Haunting from the past

Royal Maid

"Oppa!! You're finally here!" Yoona exclaimed to Chanyeol and ran into his arms. He chuckled at his dongsaeng’s excitement and cuteness and returned the hug.
"How has my Yoona been doing?" Chanyeol asked, as the two siblings got comfortable on the Madam's velvet couch.
"I've been holding up without you." Yoona joked. "And this is the president and his wife, Song Seunghun and Ma-Kim Taehee." Yoona directed her hand to the couple that was just now entering the living room.
"Hello! Such a pleasure to meet you!" Chanyeol formally bowed towards them.
"Omo, yobo~ Isn’t he such a gentleman? Maybe he could be our new butler and we can fire that no good Baekhyun." Taehee said Baekhyun's name with disgust and looked at her husband for approval when the front door opened and in came a woman in her mid-twenties.
"I agree." The person who said that was none other than the notorious socialite, Kwon Yuri.
"Yuri-ah! I thought you weren't coming until next week!" Taehee belatedly ran to greet Yuri, with Seunghun smiling to meet her.
"Hi." Yuri cooly smiled at them. Taehee gave her a big hug and admired how well Yuri had grown up to be.
"Come sit." Taehee patted the spot next to her to motion for Yuri to come, but instead she went and sat next to Chanyeol, a little to close for strangers. Chanyeol uncomfortably scooted closer to Yoona.
"So how has my-" Seunghun never got to finish his question and was interrupted by a sleepy Sehun walking down the stairs, apparently still recovering from his lack of comfortable sleep when he noticed Yuri sitting on the couch next to Chanyeol. His eyes grew big in horror and he only managed to mutter one word.
"Noona."
The whole room was silent, everyone, excluding Yoona and Chanyeol, seemed to know Sehun's difficult past with Yuri. After what seemed like hours of awkward silence, when in reality only a few minutes, Yoona broke the ice.
"Noona? What?" She questioned in disbelief, and looked at Sehun, expecting an answer from him, when it surprisingly came from Seunghun.
"Y-Yuri is Sehun's cousin, specifically from Tae-hee's side of the family." Seunghun said cautiously. He wasn't expecting Sehun to continue to be this quiet, he seemed really hurt and affected from Yuri nine years ago.
"Sehun! Why didn't you tell me she was your cousin! Hi, my name is Im Yoona and I'm the new maid. This is my-" Yoona never got to finish her introduction when Yuri interrupted her.
"I don't care. What I care about is why you're sitting so close to..." She waited for Chanyeol to say his name.
"Chanyeol," He curtly finished.
Taehee nervously laughed while she still kept an eye on Sehun.
"Yuri-ah, why don't you make yourself comfortable. You must be tired from the long flight, we can talk more tomorrow." She got up, followed by Seunghun, signaling that everyone else should get up too. Sehun had already run upstairs and Yuri was heading up there as well when she turned the corner and hid against the wall, and overheard Yoona's conversation with Chanyeol.
"When will I see you again?" Yoona solemnly asked.
"Soon, don't worry Yoona-yah. I'll come back, and I'll bring Soohyun with me. I'm sure he'd love to come and visit you again." Chanyeol smiled warmly at his sister.
"Okay, love you, oppa. Drive safely." Yoona waved him goodbye as she walked him out to his car.
Yuri flinched at Yoona's last words to Chanyeol, it sparked a well-hidden memory from nine years ago. Yoona came back into the house after seeing Chanyeol off and headed up the stairs when she noticed Yuri was standing against the wall, still recovering from her nightmare.
Yoona bowed ninety-degrees and was just about to continue on her way when Yuri, after she regained her composure, stopped her.
"Just because you have Chanyeol oppa now, doesn't mean you'll have him later."
"Sorry?"
"Apology accepted."
Yoona silently scoffed at Yuri's remark and tried to clear her misunderstanding.
"Look, I think you're misunderstanding Chanyeol's relationship with me, he's my-"
"I don't care! Whether you call him your boyfriend or lover, whatever. The point is, he. Will. Be. Mine. So from now on, it's war." Yuri looked at Yoona dead set in the eyes and purposely hit her shoulder as she walked up the stairs, leaving Yoona in utter disbelief.

 


 

Yoona awoke to the sound of her phone buzzing with a text. She sleepily got her phone and read the text after rubbing her eyes.
Saseum! Are u up yet? I know u don't have work since it's saturday, so how about we go to that one-day carnival mom and dad used to take us to? I'll meet u at the front entrance at 9 ;) don't be late! 
Yoona smiled to herself as she read the text and replied back to Chanyeol.
Okay happy virus :D see u there
Yoona checked her clock, it was half past eight, so she still had time to get ready, it wasn’t like she wore loads of makeup and spent half of her life picking out what to wear like some people. Cough cough.
In the end, Yoona ended up wearing just a casual sweater with skinny jeans and sneakers. And since it was autumn, she tied a plaid button up shirt to her waist. After she said her goodbyes to the Madam and her husband, and quietly to a sleeping Sehun, Yoona caught a cab and headed to Gangnam.
Chanyeol was waiting at the front gates when two cars pulled up in front, one a taxi and the other a black Audi. And from it, two eye-catching girls stepped out. Even though one of them was dressed rather casually, the guys still couldn't help but stare. Chanyeol waved to Yoona, who emerged from the cab, while Yuri stood there, in utter shock that Chanyeol seemed to have completely forgotten about her.
"Well, if it isn't my Saseum! And hello Yuri." Chanyeol lost all his humor when he addressed Yuri. "Let's go, I'll buy the tickets." He went off first while Yuri held Yoona in place.
"What are you doing here?" Yuri whispered, while she tried to suppress her anger and frustration.
"Chanyeol-oppa, invited me, after all I am his-" Again, Yoona was interrupted by Yuri.
"Well, how dare he! I was the one who invited him here. How can he invite his girlfriend without my consent?!" Yuri angrily stated.
Yoona was about to try and clear the misunderstanding once more when Chanyeol called for them to receive their tickets.

 


 

Seohyun was in the middle of cleaning Sehun's room when the prince suddenly burst through the door. Seohyun flinched in fear for she had never seen Sehun this angry and hurt. Sehun paid no attention to her as he began to pace around the center of his room. Many thoughts raced through his head.
"Why is she here? She knows that I know what she did, and that it wasn't just an accident. After what I went through with Jihyun, she can still show her face before me?! Yuri can't be here, I won't be able to take it! Every time I see her, all I can see is nine years ago, her in blood-stained clothes and hearing her say it wasn't her fault." Sehun's mind conjured a painful memory that showed a girl's body being covered up in a white sheet. Then it flashed forward to show a funeral with a picture of a pretty girl with the cutest freckle on her nose. Sehun could still hear Soohyun's cries in the back and Yuri's muffled sobs.
"Sehun-ssi? Sehun-ssi."
Sehun snapped out of his flashback and moodily answered Seohyun.
"What."
"N-nothing, you were crying just now, so I wondered if everything was alright."
Sehun quickly wiped the tears away, obviously flustered at what just happened.
"Everything is fine." He said with a sigh.