The Manly Side

A Little Not Over You

JI HYO POV:

Walking home, Gary insisted he sent me home after I got injured for him. Finally reaching my home, he stood by the gate and watched me as I entered my house. I went home and went to Joong Ki immediately. 

"Oppa! I got injured, can you help me check my back? Gentle ah!" I slammed my bag into the sofa and told him as he sat at the sofa staring at me, wide eyed. I understood that look, he wanted an explanation before he did anything.

"A friend was going to get hurt and instincts kicked in and I blocked it for him. I just didn't expect it to be so serious. He did some basic first aid for me already. Can you please help me check if it is still bleeding?" I begged him as I felt the pain coming back.

"Alright. Sit!" He sat me down. I slipped my shirt down at the shoulder and showed him. He peeled off the bandage and observed for a while. 

"Whoever did this was quite good at it. He made sure that he washed the wound properly before covering it up. It is bleeding slightly but it is ok. You need to bear the pain and shower off the dirt again. After showering I will help you put on a new patch of plaster. Go!" I obeyed him and ran off to shower. 

In the shower, as I took off my clothes, pain spread through my veins. I ran my wound under the cold water, gripping onto the shampoo body as the pain was numbing and stinging. After showering I went to the living room to find Joong Ki again but I found someone else too. I saw Gary sitting there drinking something. I breathed in to smell Milo. The moment Gary saw me he stood up like a gentlemen and said hi. 

"How? What are you doing? What if my parents catch you? What if our maid catches him? She sure report to mum!" I asked Gary first before asking Joong Ki. 

"The maid went out for a while because she forgot to buy something. Mum and Dad are going to be a little late!" He smiled to me. I sat down hesitantly before drinking Joong Ki's milo. 

"Are you better?" Gary asked me. 

"Much better! So how did you come in?" I asked him. 

"I stood at your gate for a while before I decided to leave. Then he came out and called me in. Apparently he has noticed me standing there from the camera there." He pointed to the visitor board whereby anyone outside can be seen by a camera linked to the visitor board. 

"Oh. So my brother invited you in?" I glared at Joong Ki. He smiled. 

"He did your first aid didn't he?" Joong Ki suddenly asked. 

"Yes why? How did you know?" I asked him. 

"Otherwise why did he come home with you and how did he know about your wound unless he stabbed you?" Joong Ki raised an eyebrow at Gary. Gary raised his eyes as an indication that it wasn't him. I laughed. 

"You guys talk! Have fun!" I went back up to my room and decided to settle on my homework when I heard a car and the gates slowly opening. I sprinted down and alerted Joong Ki.

"Mum and Dad are back! !" I rushed to pack the cups. Joong Ki decided to take over from me while I think of something. I glanced out and grabbed Gary's hand and brought him to the back of the house. 

"Gary. I need you to climb and jump over this wall to the back of this house and go home. Can?" I asked him, sweat pouring down my face just with the fear of my parents discovering him. He didnt respond me instead slung his bag on both his shoulder and looked around. Next minute, he gently hopped onto a flower pot, then a rack and supporting on the top of the wall, he jumped over. I heard him land. 

"Thanks. I liked your brother. See you tomorrow!" He told me and I just sighed and went back into the house. As soon as my parents entered the room they started their usual debate about company issues again. I just went back to my room and practiced my piano.

The next day, Joong Ki dragged me to find Gary. After searching, I found him at the school outdoor fitness corner. I saw him in singlet and pants. He jumped and hooked onto the monkey bar. He forced his body up onto the top. He then stood at the edge and I nearly screamed when he jumped backwards but landed steadily on his feet. 

"Cool! How did you do that?" Gary got a shock but smiled.

"I learned from internet but don't try. It is really dangerous. I broke my arm doing this before!" He laughed like it was very laughable. Before I knew it, Eun Hye, Jong Kook were with us too. Jong Kook as usual did pull ups, showing off his muscles while Eun Hye stood there screaming like a fangirl. I just walked over into the school. As soon as I walked, everyone else followed and together, we went for lesson except that Joong Ki went seperate direction. I was about to go for lesson when I saw Joo Kim. The guy who stabbed me yesterday. His groups of friends saw me and Gary and started whispering within themselves. 

"Eun Hye, Jong Kook, your go first. I need see Joo Kim for a while." I told the two of them when I saw Gary walking towards them. They nodded and moved forward. I ran abit to catch up to Gary. His face was enraged. I grabbed his hand before the could try anything rash. However he walked up and only said a few words.

"Please apologise to Ji Hyo." He said it so calmly I looked at him and wonder how he kept his sanity in a situation like this. Joo Kim looked at me guiltyly and then nodded. 

"Sorry Ji Hyo. Thanks for not reporting." He said to me. Even his friends nodded and apolgised. 

"Can I punch him?" Gary whispered into my ears. I smiled and looked up to him. 

"Ok. Please give it to him hard." I then let go and I heard his fingers crack. BAM! Joo Kim couldn't withstand the blow and fell to the ground. He got up immediately but his head still down. "Ji Hyo gave me permission. I did that for her. Not for me. Thanks and sorry though!" I glanced up and looked at him. I saw how manly and gentlemen he was. He stood up when I entered the room yesterday. He even asked me for permission to punch him. Gosh.... I don't know why but I feel that the way I look at him is changing...