Ch-3

Dreams ~HIATUS~

For countless days, Jongdae and Kyungsoo have taken me out to see different places. Today marks the first weeks I have stayed in Korea and honestly, I'm really missing home. I'm not able to call because my mom has her business trip and my sister is at school. I got up from bed and walked to the kitchen where I cooked myself some chigae and scrolled through my phone. Then I see an article that catches my full attention. 

'SmTown to Have an Open Audition in Seoul'

Screaming, I knew this was my chance to make my mother proud. Reading the whole article, it had stated that the audition took place next week and in SM's building itself. As I noticed that I only had less than 5 days to prepare, I quickly ate my chigae and tried to find myself a strong song to sing. In hours, I decided to manage a song called 'Wild Flower' by IU.

Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ueEVnUSQYCc

I had thought the song matched my voice very well and since it was my favorite, I knew the lyrics perfectly.

"Hwaiting!"

I whispered lightly to myself. Right away I had practiced and, of course, I got frustrated due to my voice sounding all of a sudden husky.

"Why now!"

I yelled in anger. Grabbing my bag, I ran to a nearby store to purchase some coughdrops and erbs for my throat. On the way, I ran into Kyungsoo who was sitting alone. Thinking he would want some time to himself I grabbed the objects I had needed and went to the cashier. Paying the amount I needed, I took a last glimpse at him who was now staring back at me.

"Annyeong!"

Kyungsoo greeted, running toward me. I did the same and, like always, turned into my cheery old self.

"What are you doing here? OMO, are you sick already!"

He asked in worry as he spotted the medicine I had bought.

"Ani, next week I'm auditioning for SmTown so I kind of needed these to help my throat since I'm going to be singing and practicing before actually auditioning."

"Oh! That's right. Good Luck Namil-ah! Hwaiting."

I nodded my head and he continued to walk me home. As we reached my apartment, he asked to enter and I hesitated a bit as this was the first time I had someone over except for Jongdae.

"Ne."

I replied to his sudden question. I punched in my code and lead him into my place. Placing down the things I had purchased, I motioned for Kyungsoo to sit down on my couch.

"May I hear you sing once?"

He asked. I only laughed hesterically as I was never going to sing to him until I acually knew I was perfect.

"Jebal? Just a line? Jebal?"

He pouted cutely. Again, I laughed and shook my head in disagreement.

"Don't make me."

Kyungsoo threatened. Now I was scared. What was he going to do? I never told him any of my weak points so he wouldn't know anything. Still, I ran to opposite end of the room and disagreed. I saw him stand from the couch and come closer to me. Running away, I laughed like a kid although I had no clue what he was going to do. His pace got faster as I noticed he was also laughing like me. I stopped behind my kitchen, knowing that we would run in circles around it, and admired how happy he looked at the moment. I was so dazed that I hadn't noticed Kyungsoo was almost next to me. Again, I ran to the couch but noticed I was trapped.

Damn it! Why did I run over here!

I had no where to go or run and I saw the smirk of satisfaction on his face. Quickly he ran to me and took a hold of my hips.

"What are you doing?"

I asked as his hands were gently placed upon my waiste. He leaned towards my ear and whispered,

"Tickling you"

"No!"

I screamed as laughter bursted out of me. Yes, I was very ticklish and no one knew that. He was the first person to find out.

"Will you sing for me now?"

He asked again. Still, I shook my head because I'd rather be laughing than being made fun of. After minutes, he still didn't stop and my laughing didn't either. I felt like I was going to die.

"What about now?"

Kyungsoo asks for the fourth time, giggling like a 4 year old. Giving in, I knew I was going to regret this. Grabbing my phone I pulled out the lyrics just in case I forget them from all the nervousness building up inside me.

Then I started singing. Oddly, after the first few lines, I was no longer scared and sang to my heart's content. Ending the song peacefully, I heard silent claps. Looking up to Kyungsoo, his face was unreadable.

"Was it good? Did I do well?"

I asked worriedly.

"It was awesome, Namil. I might ask you to sing for me every night as a lullaby."

"Jinja! Kamsa, Kyungsoo-ah. You should sing for me too. Since you tortured me and made me do it, you should too."

