Ch-6

Dreams ~HIATUS~

It's now been about another month I have spent in Korea. Over that time, I noticed that Jongdae and Kyungsoo have gotten closer and acted like friends without being formal. Today was a normal Tuesday where I spend my time in a cafe that I normally go to until the afternoon then leave to a nearby beach and relax.

As I got out of my apartment, ready to leave for the cafe, I had a phone call from a private number. Hesitantly, I answered the phone call.

"Yobusaeyo?"

"This is Song Namil, correct?"

"Ne. Nugusaeyo?"

"This is Byun Baekhyun. Remember, we exchanged number so I could personally train you myself. Sorry for not being able to contact you earlier but are you free today by any chance? Today will start your first class with me."

"Ahh, ne. I'm free today. Where are we meeting? I'll be right there."

"If you don't mind, can we meet at your place? That's the only destination I have planned for now."

"Ne. I'll text you my address. I'll be at home waiting then."

Quickly, I sent him my address and he hung up. I ran back up to my apartment and fixed myself and my place to look cleaner. Within minutes, my doorbell ring and I open it to find a man in a black fluff coat, a shirt with a man's face printed in the front, a navy blue scarf covering his face, black skinny's and shoes, shades and a black snapback saying 'SUPREME' in big white letters blocking his eyes. Slowly, this man shifts his scarf down and whispers,

"It's me. Baekhyun."

Nodding in shock, I let him in and led him to my couch.

"Would you like water? Sorry, I only have bottled water and nothing else."

"Ne. I normally drink bottled water anyway. No need to be sorry."

He gave me a bright smile and I left smiling back. Returning with 2, I handed him one and gave one to myself.

"May I talk informally? We'll be spending time together for a long time so may I. You may too if you'd like. I wouldn't mind."

"N-ne. I'm usually not good with talking formally."

He laughed at my saying and slowly nods. I then spot him taking out his phone and search something up.

"Sing this just by reading the lyrics."

Carefully, he hands me his phone and I was shocked by the song. He chose the song 'I'm in love' by Ailee and 2LSON.

"Actually.. I c-can't read Korean. I can only s-speak."

I replied stuttering. Honestly, I was scared he was going to scold me for not being able to read. Instead he chuckles.

"Then sing any song you'd like. I'll just evaluate from there."

Surprised, I took a few deep breathes and started to sing 'East of Eden' by LC9, taking light breathes between every chorus and rap.

"You're really good. I still don't understand why BoA noona took you out. How about this, I'll sing and you try to harmonize with me."

I slowly nodded and he started. His voice was a bit low meaning I had to sing with a high yet low voice. I also started and listened but it didn't sound right for some reason. He then suddenly stopped.

"That's what you need to work on. Harmonizing."

"Ahh.."

I said, understanding. For 2 hours he helped me tried to understand how to do it, when to do it, and how to control my voice.

"Remember, listen well to the other person then carefully move your voice into their's. It's just like a couple or soulmates. They match perfectly and want to become one. That's what you want with 2 voices. Let's try again."

He then sang again and I took his advise. I listened to his voice and observed well. Then, I sang along with him.

"Daebak! You're better than Chanyeol."

I laughed at his compliment because Chanyeol was side partner for everything and it was rare for him to make of his friend. They were pretty famous in Korea for being the artists that never split.

"Did you want to take a break? We can. On our break, let's talk. I'd like to know you better."

"Ne. What would you like to know? Ask anything."

"Tell me anything."

He replied. From there, I told him about my dream, where I was originally from, the friends I made in the month I've stayed, my family back in America, my deceased father, who I look up to, and everything else about my background. Even the little things like my favorite color, food, flowers, and place. Since he was an artist, Baekhyun told me less things about himself. He mentioned his past life as a trainee, his high school and middle school life and the little things that didn't matter. He stayed for another hour then packed his things to leave.

"Wait, before you leave can I ask you something?"

I said, stopping him in his tracks.

"Ne. Anything."

"If by chance, I need someone to talk to and you're the only one, may I call you?"

"Of course, but there might be days where I am busy. And I apologize in advance if I'm not able to see you when you need someone most."

I smiled then walked out with him as he covered his face with his navy scarf.

"Take care, Baekhyun. Get home safely."

I whispered quietly just for our ears to hear. He turned around and waved. I did the same then went back inside. I looked at my livingroom table and retrieved the notes Baekhyun wrote for me to remember. Pinning them on my refridgerator, I tried to memorize them on my way to my bedroom. It was only 1pm, almost time for me to roam the beach I always go to.

