of the men were getting along pretty well. They would talk about things that didn't really make sense to me. I would sometimes casually ask and they would answer,

 

"It's a 'man' thing."

 

I found their quick bond quite weird until I noticed that both their ages were 21 but Jongdae is to turn 22 this coming September, meaning he was older. Now it made sense why and how they got close so quickly. Getting up from my seat to wash the dishes, Jongdae pulled my hand, forcing me to sit again.

 

"I'll do them. Talk to Kyungsoo."

 

Hesitantly, I grabbed my phone away from his large hands and began a conversation. 

 

"Did you want to go out today? I have nothing planned since it's my day off. Jongdae hyung can come along too. Is it okay with you?"

 

"Ne. I'll have to ask him first."

 

I turned around to him being right behind me, almost scaring me to death. I let out a small shriek and accidentally kicked him in the shin.

 

"OWW! What was that for!"

 

"Omo, mianhae. I didn't mean to. Kwaenchana?"

 

"Ne. I'm fine, but what did you need to ask me?"

 

"Ahh, Kyungsoo wants to hang out. All three of us together."

 

"I'm fine with that. I'm free today anyway."

 

Turning back to the person on the phone, I told him his hyung's answer and hung up.

 

"He said he'll be here in 20 minutes. Stay here while I change. Feel free to tour around my house or touch anything. Just don't break things. Wait here."

 

Just like that, I left for my bedroom and changed my outfit into something casual. Coming out, I spotted him by my family pictures.

 

"I was pretty fat when I was little."

 

I said, insulting myself because it was the truth.

 

"Ani, you still look beautiful. And I take that this is your older sister and your mother?"

 

"Ne, my sister and I were always mistook as twins in America and my mom looks exactly like me."

 

"That's true. You and your sister seem to look alike and your mother is as beautiful as you. I see where you get it."

 

"Kamsa, Jongdae."

 

I replied, half blushing. We then sat in total awkwardness and shot up when we both heard the doorbell ring. Running to it, Kyungsoo was standing at the doorway waving energetically. I did the same thing and motioned for Jongdae to come over and see his dongsaeng for the first time. He walked over and was surprised by how handsome Kyungsoo was.

 

"I never thought you were this handsome."

 

"Same to you."

 

Both politely shook hands and followed after me as I was long ahead of them for the fact that I didn't want to listen to their conversation knowing it would be long and boring. I stepped out of the building and saw that outside was still wet from yesterday's rain.

 

"Let's go to the theme park! It's opened today right? Kaja!"

 

I whinned.

 

"But, it's still wet. We can go next time. Yakso."

 

Kyungsoo replied to my question. Jongdae just nodded in the background, knowing that getting me mad is the wrong thing to do.

 

"But I want to go. Jebal? It's wet but it's not raining. I'll love you forever! Jebal. Just once?"

 

I pouted toward him and his hyung.

 

"Arrasseo, Arrasseo. You win."

 

You're lucky you're cute.

 

He thought. (A/N-- Obviously she doesn't know what he's thinking.) Jongdae, in the background, just laughed at how easily he gave in and went to me and dragged me all the way to the theme park. Arriving, I automatically ran to the ring tossing station, paid for the rings, and started tossing. Sadly, I had only one ring left and had not shot anything.

 

"I'll do this."

 

Jongdae said, creeping up behind me. Laughing at his actions, I handed him the only one left and stepped out so he could take my place. To his luck, he shot the teil colored bear that was the size of my face and won his prize. After being handed the bear he turned towards me.

 

"You're prize ma'm."

 

Teasingly, he bowed like a prince while handing me the stuffed animal. Being the childish me, I wasn't thinking and automatically hugged him jumping around.

 

"You seem happy."

 

He said again.

 

"You won me this! How could I not be?"

 

I replied to his statement. Suddenly I noticed something odd. Kyungsoo wasn't with us.

 

"Where is Kyungsoo?

 

I asked worriedly.

 

"He said he was going to use the bathroom, but I don't understand why he's taking this long."

 

Only nodding my head we went to other stations and enjoyed the games they had. Again, being the person who at games, he won me something else. My reaction was the same but this time I was more enthusiastic.

 

"Someone is quite happy."

 

I heard someone else say. Turning around I saw Kyungsoo. Laughing, I dashed to him and waved the hand sized doll Jongdae got for me.

 

"You're happy just because of that? It's just a doll Namil."

 

"Would it be no different from a stuffed animal or a pendant? And he got it for me."

 

I said, pointing to his hyung who was now beside me. He laughed and took me by the wrist. For about the whole day, we wasted our money on countless things like games or rides that seemed fun.

 

"Are you hungry?"

 

Jongdae asks after almost 4 hours. Both of us nodded in excitement at the word 'hungry'. He then offered to buy food while Kyungsoo and I stay. We agreed to pitch in money and he left with 40,000 won in his pocket. Today was oddly a hot and humid weather noting that yesterday was just raining. Sweat ran down my face as walking tired out my legs and made me hotter. Right when I was about to lift my palm to wipe off the sweat, I felt soft cloth brush against my face, cleaning it off. I looked to my right and saw that it was Kyungsoo's doing.

"It's burning me too."

He said after I gave him a genuine smile. Taking the handkerchief from his hands, I flipped it over and slowly wiping his sweat also.

"You didn't even do yours, pabo."

I said teasingly. Flipping his hair up, I made sure to reach every corner just in case it ran down his face. Our eyes slowly met then he said the words that I thought he wouldn't ever say.

"Looking at you closely, Namil, you're like an angel."

I didn't know what to say back because we were just friends. Do friends usually say those things? Smiling, I replied,

"And you, a prince."

We both bursted out in laughter and I handed him back his handkercheif as I saw Jongdae standing from afar with an awkward yet sad vibe surrounding him. Motioning for him to place the food on the table, I ran to him and took the plates of food he couldn't.

Weirdly, Jongdae sat in stillness and quietness while Kyungsoo and I talked.

"Jongdae-ah, is anything wrong. You don't seem like yourself."

"Ani, I'm just not feeling well for some reason I'll leave first."

"We'll take you, it's getting dark anyways and Namil needs to get home before dark."

In total silence, I stood up to throw the leftover food away and followed as both of the boys were ahead of me.

"I'll call a cab for you since you aren't feeling well."

I said when we had gotten out of the theme park's gates. Jongdae nodded silently.

After a while, he got into a cab and went back home as Kyungsoo and I started our way back home.

"It's my fault he's sick, isn't it?"

I spoke.

"Ani, don't say that. It could have been he saw something he didn't want to see."

I didn't say anything back because I knew that I would end up blaming myself and he wouldn't make things better. For an hour, I walked back home, dragging my heels along the way.

"We're here."

Kyungsoo said after a while. Suddenly, he enveloped his arms around my tiny body and whispered,

"Don't think it's your fault, it'll make me feel guilty too."

Snaking my arms around his waiste, I whispered a 'Thank you' and let go. He waved good-bye as he watched me go inside my apartment building and disappear.