Ch-1

Dreams ~HIATUS~

I've always dreamt of becoming a Korean star since I was little. Once I was grown I decided to move to Korea for myself to achieve it, since I lived in America. For days I hesitated if I should tell my mom since I had already turned 18 and finished high school.

"Mom?"

"Yes, honey?"

"You know how I've always wanted to be a star in Korea?"

"Yes. What about that?"

"Umm.. I want to m-move to Korea th-this year."

I feared of her answer. The reason was because, at first, she didn't agree of my dream until years after. What if she does the same to this?

"Okay, honey. I'm okay with that. Did you need help to move? Did you-"

"Oh My Gosh.. REALLY!"

I didn't expect her to agree so easily. In seconds, I hugged her tightly and spun her around.

"Thank you so much, mommy!"

I heard her chuckle as I ran off to my bedroom. Everything went as planned. I knew the Korean language already as I studied by myself for years and I could at least write words in Korean after studying for 3 years exactly. All I needed to do was find a hotel, book my plane ticket, and maybe find myself a college to study while I do different auditions for different companies. Luckily, my parents were rich and wil be able to afford these things within a day. In weeks, I found myself a nice and affordable apartment and booked a flight for the following week. My mom helped me prepare to move and so did my sisters who helped me buy accessories for the section of apartment I was living on. In the next days I planned as to what I would do and how to make my life worth while as I lived in Korea. I made plans like visiting the Han River or going to the Namsan Tower and sight see things I've always wanted to.

"Namil-ah! Come down here. I need to talk to you for a bit."

"Okay, mom"

I ran downstairs of our giant house and reached the livingroom where my mom was sitting happily.

"Yeah?"

"Oh, you're here. So, I called Seoul's tourist workers to take you around for the first few months of your stay. Don't worry, I asked for the best one they had and even bribed for the best of the best with money. You'll be safe with him."

"Him? You're asking me to go around Seoul with a man? How are you so sure I'm even safe?"

"I knew you'd say that. Therefore, I told the manager that if you were injured in any way due to the person touring you then I'd sue them and take my money back. You'll be fine, honey. Trust me."

She then gave me a geniune smile and I did the same. Honestly, I was scared because it was a man but her actions and words towards the company to keep me safe was enough to convince my soul that I would be safe with the person. Heading back to my bedroom, I checked how many days I had in America.

"Only 2 more days.."

I whispered sadly. Slowly dragging my body to bed, I fell asleep.

In those 2 precious days, I spent the time with my family and friends. I knew that I would most likely stay until I give up on my dream or until I feel like coming home but it was most likely not going to happen at all. I was going to miss them all dearly. The night before I was going to leave, my mom called me down again as she herself was going to leave for a bussiness trip in other states.

"Yes, mom?"

"Remember how I told you about the person taking you for a tour? His name will be Kim Jongdae so look out for him in the airport when you arrive, okay? They told me that he looks young but he's the best they had that takes good care of customers. The manager ask me not to worry because he has a clean background and he's the sweetest in the office. Good Night, honey."

She kissed me in the forehead and sent me to my bedroom. My sister did the same and I slept soundly and early. My flight was to be at 3am and was to arrive at 4pm. The morning came and I got dressed, checked my luggage, took my plane ticket and woke my family memeber up before I left. First, I awoke my older sister.

"I'm leaving and I don't know exactly when I'm coming back. Maybe in 10 years. Don't miss me too much and be safe."

"Have a safe flight Namil, visit us if you have the chance."

She quietly sobbed and I pulled her into a tight hug. Sending her back to dream land, I next woke up my mom.

"Mom, I'm leaving."

"Already, honey? Have a safe flight to Korea and I hope you meet someone you want to marry. Maybe you should marry the Kim Jongdae boy."

She teased as tears ran down her cheeks.

"I will if that makes you happy."

I said half teasing her and half telling the truth. She knew I was. A smile crept on her face as more hot liquid escaped her eyes.