Changing into light blue shorts and a white short sleeve top, I headed out the door along with my brown shoulder bag. Reaching the beach, I sat down at my normal spot and enjoyed the view that was in front of me. The sky was clear, the water was a beautiful color and no one was around to bother me. I took out my phone and dialed Jongdae's number but he didn't answer so I punched in Kyungsoo's number but he didn't answer either.

"I guess I'm spending the day by myself."

I then began thinking, taking my stress away then remembered what I had told Baekhyun earlier that day.

"I want to be a star because of my father. He always wanted to become one but never got the chance to. He then found out he was sick with cancer and married my mother. That's when they had my sister and I. For a short amount of time, my father spent time with the family. He was admitted to the hospital when I was only 5 and I would visit him often and he would always tell me these stories of his childhood days when he dreamed of being a famous singer just like Shin Sung Woo, the famous rocker. A few years later when I was 8, he left us officially. That's when I though of fulfulling my father's dream for him. For years, I trained myself and got to the skills I have now. My mother always told me that my dad would be proud of me if he was still with us."

I sat at the beach until night fall and bawled my eyes out, then decided to leave as I noticed it was already 9pm. I took the long route home because I needed more fresh air to cool down my red eyes. There was an alley way that was part of the long route and while I was walking through it, I heard footsteps then male voices laughing.

*START OF RATED-M SCENE*

"Look what we have here. We haven't had someone like her in a long time."

"You're right, what should we do with her?"

"You know exactly what we should do."

Afraid, my steps got faster each second and all I knew was I was running as fast as I could. I was too slow though and one of them caught me by my wrist and turned me around. I winced in pain as he pushed me toward the wall behind me. He then ran his finger tips down my neck then torso. His friend was standing beside him, laughing at how scared I looked. Suddenly, I felt a pair of hands reach for my thighs and I tried to get free but he quickly pulled a knife to my stomach.

"Move and I cut you, bit by bit."

Terrified, I stayed in position and sobbed quietly. Carefully, I snuck my hands into my bag and called the last person I had called which was Kyungsoo. I didn't care of he answered or not, at least he knew I was in danger. Luckily, my phone had a tracking devise and the person I called would know where I was.

I cried in pain as the ert's knife dug into my skin and slowly ripped it, causing me to bleed. His hands then crawled up to my chest and I felt disgusted like I was going to vomit. More hot tears spilled out of my eyes and my sobbs grew into cries as the ert was touching my body with filth. It was also the cry of pain because his knife was cutting my stomach over and over again. The ert didn't seem to notice.

Suddenly, his hands were being pushed under my white shirt and his bare skin touched mine as he lifted up my shirt.

*END OF RATED-M SCENE*

I was on the urge of screaming when his hands were taken off of me and all I heard were punches and groans beside me. Slowly, I dropped to the floor crying my eyes out. In what felt like hours, a pair of warm and comforting hands were rested gently in my shoulders and pulled down my white shirt to cover my exposed skin. I knew this person's scent and automatically wrapped my hands around his neck.

"Kyungsoo!"

I cried loudly. His hands my long hair.

"Jongdae and I are here now. You're safe. You're safe."

He repeated those lines until Jongdae joined him and tightly hugged me.

"Are you alright, Namil? Did they do anything bad to you? I knew I should have canceled the meeting today. I'm so sorry. Are you hurt?"

Slowly I nodded my head and showed him my red stained white shirt. In an instant, Kyungsoo picked me up and and screamed for Jongdae to call an ambulance. He did as told and ran after Kyungsoo who was taking me to the streets so the ambulance would spot us easily. While waiting, Kyungsoo spoke to me and made sure I was awake as I heard his hyung panicking on the phone.

"Stay with me, Namil. Talk to me."

"It hurts a lot, Kyungsoo. I can't endure it anymore. The cuts hurt too much."

"I'll talk to you so they won't hurt anymore, alright?"

Sure enough he did and so did Jongdae. They both made sure I hadn't fainted waiting for the ambulance to arrive. When it did, they both got in with me. The doctor inside the truck with us was treating my cuts and it burned. I lightly yelped in pain then felt hands grabbing mine. Jongdae had taken my hand and told me to squeeze it every time it hurt. Kyungsoo was by me, my hair and wiping away any tear that fell from my cheek.

"You'll be fine. I promise you."

He whipered in my ear as I felt his tears drop on my pale cheek. I looked down to Jongdae who was also looking back at me with worried eyes. I could only his hands, meaning I was going to be alright.

 

 

 

 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  AUTHOR's NOTE~

 

 

 

 

I haven't posted in days and I apologize. But THE FEELS! Jongdae and Kyungsoo <3 By the way readers, I know I've been placing Kyungsoo in front of Jongdae a lot and I try not to. Please leave comments so I can improve my writing. Hwaiting!