Old times

Royal Maid

From roller coasters to the teacups, they did it all. Yoona, Yuri, and Chanyeol had been at the carnival for about three hours when they decided to stop by the street vendors aisle to eat lunch.
"Yoona-yah, want to share some fish cakes with me?" Chanyeol asked, still completely blinded at the fact that Yuri was here with them as well. The whole time Chanyeol's attention span was directed at Yoona, leaving Yuri as frustrated as ever. She didn't know why her usual charms weren’t working on him. Guys would fall into a deep pit of infatuation, or even love if Yuri did the tiniest thing, like wink at them for example.
Yuri cleared and tried to make herself get noticed. "Oppa~" she tugged on his sleeve and continued, "I want to go try that haunted house, but I'm too scared, will you go with me and hold my hand?" She looked up at him expectantly and batted her long, fake, eyelashes.
Chanyeol opened his mouth to answer when suddenly a bunch of guys in their mid-twenties, and some thirties came rushing over to Yuri.
"I'll take you!"
"I will protect you with my life!"
"I'll carry you through the haunted house!"
All at once they dragged a reluctant and uncooperative Yuri with them to the haunted house.
"Well, so much for that." Chanyeol laughed and rubbed his right hand against his neck.
"C'mon oppa, we'll just find a table and wait for Yuri-ssi," Yoona said, and lead Chanyeol towards an empty table facing a dazzling water fountain. Yoona and Chanyeol were reminiscing about the old times when their parents were still here and how they would always go to these carnivals and watch the fireworks together at Han River. Both had a sad smile on their face as they thought about the times they were a happy family.
Yuri was walking out of the haunted house in a complete daze with her hair disheveled. It was like she was a zombie that turned human again once she heard the word family come out of Yoona's lips. Yuri quickly snapped out of her trance and hid behind a sign. Luckily, she wasn't so close that Yoona and Chanyeol would see her, yet she wasn't so far that she wouldn't be able to pick out their conversation. In other words, it was the perfect spot for her to be attentive and not get caught.
The first voice Yuri heard was Chanyeol's. "Even though we lost our parents, I'm still glad I have you as my sister."
"Me too, oppa. We will always have each other." Yoona's voice sounded so genuine that Yuri could picture her smiling as she said those words.
Yuri had a shock of realization. Yoona was Chanyeol's sister. No wonder. Yuri smacked her forehead to punish herself for being so dense. She had to be nice Yoona. Yuri would not let Yoona bad-mouth anything about her to Chanyeol. After a self-motivational pep talk, Yuri plastered on a fake smile and headed towards the affectionate siblings. Charm in one hand and acting skills in the other.

 


Sehun barged into the extra guest bedroom in the Blue House that was currently the sleeping quarters of his cousin, but from the way he was acting, it didn't look like it was going to be any longer. Sehun angrily ped Yuri's luggage and began messily stuffing clothes inside. He grabbed one particular black sweater hanging in her closet when a crinkled piece of paper fell out from one of its pockets.

Sehun slowly and tentatively unfolded the paper. From the looks of it, it looked quite old so, Sehun took extra caution in handling it. The minute he saw the first word Sehun's heart jumped from shock. He could recognize that handwriting from anywhere, it was one that would never leave his memory. His first love. Sehun's hand slowly unfolded the blood-filled letter.

January 20, 2006

Dear Yuri, 

   I know you don't like me. I'm probably a nuisance to you. I'm not stylish, I can't afford designer clothing, but I know someone who does love me for me. And that's S----h---n. We are so happy together. I can practically feel it. I hope you can accept me. I know it was you who --------------- him, but I would appreciate it if you don't toy with his feelings like that. Anyways, I really like you Yuri eonni, I hope you will eventually let me find a way into your heart. I---------

Love, Jihyun

Sehun's tears made the paper even less readable on top of the blood. He knew this was right before the accident, he was sure of it. Same date.....blood. But he also knew who Jihyun was on her way to see before the accident, which made it even worse.