It's time

Royal Maid

Yoona woke up to the warm, spring sun, and stretched her arms out and yawned as she got out of bed and headed towards the hallway and into Chanyeol's room. She opened the door quietly and peeked inside.
He was sprawled out on the bed, with the whole blanket thrown to the floor and to top it off, a deafening snore rang through the room.
Yoona smiled to herself as she watched Chanyeol sleep, tired from the long night shift. After tucking him in, she closed the door and went back to her room.
Immediately upon entering, Yoona ran to her laptop and logged into her email. A big smile spread across her face, she covered to stop herself from screaming, and jumped up and down in excitement. Yoona quickly got ready and headed out the door.
The minute Soohyun reached Yoona's house, the door swung open and a delighted Yoona ran into his arms.
"Oppa! I got accepted! I'm going to be a maid at the Blue House!" Yoona released herself from the hug and looked at him with her deer eyes.
"Tha-that's wonderful Yoona." Soohyun couldn't help but feel like this was more than a coincidence, but he didn't want his distaste to show and ruin Yoona's day, so he decided to give himself some space to calm down.
"Um, I forgot my notebook at home, I'll see you later during lunch." Soohyun quickly smiled at Yoona before turning around, leaving her stunned in front of her house.
In the distance, a black car began to drive away, and someone with bleach blonde hair said to himself, "Soohyun hyung, it's been a long time." He smiled to himself as the window rolled up and his car left the neighbourhood.
Soohyun got to his house, and slammed his fist against the front door. "Damn you Sehun. Don't think I don't know you did this. First-" He couldn't bring himself to say her name without still shedding tears even after 9 years had passed.
After minutes of anger and frustration, Soohyun realized he only had 5 minutes left until the school gates closed. He ran to school with only one thought occupying his head: Yoona.
Students walked past her as she waited in front of the school gates for her best friend. Yoona looked at her watch, and furrowed her eyebrows. There were only 5 more minutes until the gates closed and Soohyun was still not here. The thought of him skipping school sounded absurd. Soohyun never skipped school, unless it was serious.
"Oppa!" Relief washed over Yoona when she saw Soohyun sprinting towards her. "Yoona-yah! You go first! You're gonna be late!" Soohyun motioned for her to go first as he reached the closing gates.
"Oppa hurry up!" Yoona urged him to go faster, still stubbornly waiting for him. Soohyun slid past the closed gates, and the two happily headed towards their classes together.

 


 

There was only 10 more minutes until Yoona could see Soohyun at lunch. Since Soohyun was one year above Yoona, they didn't have any classes together, so the only time they had was lunch. And that was Yoona and Soohyun's favorite part of the day.
"Okay, today's homework is chapter 8-10 out of the textbook. Class is now dismissed," the teacher announced. Yoona hurried and gathered her things and ran out the door to the courtyard under the cherry blossom tree. Ever since Yoona and Soohyun went to this school together, they had marked their territory here and now no one dared to enter.
"Wow, you got here early." Soohyun said, amused. He sat down next her and his crushed something soft.
"Op-pa...you just sat on my rice triangle." Yoona stared longingly at his , but the attention was only on her squished meal.
Soohyun slowly reached for her rice triangle under his , a pink tint clearly on his cheeks. He nervously chuckled at Yoona, setting her squished rice triangle on the ground in front of her.
"Here, you can eat mine." Soohyun took his rice triangle from his lunch box and smushed it against her right shoulder.
Yoona's deer eyes grew even bigger and she hit his shoulder. "Oppa! How could you-" Yoona grabbed her fried rice and threw it in his face.
Soohyun was about to throw his juk at her when a teacher walked up to them.
"You two, come with me. Now." Motioning for them to get up, the teacher turned around and headed in the direction of the principal's office with Yoona and Soohyun trailing behind.
Yoona and Soohyun were waiting for the principal when the office clerk came in.
"Yoona-ssi? Your 'new employer' is here to take you out of school for the day?" She questioned.
"Oh! Okay, coming." Yoona got out of her seat and was about to leave when she turned her head towards a distraught Soohyun.
"Oppa, fighting! Try not to let the principal get you in too much trouble." She winked at him before exiting the school. In the parking lot, Yoona saw a black car with South Korea's flag on the front and a man wearing a black suit and sunglasses to match. She guessed that was her 'new employer' picking her up, so she blindly headed towards him.
"Yoona-ssi, my name is Tao and I'll be escorting you to the Blue house." Tao opened the back door for her and bowed.
"Nice to meet you Tao-ssi." Yoona also bowed and was about to get in the car when she took one last final look at her school.