"Be safe, baby. I love you."

I left her to sleep after she left a kiss in my forehead. My eyes suddenly grew watery as I turned the handle from the front door and took a last look at the house. Saying my farewells to the house itself I called for a cab and went straight to the airport.

Arriving to Seoul at 4:28pm, I got off the plane and looked around for the person touring me around. After scanning for minutes, I found a man holding a poster that wrote my name on it. Truthfully, he was pretty handsome. His jawline was what attracted me and his slim body also. I waved to him wildly and quickly he had noticed. Walking up to him I cautiously asked,

"Kim Jongdae?"

"Ne, and just Jongdae is fine with me. May I take your luggage Ms. Song?"

"You can just call me Namil. No need to be formal. We are about the same age anyway. I'm 18 and you're 21, correct?"

"Ah, ne N-Namil."

I couldn't help but smile at his cute embarrased face as he said my name for the first time.

"Shall we?"

I asked, which brought him back to Earth. He took my suitcase and lead me to his car near where we stood. A good hour passed as we finally reached our destination. My new apartment. Excitedly, I got out of the car and took my luggage inside. The owner showed me around and gave me the honors of picking my own 4 digit code for the door. He then left and I was alone in the house with Jongdae helping me unpack and set everything. Surprisingly, the accessories I bought weeks ago were set perfectly inside before I had arrived. My mom must have paid someone to do it for me. It was now 7pm and the house was now finished.

"Are you hungry?"

I heard Jongdae ask.

"Naega? Yeah, I kind of am."

"I'll take you out to the best place around here. It's not expensive either. Trust me on this one."

I jumped in joy and the thought of food made me more hungry than I actually was. Quickly, I grabbed my jacket and bag then left to follow him who was now at his car waiting for me. I got in and he started to drive after making sure I was comfortable in his car. He obviously didn't want his manager to be angry at him for one little mistake.

"Is it your first time in Korea? Is it why you needed me to tour you around for a few month?"

"Ahh.. Ne. You don't have to if you don't want to. I can go around by myself."

"Ani! I enjoy taking you around. You have a high spirit which, I know, would cheer me up. I'll pretend you're my little sister."

He said cheerfully. I smiled at his words and nodded. We reached the restaraunt and we got out. I was amazed at how fancy the place looked.

"It's pretty isn't it? Let's go inside."

He said pulling me along. As we got in the building, I noticed that he must have been a normal customer since everyone knew him.

We were then seated at the back where there were more colorful lights and we ordered our food.

"Are you a regular?"

I asked curiously.

"Ani. I work here actually."

"Wow, so you have two jobs. Daebak!"

Our food then arrived and we ate. I guess I was just hungry from the flight because I finished my food before Jongdae did. He lightly chuckled at my actions and tummy for taking in so much food all at once. I offered to pay since I was the one who ate the most but he denied my offer as he said that he was the one who took me to this place. I was convinced but felt bad afterwards knowing how much it cost.

"Mianhae.."

I apologized.

"For what?"

"For eating a lot and making you pay for everything."

"It's fine. You were just hungry and I was the one who took you anyway. You shouldn't feel bad."

His words made me feel better after a while and I went back to my cheery self. Inside the car we talked about ourselves. I told him about my dream, my normal life in America, and about my deceased father who loved me more than anyone in the world. He told me about his jobs, his past life with love, and about his family who loved him dearly. We got to know each other more in the car and for a second I thought my mom's teasing was about to come true in a few years. If we kept talking after his job was over, that was. We reached my apartment and bid each other good bye. He wished me a good night and so did I. As I walked inside the apartment, I had a feeling that moving to Korea wasn't a bad idea after all.

 

 

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- AUTHOR's NOTE

 

 

 

She now meets Kim Jongdae who tours her around. Later on she will meet the main person who she actually falls in love with. Wait for the next chapter!!~