My Hero to the Rescue

A Little Not Over You

JIHYO POV:

My first date went smoothly. The next morning, I woke up earlier and headed to the carpark. There, my prince charming rode his stylish bike to fetch me to school. 

"Morning! How's your morning going so far?" He asked me.

"Not so good until you came to me!" I joked.

We were like every other couple. Cracking jokes, hugging when leaving and saying sweet things to each other. However, one thing that was different was that Gary never made a move to try to kiss me. I was unsure whether that was a good thing or a bad thing. However what I know is that, I have never been happier my entire live more than now with Gary and the gang. As soon as we arrived in school, Gary parked his bike and we left for lessons together. There was a lesson where Gary and I were not together. I sat beside Eun Hye and started talking to her.

"Eun Hye, have you been kissed by Jong Kook before?" I asked her. 

"Yes. I think a couple of times only though..." She told me before giving me the cheeky look.

"When did he kiss you or try to?" I asked further, curious.

"He usually does it after a date after sending me home. He never kisses me because he feel like it. It was I who actually kissed him first!" She smiled and laughed.

"Why? Shouldn't the boy be the one to make the first move?" 

"No No No! Girl! You are wrong. In a relationship, never presume that the guy has always to be the one to make the move. If you do that and wait for him to make the move all the time, after a while the guy will be sick of always making the first move and gradually be sick of you!" She exclaimed so angrily.

"So you are suggesting  that I make the first move?" 

"Not yet. Give Gary some time. He maybe nervous or unsure if you want it. You could perhaps drop some hints."

"Hints?" I felt like a total noob.

"Like casually start talking about a kiss scene in a drama. Maybe he will get the hint. A guy like him will probably get the hint!" She said.

"Alright. Thanks Eun Hye! If I still need anymore help, I will come find you to talk to again!" I thanked her.

Just then the bell rang and Eun Hye went off with Jong Kook first. I stayed behind to ask a few questions before leaving. As I exited the class, I felt a firm and rough hand grip my hand tightly and pull me. I couldn't see the man pulling me but he was really strong. 

"HEY! LET GO! IT HURTS! HEY! STOP IT!" I shouted at him as I tried to struggle my arm free but he showed no signs of weakness or backing off. I felt myself becoming scared and nervous. Suddenly, the person let go of my arm but pushed me against the wall. I realised that we were in a quiet hallway. The guy who stood before me was unfamiliar. I then remembered who it was. Samuel. Samuel was the guy whom our parents arranged us supposedly to be together. We played often when young as our parents talked business but I never liked him and was never close. He was the popular kid in our school. Sleeping with girls as he likes. He never really approached me though. 

"Hey Samuel! What do you want from me?" I asked, trying to control my voice from quivering.

"Nothing! I just thought that you might miss me!" He moved in closer to me. I could hear him breathing now. 

"Hahaha! You must be joking! Don't you love to crack jokes? Hey, look at the time, I have got a lesson now. See you around!" I tried to leave but the hand strong pressed my shoulder hard against the wall. 

"Where do you think you are going?" 

"Samuel, what do you want?" I asked, scared.

"Nothing, just missed you. Since young you were never close although I wanted to be close. In school, you hardly recognise me!"

"I am just a normal girl with nerdy friends. Who am I to acknowledge your popular presence in the school and around your friends?" I joked.

"It's ok! By the way, are you okay?" He suddenly asked.

"Yeah...yeah... why?" 

"Because your voice is quivering so obviously in front of me..." He then used his finger to brush my neck. I immediately ducked my head down.

"Hey! Why are you scared? Don't you remember? We showered together when we were young in the past! Damn, don't you look fine?" I could feel it. His body pressing closer with every sentence. 

"Stop Samuel. We could both get suspended if we are seen like this!" I pushed him backwards but it only made him move closer. 

"I tell you what I want. You probably can guess it too-what I want!" He told me cheekily as he touched his belt. I gulped fearing what comes next. I have heard many stories of him but never thought that it was true.

"You know I can't do it. I am attached!" I told him blunt, fierce and straight in his face. 

"No? No? NO?! How dare you say no!" He yelled into my ears. "I always get what I want!" He then took my books out of my hand and threw them to the ground. He then tried to take my schoolbag away. I tried to run as I felt tears streaming down my face already. Not as this age! I fell to the ground only to be pulled by my legs deeper into the quiet hallway when everyone was out having lunch. 

"SAMUEL! STOP! PLEASE! STOP!" I begged him to stop. He pulled my hair until my rubberband ripped. He was about to reach for my shirt when things happened fast again. His weight on me was lifted and as I backed against a wall, I saw someone pulling Samuel to the wall opposite. He slammed him onto the ground and kicked him hard. The person then got on his knees and hit his face hard. 

"This is the first time you will not get what you want!" With one last blow to the face, he punched Samuel so hard, Samuel grabbed the guy's pants and begged. He really begged for forgiveness.

"Sorry! I am sorry! I won't do it anymore. Not on her, not on any girls! I am sorry!" Samuel was on his knees and begging. The guy pushed him to the ground and kicked him hard. One. Two. Three. That literally silenced the hallway with just breathing sounds. Samuel was still breathing definitely just that he was badly hit. The guy came over and helped me up. He carried me bridal style to our sanctuary. Nonetheless, that guy was Gary. As soon as he placed me down onto the sofa, I got up and rushed into his arms. Tears stained his nicely ironed shirt. 

"Gary... I was so scared... I was... so scared that... that... I would lose..my first time... first time to him!" I then let Gary go. With a desperate and scared heart, I tiptoed and pressed my lips against Gary's. Initially nothing happened until Gary kissed me back softly. When we broke the kiss, all I could see was Gary's smile. All I could feel was his frim arms around me, protecting me. All I could think of was how fortunate Gary was there for me whenever I needed him. All I could think of was how Gary is my prince charming and my hero!