Confrontation

Royal Maid

“Sir!” A voice shook Sehun back to reality.  “Get out please.” Jimin feigned a fake smile and stepped out of the car doorway, so Sehun could pass. He cleared his throat and quickly got out of the car. Yoona studied Sehun as they walked inside the police station and wondered what he was thinking about to have such a traumatic look on his face.

 


 

Officers Jimin and Jungkook led the trio to their team leader’s desk, Taecyeon. The second Sehun sat down and looked at the muscular officer; he felt another pang in his head and struggled to remember where he had seen him before. The only thing Sehun was able to recall was a blurry figure who resembled Taecyeon talking behind a wall to an unknown figure who Sehun also felt he’d seen before.

“Sir? Your name and social security?” Taecyeon asked, surprisingly in a very patient manner, despite the growing darkness outside.

“A-ah, yes, um, Oh Sehun and 350671489.” Sehun replied nonchalantly. The three of them obediently obeyed and handed their licenses. Taecyeon studied them carefully, looking back and forth from the people in front of him, to their pictures.

“Excuse me for a minute.” Taecyeon said as he got up from his chair and went to a room hidden in the back.

The second he left, the boys felt a cold front from Yoona, who avoided eye contact at all costs. “Yoona-yah, stop being mad huh?” Soohyun pleaded. “Yoona-ssi, keep in mind that this kind of attitude towards your boss will result in me deducting some money from your paycheck!” Sehun joked to lighten the area around them, but nothing worked. His small of laughter was left by itself in the cold police station. After a few minutes of silent desperate pleading from the boys, Yoona finally turned to face them.

“Y-Yoona…” Soohyun softly said.

“Yoona-ssi, I…promise I’ll try harder to keep my room clean!” Sehun shut his eyes and lowered his head.

Yoona’s gaze never wavered and continued to have a stern look in her eyes, one that rarely showed itself, even to Soohyun.

“Explain. Now.” 

 


 

The café doors’ bell chimed as Soohyun walked into the spacious dining area. He spotted Sehun sitting by himself drinking a hot cup cappuccino in the middle booth near the right wall. Without a word, Soohyun silently sat himself down in front of his foe.

“Oh, you’re here.” Sehun said in a monotone voice.

“Just tell me what you want to say.”Soohyun stated, unnerved by the fact that what he was anticipating would be serious.

“The night Jihyun died…she was going to see me.” Sehun couldn’t possibly make eye contact with Soohyun now, so he silently stared as his coffee and braced for Soohyun’s response.

He was speechless, the words tried to climb up Soohyun’s throat, but all he could do was sit there. His eyes began to sting as the tears welled up in the socket of his eyes. Soohyun silently got up from the booth and walked over to Sehun. “Say that again.” Soohyun’s voice barely came to whisper.

“Um,” Sehun broke into a cold sweat, “Jihyun was…on her way to see…me…when she died.”

Thump. Thump. Thump. Soohyun’s healing heart broke once again and began to beat faster and faster. His rage consumed his rational thoughts. First Sehun took her from him and now he was also the one who took her away from him forever. “You son of a !” He punched Sehun square in the face, yet luckily the cushion of the booth softened Sehun’s impact down.

By now the customers of the café began to panic and ran to the door to escape this bloody feud.

Sehun slowly stood up and wiped the blood off the corner of his mouth. No thoughts. No reason. No background. Sehun could’ve cared less that his father was the president when he pushed Soohyun to the center of the room and finished his combo with a kick, right smack in the middle of his foe’s chest.

Soohyun stumbled backwards would’ve fell to the ground if the tables and chairs were not there to ease his fall. He coughed and huffed as his lungs gasped for air. And sharp pain in his chest rang through his body, but regardless, Soohyun still charged forward at Sehun and slammed him against the brick wall; cold, hard, burning anger looked into Sehun’s empty eyes, it was only them in the room. No matter how hard You Are Here café’s owners tried to pry  a safe enough distance between them.

Sehun shoved Soohyun away from him and was ready to give one final blow when he saw a second too late who really was in his range of vicinity.

 


 

“We just were talking and our emotions got the best of us, right Sehun?” The smile that Soohyun aimed in Sehun’s direction did not quite meet his eyes.

“Uh, yeah.” Sehun said awkwardly once he made eye contact with Yoona.

Yoona began ranting about how they should’ve told her they knew each other and that she would not be able to trust them as easily as before when she and Sehun heard Taecyeon’s voice coming in their direction.

“Soohyun-ssi! Get up! Soohyun-ssi, can you hear me?” Taecyeon shook Soohyun’s limp shoulder as the sound of an ambulance came closer.