A whole new school

Royal Maid

Yoona and Seohyun were washing the dishes once dinner finished and started talking about going to school tomorrow. 

"Can you believe that Tae- Madam is making us switch schools?!" Yoona said, angrily while she scrubbed the dishes.

"I know right." Seohyun said glumly. "I'm going to be separated from my Kyuhyunie~" she pouted.

"That's too bad, how did you guys meet?" Yoona asked Seohyun as she passed her another bowl to be rinsed.

 "Well, it started off like this," Seohyun started off, but Yoona was lost in her own thoughts. She started to replay the memories she had with Soohyun, from when they first met to now. She wanted to make more memories with him, but since she had to go to another school, it would be hard to see him as often.

Yoona ad Seohyun finished the dishes and headed upstairs to see Taehee and get their uniforms. Once they reached her door, Yoona and Seohyun exchanged hesitant looks. After standing in silence, contemplating when to go in, Yoona gathered up her courage and tenatively knocked on the door.

"Come in!" Taehee called from inside.

"Madam, we're here for our uniforms." Yoona shyly asked with her head poked between the small opening to the Master bedroom.

"That's right! I completely forgot.Here." Taehee handed them both uniforms. "You will be going to Jeguk University, which is a private university that is mostly for the elite and they require uniforms unlike most schools. However, unlike my Sehun, you will have to take the bus." Taehee informed them. She went back to reading her magazine, a clear sign that there was no more to be said.

 


 

Yoona and Seohyun headed back to their rooms, and on the way, Yoona bumped into Sehun.

"Sorry." Yoona bowed, she quickly started to walk away when Sehun called out to her, "Wait!"

Yoona stopped in her tracks and slowly turned her head in Sehun's direction. "Yes?" 

 "See you at school tomorrow." Sehun tried his best to look friendly, but failed. He gave a small grin in her direction, which unortunately, only made him seem constipated. at Yoona and walked to his room. "Um, sir, do you need me to get you some laxatives?" Sehun's eyes opened in embarrassmet.  quickly answered 'no' and speed-walked to his room.. Yoona dismissed that thought, thinking nothing of it when she entered her room which was across from Sehun. 

 I'll be going to Jeguk university now oppa, if you want, come and visit me! <3 Goodnight.

She set her phone down on the bedside table and turned her lamp off. She was all washed up and clean. Ready for the new school day. She tossed and turned in bed, the thought of going to a new school distracted her.

 Eventually she fell asleep, wondering what catastrophe lay ahead tomorrow.

Yoona looked at herself in the mirror, and admired the person staring back at her when the bedroom door bursted open with Seohyun running towards her.

"Eonnie! Let's go!" Seohyun put her right arm over Yoona's shoulder and started pulling her towards the door.

"Why are you so excited?" Yoona eyed Seohyun suspiciously. 

"I thought about it last night, and going to a new school isn't so bad. I mean, we can start over and be whoever we want." Seohyun stated matter-of-factly. "So don't be so upset that your boyfriend can't walk you to school anymore." She teased.

By the time the two maids finished talking, they had already reached the gates and bumped into Sehun. Who was just getting into the car when he heard a snippet of their conversation.

"Good morning master." Yoona and Seohyun said simultaneously, clearly surprised by their encounter with Sehun. However, he didn't look the least bit fazed. He merely ignored them with a scoff, most likely at Seohyun's last sentence, then he got in the car that drove him to school.

"Well.. We have 10 minutes until the bus comes, wanna race?" Yoona put on her competitive face on and eyed Seohyun.
"Bring it." 

Soohyun reached Yoona's door, a routine engraved in his mind for over 7 years when he remembered that Yoona had transferred to Jeguk. 

Soohyun sadly scoffed at her front door and decided to take a new route to school. One he never took with Yoona. 


Yoona and Seohyun had to part ways since Seohyun was a grade lower. Once Yoona got to her first class, all the seats had been taken or reserved. Except for one that was next to a window in the second to last row, right next to a handsome boy. 

Yoona made her way to the back and sat next to him. He had black hair and his head was turned away from her, so Yoona couldn't see his face, but she did notice a silver bracelet on his left wrist. Once everyone entered class, including Sehun, the teacher called Yoona up to announce her arrival to Jeguk.

"Yoona-ssi, please introduce yourself to everyone." 
"Anyeonghaseyo! My name is Yoona, please take care of me." She took a bow and surveyed the crowd of unfamiliar faces. Sehun was avoiding her eyes and the boy she sat next to was staring at her. His eyes looked like a thousand thoughts were racing through his head. The teacher ushered Yoona back to her seat and the minute she sat down the boy next to her turned to face her.

"I'm Lee Donghae." The handsome boy held out his hand for a handshake which Yoona gladly took. In the background, Donghae said something to Yoona that made her laugh which annoyed Sehun, who noticed in the row behind them.

When class ended and it was time for lunch, Yoona barely had any time to text Soohyun when almost all the kids in class ran to Yoona, and invited her to sit with them at lunch. Little to her knowledge, a jealous Sehun stomped away to find someone else to sit with. 

The school bells signalled the end of the day and Yoona raced out of the gates, she was about to call out to Soohyun when she caught herself. However, another dark haired man came running to her instead, Donghae.

"Hey, Yoona." He was panting hard from trying to catch up to her. "I was wondering if you wanted to do something this weekend." Donghae cheekily smiled at her. And Sehun, the king of worse timing ever, over heard him. He frustratedly stormed to his waiting chauffeur and told him to slam the door and to drive home asap.

Yoona noticed Sehun's sudden change in mood and told Donghae it would be better of they went out another time. A defeated Donghae went back to where Eunhyuk was waiting and the two went to his house.

The minute Sehun opened the door to his house, his father, Seunghun, with Taehee linked to his arm, greeted him warmly. 
"Sehun! Did you miss me? I brought you some new shoes." Taehee detached herself from her husband and got the shoes from the table to show Sehun.

"Isn't it nice? Appa got it specifically designed just for our Sehunie." Taehee smiled affectionately at Seunghun and wrapped her arms around his neck. It seemed like the two were lost in their own world, so Sehun went upstairs. But not before looking back at the couple to see them kissing.

Disgusted, Sehun quickened his pace and was about to open his bedroom door when a hand stopped him.
"Why were like that after school today?" Yoona asked him, with a concerned look over her face. 

"Why would you be worried about me when you have your fanclub."

Sehun shrugged her off and closed the door to his room. Yoona stood in the now deserted hallway, oblivious to Sehun's remark.

Sehun leaned against his bedroom door from the other side. In his mind he was wondering why his heart was beating so fast. He thought to himself, "I don't like her, no, I Can't like her, not after what I did to Jihyun." He shook off the haunted thoughts of what happened many years ago and decided to take a nap. 

By the time Sehun woke up, it was already 11:00 pm, past dinner time. Even though Sehun didn't care much for dinner, he still felt a pang in his heart knowing that no one bothered to wake him up. Since he couldn't go back to sleep, Sehun decided to let someone else suffer along with him.

Sehun carefully opened Yoona's door only to find her fast asleep on a pile of finished homework. Sehun smiled to himself as he watched the deer sleep. He picked Yoona up and carried her to bed, also making sure to tuck her in nicely. Once Sehun finished, he quietly closed the door and went back to his room. He laid down on his bed and tried to think of ways he could stop the boys, especially Donghae, from hitting on Yoona. He drifted to back to sleep once the perfect idea came to his head.