Truth

Royal Maid

"Yoona-yah! Do you want to come to the gift shop with me? I saw something that I thought you would like," Yuri said to Yoona through gritted teeth and a smile.
"Sure." Yoona looked at Yuri questioningly before following her out to the gift shop.
The second the two girls reached a good distance to where Chanyeol couldn't accidentally listen in on their conversation, Yuri began her rant.
"Why didn't you tell me your were Chanyeol's sister?!” Yuri frustratedly whispered.
"You never let me!" Yoona defended.
"I'm sorry about the way I treated you, just pleaseee don't tell Chanyeol about all the mean things I did to you...'kay?" Yuri blinked cutely.
Yoona said in between laughter. "Alright. Do you really like my brother?"
"Yes. I would do anything for him," Yuri insisted.
"Okay, just be good to him," Yoona finished before returning to her brother with Yuri following after.
The trio went on their last ride for the day and that was none other than the ferris wheel that overlooked the whole carnival. Being the kind, yet so selfish person she was, Yoona let Yuri and Chanyeol have the whole booth to themselves while she flew solo in her own booth, which gave Yoona some time to reflect while staring out at the sunset sky.
Meanwhile, Yuri was enjoying her alone time with Chanyeol and made a mental note to thank Yoona later.
"So... how do you like Korea so far Yuri-ssi?" Chanyeol asked, wanting to break the awkward silence.
"It's nice, I haven't been here since nine years ago..." The memory she had repressed in the back of her mind came rushing back and gave her a cringe attack. Which also made her look like a crazy person to Chanyeol.
"Are you okay?" Chanyeol cautiously asked.
"Yeah," Yuri nervously chuckled. “I just remembered something that's all.” 
Chanyeol leaned in closer to Yuri, which made her blood rush to her cheeks at 50 kph. Thoughts flooded Yuri's mind when Chanyeol was so close to her lips, she braced for impact, but when nothing came Yuri opened her eyes to see that Chanyeol had reached past her to get her phone. "Your phone's ringing." 
It took a few a seconds for the realization to sink in. Yuri scoffed and glared at Chanyeol in disbelief.
"What? You thought I was going to kiss you? Yuri-ssi, please, let's be real here," Chanyeol said with a hint of suppressed laughter. He had the mind of an eight year old and never experienced romance, because he still thought girls had the cooties.
Embarrassed, Yuri snatched the phone from Chanyeol's hand and picked it up. Surprisingly, it was still ringing after all this time.
"H-hello?" Yuri began.
"Come to The Park. Now." Even over the phone Yuri could sense Sehun's demanding tone.
"Yah! I will not take this kind of treatment from someone who doesn't use honourifics! I'm your noona… Sehun? Sehun!" By then he had already hung up and the ride came to an end.
"Well, I had fun today Chanyeol-ssi, see you later!" Yuri sped out of the cart and ran towards her chauffeur. Chanyeol remained idle in his place while he waited for Yoona, and wondered if he had hurt Yuri's feelings.

 


 

Sehun stood next to the run-down swings while he waited for Yuri. All his anger was boiling up, just waiting to explode when Yuri came face to face with Sehun.
"Is this about Jihyun?" Yuri asked. She knew because this was the exact playground the three of them always hung out at before the accident.
"This letter. How long have you been keeping it?" Sehun angrily ed the letter out from his pocket, and took away its protection from the cold winter air.
How did he find that? Yuri stammered, "I-I..." she broke out in a cold sweat.
"If you hadn't-" Sehun put his hand to his forehead, unable to bear it. He felt guilty, he had always blamed it on Yuri, but in his heart he knew it was his fault. He just couldn't bring himself to say it.
"I didn't mean to get in that accident! I didn't do it because I hated her! Sehun, please!" Yuri begged and sobbed and went on her knees. She was a lady of class and would never deign to this, but she made an exception, because it was engraved in her heart that she thought it was her fault.
"Get up." Sehun pulled a sobbing Yuri to her knees and into his embrace. He comfortingly patted her back while she cried into his arms.
He wanted to say it wasn't her fault, that it was his, but he just couldn't do it. To finally come to realization that he was the one who had indirectly killed Jihyun, his first love, was too much for him.

 


 

Yoona had just gotten home, for she was spending the night at her house. Chanyeol had gone into the shower and left Yoona in the stark living room. She was a positive and bright person, but sometimes you have to let the sadness take over in order to properly cleanse yourself. Well, in Yoona's case, all she did was bury her emotions, which eventually made them overflow.
The memories of her once happy family came flooding back.
 
"Your hair is so pretty my saseum." Yoona's mom said whilst she brushed her hair and prepped it for a braid.
"It's all from you genes omma." Yoona giggled and smiled at her mom, which made the gap from her missing baby tooth quite noticeable.

"Omma!!!! Yoona came rushing into the hospital. Her mom was just in a hit-and-run accident and her life was slipping away.
"I love you all." Yoona's mom choked. She looked at each member of her family. Her loving husband, daughter, and son. And then the long awaited beep came.

 
Yoona ran to her room and shut the door. She leaned against it and slid to the floor, trembling. Tears fell in a frenzy down her face and Yoona's breath shuddered out, which left her chest aching in pain for her long gone mother.