A Song For Someone

A Little Not Over You

JI HYO POV:

It has been a week since I got injured and I am healing well day by day. We have been hanging out together ever since Joong Ki and Gary got to know each other better. Gary now gives Joong Ki ocassional lessons on Parkour stunts in school or around the park in school. Joong Ki and Gary went to the park while Eun Hye and I sat in the canteen to chat. 

"Recently you have been hanging out with Gary a lot huh..." She gave me that suspicious look. 

"We have been hanging out together with him as a group. Don't give me that look!" I gave her the 'seriously' face and rebutted her.

"Oh really? I still remember how you talked back to the teacher and stood up for yourself. I am serious. The two of you are suspiciously close!" She leaned in and grabbed my pen to get my full attention." She stared right at me.

"We are in a group project because you wanted to be with Jong Kook! How is that my fault and I can't help it!" I told her back. 

"Come on, don't lie. Don't tell me there have never been a moment where you felt something for him!" She smirked. 

"Even if I explain to you, you are not going to believe me so just return me my pen and let me do my things!" I didn't actually wait for her to return me my pen. I snatched it from her and went back to doing my work. 

"Come on, don't turn people away because of the fear that others will judge you for who you really are instead of the model student they knew before. Learn how to get closer to others and make more friends. Maybe Gary is just the one for you. Ask yourself..." She said that before sighing and getting to her work as well. I glanced up at her and thought of what she said. What she said was true. I never really made friends because of who I was labelled as. The school labelled me as a model student and I am afraid that people will not like me for who I really am. A crazy and weird person who cries at dramas and having a different side to me. I got so irritated by my thoughts that I picked up my things and walked off towards the room. The room where I feel the most at peace. The "haunted" music room. I placed my things down onto the sofa and opened the piano. I played the piano freely. Playing pieces not from my exams or from assignments but pieces from Official Soundtracks from dramas and other famous pieces such as Yiruma's pieces. Just as I was playing, someone entered and I hid at one side in case. 

"Ji Hyo?" Gary's voice called out to me. 

I came out of the corner and smiled. "Scared me. I thought you were a teacher." 

"Teachers don't come here. This is weird right? They have a music room at the end of a bend of a hallway. And the hallway does not have music rooms but dance rooms and the control room and other stuff that the school hardly touches!" He laughed, turning his cap.

"How did you know I was here?" I asked him, sitting down on the sofa after closing the piano.

"I heard from Eun Hye that you just walked off after looking frustrated so I placed my bets on this room. Anyways, since you know about his place, you can use it too! Only you and I know of this place!" He smiled to me. 

"Alright.... If I am going to use this room, I will let you know. Erm... how about using a code name for this place?" I suggested. 

"I used to think of GS. Gary Sanctuary. However now you are using it too. So how about..." He said.

"JGS!" We said together and started laughing. 

"JiHyoGarySanctuary!" I laughed out with him. 

"No problem. Anytime!" He laughed and after a while, there was an awkward silence. It was then I noticed a piece of handwritten score on the table. 

"What is this? Have you been composing your own music?" I asked, picking up the score and looking at it. 

"Yes. However, I havn't got anyone to hear it yet..." He said, shyly, like he was embarrased by his own work. 

"Let me listen!" I said enthusiastically. 

"Fine! Only you!" He then picked up his guitar, tuned it before starting to strum it. 

The looks of you is printed right in my brain.

I can't seem to get it out.... oohh woo

Your voice, is like my guitar, strumming so smoothly. 

Even when you cry, the tears that stain your shirt is like a stab in my heart

Please tell me, what to do... to save you from these tears~~~

"That's it! Verse 1 only. I haven't really written more. Is it ok?" He asked me. I could see his face blushing red. 

"Actually, I had a song too! Let me play it!" I walked to the piano, sat down and played. 

My dear boy, where have you been all this while?

My dear boy, why have you been crying all this time?

My dear boy, come and let me embrace you....

My dear boy, I can make you happy.....

If only you left her.....

"This song was about this guy I used to like last time. He was a great friend to me. However, when he started dating this girl, I stopped seeing him as his girlfriend hated it. He talked lesser to me on the phone. Boys started disliking him because the girl was a popular kid and they felt that he don't deserve her." I told Gary truthfully. 

"I wrote a song for this girl before but she rejected me... Listen for me to hear if it ..." He picked up his guitar and strum again.

Baby baby, I never really saw who you were. 

I thought you were just a friend, 

until I saw you crying. 

My heart ached, my body trembled.

I didn't know what to do. We were friends but I knew, 

my heart wants us to be more than friends. 

So baby, please give me a chance.

I'll give you my all. I love you when no else does....

I'll make you the happiest girl living in this cruel world.

If you just gave me, your hand...

"I sang a small part to her and she got up and left. I never saw her again!" He laughed. "But now that I think of it, I felt dumb. She was like the nerdiest girl in school. She must have thought that I was nuts!" He laughed. 

"I learnt a saying before Ji Hyo- Danger is inevitable. Fear however is a choice- I heard Jong Kook telling me that you were afraid to make friends. Just some advice. Up to you whether you want to take it! Come on, let's go. Your brother has already headed home!" He picked up his things, opened the door for me as I took my things and we left together. 

As soon as I arrived home, Joong Ki came up to me to show some stance he learnt just now but all I could register was his singing, the lyrics and his saying. I must be going insane... Everytime I leave school, he comes into my head. Insanity? Or feelings?