The prince and the deer

Royal Maid

Tao parked the car, and opened the door for Yoona when they reached the Blue House.
"This is it, Yoona-ssi." Tao smiled at her, he seemed rather proud for some reason. Yoona admired the famous building in front of her. Tao took her to the back entrance, so there weren't any tourists. He opened the door that led to the main area of the Blue House.
Yoona examined it, a smug look on her face. Not even a single speck of dust she thought happily. She put her finger on one of the tables and let it slide along the table as she and Tao walked. Yoona took her finger off and examined it, no dust. She looked around when she realized they were heading towards a bookshelf.
"Um, I thought we were going to the president's office." Yoona tentatively asked Tao. He laughed to himself, "Yoona-ssi, this isn't the real Blue House." He whispered in her ear. Tao then lightly tugged on a blue book and the bookcase swung open. Yoona was flabbergasted. So this whole time she wasn't actually seeing the real Blue House, but the fake one?
She broke out of her thoughts and quickly followed an impatient Tao into the hallway before anyone saw.
"You're probably wondering why the Blue House is like this, so I'll tell you. At first, this place was originally there for the Joseon emperors to hide in case of attacks.Well now, it's being used to keep the public from seeing how messy the president and his family are." Tao seemed to find that last sentence amusing, but not Yoona, she felt deceived and betrayed. How could the president be like this?  He was the country's role model, yet he lied, even if it was about meaningless things like this.
Tao could see the disappointment on Yoona's face, so he decided to change the subject. "Ahem, Yoona-ssi, we're here now." Tao knocked on the door in a pattern. And a pretty girl in her twenties dressed up as a maid opened the door.
"Oh! Tao-ssi, you're here already?" The maid stepped aside as Tao and Yoona entered the real Blue House.
"Then I'll leave everything to you, Seohyun-ssi." Tao bowed and left the two maids. Seohyun immediately turned her attention towards Yoona.
"Hi! I'm Seohyun, and I can't believe you're finally here... eonni?" She was hesitant at that last word, not sure if Yoona was older than her.
Yoona chuckled to herself, when she saw how cute Seohyun was. "I'm Yoona. Nice to meet you, dongsaeng." She held out her hand for a handshake, but was instead met with a big hug.
"Eonni~ you don't know how glad I am now that you're here. I had to suffer cleaning up this big house by myself after Sooyoung eonni had to leave, especially the Madam's closet." Seohyun 'cried' into Yoona's arms.
"It's okay, Seohyun-ah. Eonnie is here. Cham, how messy is the Blue House anyways?" Yoona eyed Seohyun in suspicion and denial. She hoped it wouldn't be as messy as how Seohyun exaggerated it to be, but before Seohyun could answer, the Madam, Taehee, came running to Yoona.
"So you're the new maid! I never knew since my Sehun picked you. But you're not bad, Sehun always has good taste." Taehee bragged, while she nodded her head in approval of Yoona. "And you." Taehee pointed at Seohyun, "What are you doing? Go clean the other buildings." "Yes Madam." Seohyun immediately rushed out.
Taehee shot a fake a smile at Yoona. "Here is your uniform. Put that on and I'll give you a tour and tell you about the rules we have." She pushed the uniform unto Yoona's hands and stood there tapping her foot as she waited for Yoona to go change. Quickly getting the memo, Yoona ran to the nearest room and closed the door.

 


 

 

"Got everything?" Taehee asked Yoona.
"Yes, madam." Yoona bowed in a ninety degree angle towards her boss.
"Good, now go clean all the bedrooms while Seohyun is making dinner." Taehee pointed her finger towards the stairs leading to all the bedrooms. Yoona obeyed her mistress' wish and headed up the stairs, but not before bowing in a ninety degree angle.
Yoona picked the first room she saw, which was Sehun's, and when she opened the door she almost fainted.
"Wow...that's weird, his room isn't usually that messy." Seohyun said over Yoona's shoulder before she went downstairs to finish dinner.
With a disgusted expression stuck on her face, Yoona cautiously stepped into Sehun's room, and tried to avoid the dirty clothes scattered on the floor. She started to pick up the clothes and put them in the laundry basket when she let out a muffled scream.
In Yoona's hand were a pair of black and white boxers. Using her other hand to pinch her nose, Yoona stood up to put it in the laundry basket when a presence was felt in the room.
"What do you think you're doing with my boxers?" There, leaning on the doorway, a handsome prince stood. Yoona quickly straightened up and hid the underwear behind her back and turned to face Sehun.
"Um, you see, I'm the new maid here." Yoona looked down at her feet.
"Does that mean you can rummage through my clothes without my permission?" Sehun joked, but Yoona was too flustered to notice. She was about to respond when Taehee called everyone down for dinner. Sehun smirked at Yoona before he his heels and left the room to go eat dinner.
She was about to follow in his footsteps when her phone rang. And Yoona's face lit up when she saw the caller ID.
"Soohyun-ah! Hey!"
"Yoona-yah, are you okay over there? Did you meet Sehun yet?" Soohyun's worried voice was lucid even over the phone.
"Don't worry oppa, I'm fine, and you should see how messy Sehun's room is, you won't believe how much I have to suffer. Anyways, I have to go, dinner's ready, I'll call you before I go to sleep later tonight." Before Soohyun could reply, Yoona hung up.
"Bye, my love." Soohyun sadly said to the empty line.
Yoona put her phone in her pocket and hurried out the door to the dinner table. Unbeknownst to her, she passed by Sehun who was hiding against the wall, and had overheard their entire conversation.
The table was complete when Yoona came down to join everyone at the dinner table. It was filled with today's special of Italian goods and dishes, from Crostini to Agnoletti. Taehee sat at the head of the mahogany table, Sehun was to the left of her, Seohyun to the right, and Yoona sat next to her.
"So, Yoona-ssi, I'm guessing you've never met the president, or as I should say, my husband." Taehee specifically emphasized the last word, she wanted to make sure everyone knew she had a higher authority.
"Yes, Madam, I have not, although I’ve heard he's a very good person." Yoona said.
"Anyways, enough small talk." Obviously wanting to show that she wanted to be the one talking, Taehee picked a different topic to talk about.
"Since you will be living here, as long as you have your job, which I expect you to be for at least a year, since it's on the contract anyway. I have already enrolled you in the same school that my Sehun is going to, you as well Seohyun-ssi. That way it makes my life easier not having to remember two different schools."
"But, I thought I could still go to the same school," Yoona said dumbfounded. She didn't want to change schools, what about Soohyun oppa? Yoona couldn't bear the thought of not being able to see him every day.
"I see you're not one to fully read contracts then huh? Let me make it easier for you, in the contract you signed, it says I can change schools as long as it benefits your job. And that's true, isn't it?" Taehee stated, daggers ready to aim at Yoona.
Yoona sighed a sigh of defeat and desolation. "Yes, Madam."
"Good, I will give you both your uniforms after dinner...and the cost for them will be taken out of both of your paychecks." Taehee smiled sweetly from one victim to another. On the other hand, behind the curtains, Sehun was fighting hard to hold back a smile. He, for once, was excited to go to school tomorrow.