Two roads merge

Royal Maid

"Yoona-yah!" Soohyun called out. He always felt like a turtle compared to her. Yoona was fast at everything: running, studying, talking, etc. Yoona and Soohyun were walking home from school, and as usual, she rushed past the school gates the second the bell rang. She panted hard while putting her hands on her knees, and smiled cheekily at Soohyun.

"Sorry, oppa!" Yoona called out to him about two metres away. Soohyun caught up to Yoona and they started their journey to her house.

Yoona sighed, "Chanyeol isn't going to be home… again. It's been two weeks and he still has to work overnight shifts at the gym. And when he came home briefly last night, he was exhausted." Soohyun could tell that Yoona was upset, the aura around her went from frivolous to brood.

"Are you sure you don't need my help?" Soohyun hoped she would agree to what he had told her during lunch. He came from a decent family, so getting some money wouldn't be too strenuous for them.

"No, oppa. Besides I found a job..." Yoona averted her eyes, knowing what Soohyun would think when she told him what her job was.

"And what is it?" Soohyun's voice wavered a bit, nervouse as to what she was going to tell him. Yoona looked straight at her feet and murmmered, "A maid at the Blue House..."

Soohyun's eyes bulged out of their sockets in surprise when the news broke out.

He soon remembered who was at the Blue House and angrily told her, "Yoona, you know what it means to be a maid! You don't have to go that far for Chanyeol! You know what, it's not a question anymore, I'm giving you some money. You are not going to do that kind of work, even if it's at the Blue House!"

Yoona was speecchless, she didn't know why he was so opposed to it, it wasn’t like she was going to be a e. Finally. Yoona looked him stright in the eye and took off her mask, "It's not for Chanyeol! It's for me! Do you know how weak and useless I feel while Chanyeol has 3 jobs?! Not to mention, I'm in my third year of university! I'm old enough to work, besides, I need it to distract me from how betrayed I feel at my dad - just my whole life!" Yoona stood in place, crossing her arms.

Soohyun pleaded, "Yoona please, I know how hard it must be for you, but just don't do it, please." He clasped his hands together and went down on his knees, with a puppy face stamped on his face.

Just looking at Soohyun's ridiculous expression was enough to make a smile sneak into Yoona's face. Once he saw Yoona's smiling face, Soohyun forgot all of his worries and began to laugh along with her. "Yoona, I'm serious though, please think about it." His laughter left, a serious and steady tone came and took it's place.

"Soohyun-ah, I've made up my mind, I sent in my application yesterday. Besides, the pay is good, and remember when our economy class visited the Blue House? It was so clean, I swear, not even a speck of dust would dare to enter." Yoona felt bad about doing this to Soohyun, but she knew she had no choice.

He sighed in defeat and waved the white flag and surrendered. "Fine, go. But you have to keep in touch and make sure to visit me every weekend." He said with a smile.

Glad that Soohyun finally was at ease, Yoona relaxed her tense shoulders. "Okay mom~" she teased, and winked at him.

Although not all of his worries were at ease, he still felt the tiniest bit better knowing that Yoona would still see him, even after living with Him.

They reached Yoona's house and Soohyun decided to hang out there for a little while. He didn't know whether what they had would last once Yoona went to the Blue House, so he decided to make the most of it now.

 


 

Sehun made his way through the squealing girls and past the security guards to one of the Joseon-like buildings that he called home. Immediately after he took his shoes off and walked into his house, his mother, Kim Taehee, wife of the president of the Republic of Korea, ran to him with a big smile glued on her face.

"My son!~ How was school? Did a lot of girls hit on you?" She playfully nudged his cold shoulder.

"It was fine." Shrugging her off, Sehun walked to his room when Taehee said, "Your father is busy with foreign affairs, but he'll be back in two days." She gave a reassuring smile to her only son. Sehun scoffed at her as he continued on his way to his room.

Sehun laid on his bed thinking about his father, Song Seunghun, who was usually always busy being the president. He never once acted like a true father to him, thinking that presents could replace fatherly love and bonding. Sehun eventually stopped trying love and closed his heart to everyone, even his ever-so loving mother. He hated that she still stuck by his father's side, even though he was never around. She was practically a single parent.

Sehun's thoughts were interrupted when he heard his mom. "Dinner! Sehunie~ come out!" Taehee called to him from downstairs in the kitchen while the maid set up the table. Sehun sighed in frustration and obediantly came downstairs. He suddenly slipped on something wet and stumbled to the ground. A loud thud traveled through the house.

"Ack! Mother! Tell the maid to clean up the house! And the other ones!" He protested, a small hint of blush forming on his face.

"Omo! Our Sehun!" Taehee came rushing to his side after she scolded the maid. "Maybe this will make you feel better," she pulled out a packet of papers and showed it to him, "I put out a private ad for another maid, and I got the applicants' resumes. Here, you pick one you like and we'll hire that person." She smiled and handed him the packet of resumes. Sehun skimmed through the pages until one caught his eye. A small smirk began to grow.

"I want her." Sehun pointed his finger in the direction of a resume that said Im Yoona.