"Ani, I'd prefer cooking. Maybe someday."

I agreed and sent him out as he said that he had plans in an hour. Happy with the compliment he gave me, I plopped a coughdrop in my mouth and continued to practice.

The week flew by and tomorrow was already the day I was going to audition. Jongdae knew and wanted to take me there. Today, I decided to drink a lot of the erbs I bought and not practice since I needed to save my voice. Suddenly, I got a call from my mom.

"Mom? Why are you calling? I miss you so much!"

"Jongdae called me and told me you were auditioning tomorrow. I called you to wish you a Good Luck. How is my baby doing?"

"I'm doing good, mom. I also made a friend. His name is Do Kyungsoo and he treats me nicely. Better than my friends over there who don't care about me at all."

"Jinja? I hope he loves you too, Namil. It's time for you to get a boyfriend."

Our conversation lasted all day and I hung up noticing that I needed sleep for tomorrow. 

I woke up automatically excited about the day and made myself erb tea with healthy chigae to give me strength. After breakfast, I went to my bedroom and put on light BB Cream, eyeshadow, a thin line of eyeliner, one coat of mascara, and baby pink lipstick. Going to my closet, I picked out my best casual outfit which was a white shirt which exposed my shoulder entirely, a violet skirt that held a bow tied around my waiste, a pearl neckalace and bracelet, and my black shoulder bag. Jongdae knocked on my door as I popped the last coughdrop in my mouth and we left. I made sure to memorize all the lyrics when I was nervous and made my beat to the song correct. I spent hours making sure that everything was perfect. Arriving there to be the 28th contestant to audition, Jongdae and I sat on nearby chairs.

"Why don't you sing for me? I've never heard it before and you want it to be awesome right? I'm a good singer myself so I'll make sure everything is fine."

Believing his words, I sang to him openly and as expected he was amazed.

"Daebak! There is nothing to fix. You'll pass for sure, Namil. Hwaiting!"

Then they called my number to go. He took my hands, squeezed it and wished me good luck. I entered the room where I was to audition in and saw that Byun Baekhyun and BoA were my judges. Nervously, I sang out loud and proud and luckily, I made it to the finals. It was I and 30 other people cramped into a different room where they announced who was leaving because they would only except 10 people to be trainees. Meaning that 20 contestants had to go home. My heart thumped in fear and stopped when I heard my number on that list. Tears slowly rolled down my cheeks but I pretended to be strong. When my number was called, I noticed that Baekhyun looked confused and checked it again over BoA's shoulder and sure enough, it was me. 

The 20 people were to leave immediantly and I did. I was the last person to exit because well, I was the last person to be called. Drooping my body out, I heard someone call my name. Turning around, I saw that it was Baekhyun who wanted me.

"Ne?"

I answered, trying to sound cheerful.

"I didn't expect you to leave. Noona must have put you on the list because we actually couldn't decide between you or another person. But I'd like to help you, If you let me. I want to train you for the next audition, which would be in about a year. I saw something in you that I don't usually see. Would you give me the honors of helping?"

My eyes grew teary as this was so sudden to me. The most famous solo artist in Korea was asking me to give him the honors of helping me. It's always been my life long dream and it came true.

"I'd gladly give you the honors, Byun Baekhyun."

I said excitedly. We exchanged numbers and and that's when we said our farewells. I left to go back to Jongdae and saw that he was sleeping peacefully on the chair.

"It must be uncomfortable.."

I mumbled to myself. In seconds, his eyes flickered open.

"You're back already? Sorry I fell asleep. Did you pass?"

"Ani.. but the famous Byun Baekhyun offered to train me for the next audition."

"Wow!! I hope you pass the next one."

He said as his eyes were gleaming with joy. We left the building and he sent me home because I didn't feel like doing anything but resting. Right when I got home, I took off the make-up, changed into something comfortable, and jumped in bed. Like that, my day ended horribly but good.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ AUTHOR's NOTE~

 

 

 

She meets Baekhyun today! Now starts the real deal as she has 3 handsome men in her life. DUN DUN DUN! I hope you enjoy my fanfiction. Thank you my dear readers. I think I might make a nick name for you all. How about, abear? Yes?No?