Competition

Royal Maid

The next morning, Seohyun came tiredly and miserably into Yoona's room.

"Eonnie. I can't go to school today." She said in a hoarse and raspy voice.

"What?!" Yoona ran up to Seohyun and placed the palm of her hand on Seohyun's forehead. Fever. 

"Okay, go back to your room and- ask Sooyoung to come and take care of you. I'll get the school work you'll miss today." Yoona smiled warmly at Seohyun before lightly pushing her towards her room.

"Saranghae eonnie!" Seohyun called out, touched by Yoona's gesture. Apparently no one has shown that much affection to her.

Yoona made a heart with her hands to show Seohyun before she exited the Blue House doors. Yoona was near the bus stop when she got off the phone with Soohyun. When a black car stopped a few feet ahead of her and a blonde head stuck itself out of the tinted window and turned to face her.

"Get in the car. We're going to school together."

Yoona's eyes widened in surprise after Sehun finished. She wasn't going to ride in the same car as him! No way. Yoona tried to think of the best response to Sehun's not-so-question.

"Um, sorry, but I, um, I don't want to waste my bus pass!" She smiled nervously and waved her bus pass at Sehun.
"It wasn't a question, it's was an order-from your employer." Sehun got out of the car and headed towards Yoona, determination in his eyes. Luckily for her, the bus came at that time, and she made a break for it. Surprised by Yoona's sudden run, Sehun quickly followed in her footsteps. Once Yoona got on the bus, Sehun right behind her, whispered in her ear.

"Where did you think you were going?" Sehun grabbed her wrist and headed towards the doors when it shut. 

"Oh well, guess I can't ride with you to school." Yoona sped walk toward an empty seat when the bus lurched forward, making her fall into someone's lap. And it was none other than Lee Donghae, Sehun's current rival at Jeguk. "Great." Sehun murmured to himself and silently rolled his eyes.

"Y-Yoona-ssi." Donghae's cheeks were starting to turn pink as Yoona continued to sit in his lap, also in shock as to what happened in the past 5 minutes. He wasn't able to take this anymore, once the bus stopped at it's next location, Sehun pulled Yoona off of Donghae's lap and out of the bus. 

"What was that for? We're not even at the right stop!" Yoona anxiously yelled at Sehun. So in turn, She grabbed his wrist and was about to step in the bus when it drove away with an upset Donghae who stared longingly at Yoona.

She sighed and without a word, started walking off in the bus's direction.

"Wait! I have an idea!" Sehun called out to Yoona, he wanted to make sure that his plan would work before school started. "I can call my chauffeur to come and pick us up." He said to a now-listening Yoona.
Yoona contemplated for a while and reluctantly decided to go with Sehun. I mean, it was better than being late. She did have a perfect attendance so far at her old school and she was going to make sure to continue that tradition of her's.


Sehun called his chauffeur five minutes ago, and still no sign of the driver. Yoona was getting impatient and Sehun had to think of a way to keep her occupied just a little but more in order for his plan to succeed.

"Sehun-ssi, thank you for your offer, but I think I'm just going to walk to school." Yoona bowed ninety degrees to her 'employer', turned the opposite direction of him and started walking.

"Wait! He's here!" Sehun desperately called out to her again. Yoona turned around slowly and eyed him suspiciously before seeing a black mercedes in the distance. They both quickly got in the car and headed to school.


"Im Yoona....is Yoona not here?" The teacher looked at Yoona's empty seat, and was about to mark her absent when the classroom door burst open.

"Sorry we're late Mrs. Park!" Yoona and Sehun bowed at their teacher before they headed back to their seats when the teacher stopped them.

"Sehun-ssi, just because you're the president's son doesn't mean you can get off the hook, so give me a reasonable excuse as to why you and Yoona-ssi were late to my class and maybe I'll let you both off with a warning." The teacher crossed her arms and stared expectantly at Sehun and Yoona.

"I made Yoona miss the bus so that way I could take her to school, but my chauffeur was late to pick us up." The minute Sehun said that all the students in class gasped and whispered to each other wondering why Sehun would do that in the first place. And Donghae was especially upset after he heard the news of the aftermath with Sehun once Yoona got off the bus.

"Alright, just get in your seats and stop disturbing class." The teacher struggled to hide her smile as she eyed the two 'lovebirds' go to their seats.


School was going to be out in two minutes and Sehun needed to think of a way to get Yoona to ride home with him. Even though phase one of his plan worked, he needed phase two to guarantee that all the boys would back off Yoona, even though he couldn't have her, he was going to make sure no one else could.

Sehun broke out of his thoughts when he devised another perfect plan, but by the time he thought of it, the bells rang. Sehun quickly gathered his belongings and ran to find Yoona, he had to get to her first if he wanted the plan to work.
He saw Yoona run out the school doors and he hurried to catch up, only to find her in the arms of none other than, Kim Soohyun. Sehun stopped dead in his tracks and listened in to their conversation.

"Oppa! What are you doing here?" Yoona happily looked up at Soohyun from their hug and detached herself while still having her hands on his arms.

"I wanted to surprise you." Soohyun looked at Yoona with a loving gaze only Yoona wasn't aware of.

"So do you still want to do the plans we made? Just earlier?" Yoona hopefully asked.

"Yes." Soohyun barely grasped Yoona's hand when someone dived right in between them.

"Plans? Yoona-ssi, you have to come home and clean, remember?" Sehun reminded Yoona.

"Oh, don't worry Sehun-ssi, I already asked Madam and she said I could have the day off." Yoona cheerily said to him. Yoona and Soohyun began to walk ahead of him and held hands when Sehun couldn't take it anymore.

"Wait! I'll come too!" Sehun ran in between the two and smile at Yoona while giving a glare to an equally angry and annoyed Soohyun.

The trio went to eat, walked around downtown, played games, and drank Soju. Other than the fact that Sehun was busy trying to tear the friends apart, you could say they had a good time. Of course Soohyun also did whatever it took to try and shoo Sehun away. It was around eleven pm when they called it done and decided to go home. Soohyun drove and made sure Yoona got shotgun while Sehun sat in the back, sticking his head inbetween the driver and passenger seat.

"So Yoona," Sheun started, "do you like the chocolate I won for you?" 

"Yeah, it was really good Sehun-ssi." Yoona smiled at him.

Soohyun was unable to stand the sight of what was happening and decided to intervene. "Yoona-ah, your hand must be cold from eating that ice cream I got you earlier, here, let me warm them up." Soohyun took her hands and put them in his jacket pocket along with his left hand.

Sehun was about to object when he saw that the Blue House was near. "Well, it was fun hyung, but me and Yoona have to go now, so, later!" Sehun got out of the car while he said that and closed the door. Soohyun drove away, leaving Sehun in front of his house.

"Yoona, did you have fun tonight?" Sehun turned to look over at where Yoona would have been standing if she was actually there.